Next Thread
Print Thread
#209838 02/03/07 09:43 AM
Arawn Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I was curious. seeing how shirtless men are in vogue. laugh

Am I the only one here looking forward too seeing this?

Seen the trailers? (under media.)

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
#209839 02/05/07 12:37 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes, I've been looking forward to this one.

I'm just blown away in how the trailer was put together. The colour,the music, the combination are just so neat.

Hopefully the trailer is representative of the movie. I have not looked into it though beyond trailer viewing and looking up the actors. Is it based on the graphic novel of the same name - 300? It has that enticing graphic look. I wonder how close they'll mirror Battle of Thermopylae...I'm sure loosely.

I just love watching movie trailers.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#209840 02/05/07 03:15 PM
Arawn Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Wow, so there are FOLCs that are into this. goofy

I consider myself a romantic. At first sight there might not be many similarities between a girly romantic action comedy like L&C and a testosterone pumping drama like this, but I think it's the same thing that attracts me, emotions that are larger then life. Protagonists making the great gesture.

Yes it’s based on Frank Miller’s graphic novel and at pre-screening it seems the movie lives up to the hype.

I wonder how close they'll mirror Battle of Thermopylae...I'm sure loosely.
You are right, this is historic fantasy, as you can see from the rhinos, and ogres. But the Spartan society was truly extraordinary.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
#209841 02/05/07 04:02 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have been pretty excited about this one since I first saw the trailer. I loved Sin City and the way it was shot. I suspect this one is very similar so I can't wait to see it. I know it will be great eye candy but here's hoping that it will have an awesome story line as well.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard