Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#209600 01/11/07 08:39 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well... it's Friday here, so I figured, what the heck. wink

I'm starting to work again in the morning. I can't sleep, I'm this close to having a full blown anxiety attack over this. I'm excited, but this new position is a real big challenge and - well, they *created* the position just for me, so I'm flipping out here cause I keep thinking I'm just not going to be up to it. I'm such a mess!!!

On the bright side - after so many weeks of waiting for it, we finally got to see that kiss scene in Smallvile. And OMG was it ever worth it. hehehe! smile

So, I'm a worried mess, but with a huge smile on. Go figure. *lol*

I hope you guys all have a *wonderful* Friday!! (I might, if I could only get some sleep...)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#209601 01/11/07 09:41 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Best of luck!! Hey, they wouldn't create a job they didn't think you could do, I bet.

As for me, it's Friday in the wee hours, and I just got back from the pub. I don't know how these crazy kids stay up til last call! And I got hit on by old people all night. Seriously, what's the deal? You can't date in your own age range anymore? I missed the memo.

Elsewhere, it's just a homework weekend! We have to make up design firms from scratch and then start on the Dove campaign. I have to make a CD case, and I have to work on my cave markings. <g> Just can't seem to escape those Sumerian pictograms.

Have a good weekend, everyone.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#209602 01/11/07 11:44 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Ahh Sumerian pictograms remember those well or more accurately what a headache they gave me. Well summer's finally arrived here (as in it's finally warmed up to the kind of temperatures that are usually associated here), but I just saw lightning and we're are set for storms so hopefully we will get the water we so desperately need. I've had a quiet day spent it watching Elvis movies (I'll confess that I'm a fan) his acting leaves something to be desired, but his singing makes up for it just a little.

Have a great weekend everyone! laugh

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#209603 01/12/07 01:38 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks Jen! smile Pretty sure I can do the job, I'm just not entirely sure *what* it is yet, going to find out in less than 2 hours. And it's also weird cause I know some people on the 4th floor are going to be shocked when they see me back... You know, I totally fit with this line from Superman Returns:

Lois Lane: Well you're back and everyone seems happy about it.
Superman: Not everyone.

Not that I have a Superman complex or anything.. I feel more like Jimmy this morning - not real sure what I'm doing there, but I'll try my hardest. LOL!

Have fun with the sumarian whatchamacallit - oh and Elvis movies? I totally watch those too if they happen to be on. smile

Y'all have a great day!!

#209604 01/12/07 03:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congratulations Lara! [Linked Image]

I hope you managed to get some sleep last night.

Jen, that's too funny - the old comment. The strangest things happen to you... <g> Which reminds me - how's your roommate situation going?

Crazy_Babe! Summer?! Oh, yes, Australia - man, I wish it was summer here. It's going to get down really cold tonight and over the weekend. We're supposed to get freezing rain and sleet. Ugh!

That's my weekend in a nutshell, probably - hold up inside my house due to inclement weather. Ahh, but at least it will give me time to write. <g> And what's better on a cold, dreary day that reading or writing a good story and a cup of hot chocolate whilst sitting by a roaring fire? (Okay, well maybe not a *roaring* fire since it is a gas fireplace, but hey, it's better than nothing.)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#209605 01/12/07 07:34 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Good luck, Lara. You'll make it!

This Friday...it promises sleep. I'm so happy that I don't have to get up early on Saturday. This winter is really odd. It's dark, okay I should be used to that. And I am, but it's just so hard to get up early. And then not even freezing cold wind is going to wake you up. What kind of weather is this? You don't even need a scarf. grumble

Oh and yeah, I can go on writing. That's important. smile

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#209606 01/12/07 08:51 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
A friend of mine from church is moving out of her room at a townhouse she shares with four other girls. I got an e-mail from her asking if I wanted the place. For $350 a month, plus about $75 in utilities, I thought I could do it.

Just in case though, I showed my dad the info, plus my budget. If I did move into my friend's room, I'd have about $50-75 leftover after paying the bills and stuff to buy food and other necessities besides gas.

Dad says that's not enough for one person to buy food and stuff. And I don't even have the hope of a raise for another six months when my 2-year review comes up. frown

I got through the M*A*S*H episode "As Time Goes By" last night, and I'm going to watch "Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen" (the five-part series finale, which is about 2 hours long, without commericials--as it is on the DVDs) tonight.

I'm kind of relieved that I'm almost done the series--now I can get into fanfic and other stuff online related to M*A*S*H, and watch other things once I have them (like MacGuyver, once I get my hands on seasons 1-5).

I feel a bit accomplished too--M*A*S*H is the longest-running series for which I will have seen EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. All the other serieses I've seen were 4 (LnC), 5 (Angel), and 7 (BtVS) seasons, or less (Dark Angel).

But I'm also kinda sad, because after GF&A, there's NO MORE M*A*SH. frown

Anyway, my weekend isn't going to be much different than usual--except I'm going to have to start trying to recover all that data that I can't get off of my dead external hard drive. I already got my financial records caught-up, but now I've got to get my fanfic, audiofic, etc. saved elsewhere.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#209607 01/12/07 08:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey DJ,

I'm still hanging around with my crazy roommate! As long as she doesn't screw up anymore bills in the interim, we can survive together. But I do have a side reason. One of our family friends is coming to SCAD in the fall and is visiting in a month or so. If he's not wild about the dorms...I'm wondering if he'd want to get a place together. So I'm hanging ten to see how that pans out before I start calling places. It would be ideal really. He's so...not crazy compared to all the art students in town. <g> But for the interim, we're still together. She showed me how to smoke pot really cheaply using a kitchen sink full of water today. You learn something new every day. <g>

JD

And PS, the old thing is so normal! Old guys hit on me all the time. Can't get a date my age LOL, but there's at least 3 new guys over 40 at McDonough's if I ever change my mind. razz

#209608 01/12/07 10:26 AM
Kerth
Kerth
This was my last week of vacation, so I've been working on my masters thesis and playing with my son. I took him to Sea World (we have an annual pass). I was going to take him to the Wild Animal Park today (again, we have an annual pass) but it was too cold/windy/was going to rain a bit. Biggest news...I got a tattoo! I've been wanting it for a long time but didn't want to go alone. I finally found a friend who wanted to get hers touched up, so went together. It's awesome - I totally love it!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#209609 01/12/07 11:48 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Groobie, I demand a description of the tattoo! That's so cool. I have to admit, I'm not afraid of needles, but rather of putting something permanent on me. I'd get tired of it. <g> That's also why I never pierced anything.

JD
who's pretty well back to moving into the boards now that school's in session. I swear I leave them to work on my firm. Really. <g>

#209610 01/12/07 12:15 PM
Kerth
Kerth
It's a two-tone purple fleur de lis. I just set it as my avatar. I'm not afraid of growing tired of this design because of all the symbolism it has for me. I certainly recommend that anyone who gets any body art does research into the shop you choose to make sure you will have a quality, clean experience. I also believe that you should create a custom design that holds personal meaning for you and be sure that you're doing it for the right reasons.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#209611 01/12/07 01:32 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I'd have about $50-75 leftover after paying the bills and stuff to buy food and other necessities besides gas.
Per week or per month, Darcy? If it is per month, then your dad is right, that would be pretty tough.

Lara, how was your first day at work?

Barbara, I agree that this winter has been really strange. It's pretty warm here normally anyway, but it has been so back and forth. Cold enough for my leather jacket on Wednesday and warm enough for short sleeves today. I always worry about warm winters leading to a bad hurricane season the following summer, but it didn't happen that way in 2006 so maybe we will be lucky in 2007, too.

Susan, where on your body did you get the tattoo? I've thought about it before, but I am afraid to get it in a place where it will stretch in a few years. Which excludes everything except maybe my ankle!

DJ, your weekend sounds idyllic. Note to self: get a house with a fireplace. Wait. In Florida? Maybe not.

Jen, crossing my fingers that your friend decides that dorms totally suck. smile

Three day weekend! I will be doing my same old, same old - reading too much fanfic when I should be tackling my to-do list. But I am thinking of going back to school to get my MBA, so if I do that, then my free time will be very limited so I may as well enjoy it now. Anybody been to grad school? (I know Jen is there now!) What are your thoughts about it?

Lisa (who is feeling a bit under the weather this evening and so is watching Titanic for comfort. Titanic was the first fandom I ever wrote fic for.)

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#209612 01/12/07 01:40 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
DJ - thanks! That icon is so cute! smile

Did I tell you they gave me an office next to a guy who's a real big fan of Batman? We're all alone in that alley, so we're going to put a banner up and call it the Justice League Alley. hehehehe! smile

It was weird, I felt like I was visiting the office all day... wink Being in a different department and having all new things (computer and office, etc.) and people coming up to chat cause they were happy to see me. It was just awesome!!

Darcy -- sorry that you won't be able to afford moving... It's probably not sound advice, but when I was in College and had moved out of my dad's place, there was a time when all I had left in my pockets was 40$ a month for food and leisure (no car or any need for transportation then). Granted that was 15 years ago, but still... I survived a full year on that - learned all the tricks to get myself invited for supper all over the place. wink My point is, sometimes when you want something really badly, there are some sacrifices that are worth making even if they look rather illogical and not very wise. But, as I said, it's probably not very sound advice.

Groobie - that's a really cool looking tattoo!! Mind if I ask why the fleur de lis? Just curious...

#209613 01/12/07 02:47 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Mind if I ask why the fleur de lis?
I am a history major and teacher, and particularly love French history. The fleur de lis is a timeless symbol, found in art from different regions of the world for millenia, but is most usually associated with French royalty. Purple is traditionally a royal color.

In the past year, I have lost 40 pounds, bought an entirely new wardrobe, and gained a new, more positive outlook on life. I have started wearing dresses and high heels, reclaiming the femininity that I gave up nearly 20 years ago after having been sexually assaulted. I have empowered myself to believe that I can be desirable without being victimized. In doing so, I've opened up my personality to others and have become a friendlier, more joyous person. A friend of mine told me that 2006 was "Princess Heather's Renaissance." (Heather is my middle name.)

So for me, my body art, is a symbol of my transformation and rebirth (from dark to light - two-tone), my feminine sexual power (location on the small of my back), and a reminder that I should always treated like a queen (through taking care of myself and my weight, and by the others in my life who respect me).

#209614 01/12/07 03:22 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Per week or per month, Darcy? If it is per month, then your dad is right, that would be pretty tough.
Per month. I get paid bi-weekly, and I did my budget based on over-the-top estimates on my usual monthly bills. I came up with about $53 and change leftover after all that. And I get paid over $1,200 net per month.

Darcy -- sorry that you won't be able to afford moving... It's probably not sound advice, but when I was in College and had moved out of my dad's place, there was a time when all I had left in my pockets was 40$ a month for food and leisure (no car or any need for transportation then). Granted that was 15 years ago, but still... I survived a full year on that - learned all the tricks to get myself invited for supper all over the place. My point is, sometimes when you want something really badly, there are some sacrifices that are worth making even if they look rather illogical and not very wise. But, as I said, it's probably not very sound advice.
Well, I can't really give up my car--gotta have it to get to work so I can pay those bills. Plus, the townhouse that has the room in it is at least twenty minutes away from where I work--on a GOOD traffic day, by CAR.

And I did talk to the friend who's going to be moving out of her room. She said she usually survives on about $50 for groceries and things herself. I'll have to see what kinda food she gets and where she gets it all.

Also, I figured my gas money on how much I use the car right NOW. But that'll change if I move to that place--there's farther to go from there to my work, which is only a 10 minute trive (15 in traffic) from my parents' house.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#209615 01/12/07 03:33 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
groobie - good going, girl! thumbsup clap It takes a strong will to go through some of the things you talk about and come out a winner; you *definitely* qualify as a winner. Way to go!!

French history is something I love to read about as well. smile They teach us that in school here, being it's so closely related to the history of this province (then again, I wouldn't know *what* they teach the kids in English schools... perhaps something else?) -- but it's one of those things that I could never get enough of myself. It's just fascinating. smile

#209616 01/13/07 04:10 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
My kitty is dying. mecry

#209617 01/13/07 09:20 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
oh, no! Lisa! *hugs* I'm so sorry. frown

#209618 01/13/07 10:13 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, no I'm so sorry! How long have you had him/her? I always feel silly for saying this, but animals truly are a member of the family!

JD

#209619 01/13/07 01:40 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Thank you, Lara and Jen. His name is Gandalf and he is eight; we have had him since he was four. He suddenly started losing weight a few weeks ago and we found out this morning that he has kidney failure. He really is a member of our family. My husband is especially upset. I hate this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard