Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Merriwether
Merriwether
I don't know if you looked much at the message boards, but most of the Hatrack River forums aren't actually about OSC. One "side" is, sure. But the much larger and far more active side is about everything else!

And since OSC fans tend to be intelligent, passionate, and caring, it's a great place. smile I've met a lot of wonderful people there -- including ones I have travelled to meet. I have met over 100 Hatrackers and counting. laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi all,

I just briefly checked out all of the MySpace listings here. Wow...I'm impressed.

It looks like we've got a few Southern girls here. I'm a Mississippi gal myself, transplanted to Oklahoma.

Groobie--It's nice to see another teacher on here as well. What do you teach? I love the wild goose chase you sent the kids on...what fun! I have a MySpace account, but I'd never let my students know about it, of course. Some things are best left to mystery!

To the Orson Scott Card fans, I like his work too. I particularly liked Ender's Game, Pastwatch, and Enchantment.

My page is a bit boring since I haven't done anything to it visually. I created it as a means of sharing a couple of my songs with friends of mine (yet another one of my hobbies), but I haven't really publicized it much. However, since I had a stranger ask me for a copy of one of my songs, I'm feeling a bit brave today. If you're bored, check it out:

QueenOfAces Page

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville

Lois Lane: Danger is my business!
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Here's mine: http://www.myspace.com/eac8423

I am very new to MySpace, haven't quite figured out yet how to use it. Definitely a work in progress.

Lisa (another Mississippi girl)

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok, to all you myspacers out there, is everyone in your "extended network?" It doesn't matter if it's my sister, or a band, or a random person...everyone seems to be in my extended network...I just wondered if it had any meaning...

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
For those who have both - or are just in the know - how does MySpace differ from LJ or the other blog sites? What would make you choose one over the other? I'm not very familiar with MySpace, so I was just curious smile

Caroline

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh dear. I have way too many blogs. I'll give you an opinion on the ones I have.

MySpace of course. It's the one that I use the least just because a lot of my friends don't use it. I've just always found myspace to feel a little chaotic for some reason? And like you always read those stories on CNN about people having fake myspaces and stalkerish stories...I've always felt a little sketchy about myspace, personally. But you can customize it to your dreams' end and it's your own personal page if you're into that.

Facebook. All of my friends are on facebook, and we all stay in touch with each other on this one. A lot of people don't blog much on it, although you can. Facebook tells you a lot about what people are doing, which can be both good and bad depending on your privacy settings. Mine are set high, so I don't tell people much, but if you don't fancy your privacy, you can tell people everything from whose wall you wrote on to what your latest music is. You can't view people outside of your network normally, which is something I like. I've found Facebook to be more about keeping in touch with people than blogging.

Live Journal. This is the blog I've always liked best because of the friends page. It will list all your friends and what they've written, so I can keep up with people's ins and outs with one click of a link. I've had Live Journal the longest, and it's just the one I've always liked writing in the best. Everyone can usually see your Live Journal, but you can make friends-only posts, and I like having that option. There's less personal customization on live journal, but I've always found it to be less complicated than myspace. I blog and that's about it. I don't really network with it.

Xanga. It's pretty much the same thing as Live Journal, only you don't get to have a user page. You write in it, you subscribe to people, etc. The one thing I like about Xanga is, it has an optional privacy setting so that everyone who views your page has to be logged in.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Shadow: I too like livejournal the best. It is the one I check several times a day and the one I use to keep in contact with all my friends. We have all scattered across the world since highschool but with LJ we can really keep in touch the way we want to. I love the way the commenting system works. I think hands down it is my favorite one. smile

I also run a writing community there and am apart of a few others. I like the way those are set up and they are great for fanfiction communities.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have a LiveJournal too . . . Actually, I think I prefer LiveJournal to MySpace--although I don't use either of them all that often.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Very interesting! Thank you all for your information. I've had an LJ for years and like it for all the reasons everyone mentioned, but I have never used any of the other sites beyond reading the occasional blog at Blogger. I'd heard of Facebook, I think, but not Xanga.

I've just always found myspace to feel a little chaotic for some reason? And like you always read those stories on CNN about people having fake myspaces and stalkerish stories...I've always felt a little sketchy about myspace, personally.
Yes, until I saw this thread, my only knowledge of MySpace was through those sorts of articles, so I had formed (I'm sure unfairly) something of the same impression.

Thanks for the info!

Caroline

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I have LJ as well: mrsmosley

Jen, I think eveyone on MySpace is in your extended network. No proof of that, just seems that way.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Merriwether
Merriwether
I forgot about my livejournal. wallbash I don't like to just write, so it wasn't for me. I think it's been about three or four years. I can't remember when that site started up.

I like to make a neat looing page. Most of the people I know are on friendster, but my best friend and her BF are on Myspace, so I ended up there.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Somehow I should have guessed there'd be a lot of people on here with pages all over the place!

In response to someone's question, I personally use Facebook the most and Myspace the second most. Facebook is due to my studies--so I try not to put too much information on there that I wouldn't like to have come back to haunt me in a job interview. I also use my real name on there. I'm pretty careful about what I use Myspace for as well (although my name isn't on there)--for the same reasons. Come to think of it, the only reason I got a myspace page in the first place was because one of my colleagues roped me into it--and now I do use it with other friends as well.

Unfortunately, I don't reveal my LnC interest at either location so I don't have any FoLC on there at present...because you don't know I exist smile

But I'm pretty sure that you're in the "extended network" any time that you aren't directly linked to someone as their "friend" but you find them through a friend's page.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard