#209008 12/08/06 07:20 AM
Selinde Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thought I'd start this week's topic with this pic I found smile
[Linked Image]

Sorry I just hád to show it goofy

So.. What are you guys going to be doing this weekend?

Selinde wave

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL!

Tomorrow is our traditional family pre-Christmas get together and I'm currently freaking out and still nowhere close to organised for it. But, at least I'm closer than I was this morning. <g> Just the remainder of the housework to be done really. So...phew.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I have bought no Christmas presents. Not one. Since I joined this fandom, a lot of areas of my life are more scattered than formerly, because I spend too much time on the internet! So, this weekend: buy gifts. clean my house. catch up on correspondence. balance my checkbook.

Or maybe I'll spend the entire weekend reading stories in the archive.

Decisions, decisions.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Columnist
Columnist
I just so excited that we finally got our first real snow here in Pennsylvania! Too bad its going to melt soon. frown

My weekend is going to consist of lounging around my apartment and watching tv, I think. I should be studying for finals in 2 weeks but I just don't think I'm that good of a student to start now. wink

Happy Weekend everyone! smile1

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I'll be spending the weekend cleaning, organizing, etc. Gifts are bought, but I have a few I need to return. Also going to a Walk-around Christmas display and then <gulp> to my 1st singles party...have to convince myself that being social is a good thing.

Jo

Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by Selinde:
Attempting to recover from the miserable cold that has had me in and out of work all week. (And which my kids seem to have caught too.)

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
Let's see . . . what's on my mental agenda for this weekend?
  • Friday
    </font><ul type="square">
  • Balance the checkbook
  • See if friends want to go bowling
  • If they do, then call the guy who gave me his number at the election to see if he wants to go, and write some more of PPKM while I wait for the alley to have open lanes. If not, then just write.
  • Go bowling (again, if the friends want to)
  • Read/write more fanfic

[*]Saturday
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Christmas shopping
  • Gift bag giving
  • Reading/Writing
  • Gift wrapping
  • Possible audiofic recording
  • Possible catch-up playing on Smallville (if my LimeWire downloads have finished before then)

</font></li>
[*]Sunday
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Meeting 7:30-9am
  • Church 9-Noon
  • Lunch
  • Reading/Writing
  • More possible audiofic recording
  • More possible catching-up on Smallville

</font></li></ul><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Selinde:
Thought I'd start this week's topic with this pic I found smile
[Linked Image]

Sorry I just hád to show it goofy

Selinde wave
Well, apart from posting this

[Linked Image]

I'm getting ready for a combined SF discussion group meeting and early Christmas party which I'm hosting tomorrow. Started cooking things this evening, tomorrow I do the big clean-up and put stuff out in dishes etc.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
I woke up at 5 a.m. and wrote about 1,000 words of "Stardust" before my kids woke up. That's pretty much the only time I have to write these days. By the time evening rolls around, I'm too frazzled to be productive. I'm not always productive in the mornings either, but this morning was good.

Then we did our usual stuff - chores, schoolwork, etc. - and after lunch we went to one of those pottery painting places so that the kids could make some Christmas presents. We stayed there for about 2 hours, and it was really fun - more than I expected it to be - and worth every penny not to have all that mess in my house!

After we got back from that, the kids watched "Seasons Greedings" with me. My son (9) is a huge Superman fan, but he's avoided L&C - mostly, I think, on the theory that if his Mom likes it, it's bound to be stupid and girly. Anyway, I told him enough about the space rats to convince him to give it a try, and both kids wound up enjoying it. The scene where Perry is dancing in his office just killed. He made me run it back like three times. Now I'm trying to think of other eps that might appeal to him. "Tempus Fugitive" may be the next one we try.

So that's my Friday so far. Now I need to go cook dinner...

Best,

Caroline

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
woke up at 5 a.m. and wrote about 1,000 words of "Stardust" before my kids woke up
Yea! More Stardust! And, wow, you must love to write, Caroline. 5 AM!

I know many of you are going to be laughing yourselves silly at this next line, considering the latitude I live on compared to those some of you live on, but I have to got to say: Damn, it's cold! The high today is 45 and we simply don't have the clothing for that here. Why buy heavy coats when you only need them to walk to and from your car five days of the year? I am just about now, 30 minutes and a car ride later, thawing out from trip from my office door to my car. How do you northern people deal with this all the time??? And why do you want to??? (Can you tell I am a born and bred Southern girl? And I have the accent to prove it! [sort of])

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh snap.... someone done brought out the Caturday pictures. ^_~

I counter with:
[Linked Image]

I have nothing special planned for the weekend. Got into a huge fight earlier this week with the boyfriend of almost 5 years and we broke up for about 3 hours and then fought and mended the relationship. Went to bed at 4am in the morning (wasn't that fun). So we have been trying to do more things together to see if we want to salvage the relationship. I imagine we will probably try to go on a date sometime this weekend (which we haven't done in foreeeever). Maybe I'll make him take me to a sappy movie. ^_~

I'm also doing my best to weedle out of him what he has gotten me for my birthday. So far I have had no luck. frown He knows it drives me crazy. I love presents but I actually enjoy trying to figure out what people have gotten me more. ^_^ I'm such a strange one.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
CHRIST, it's cold. goofy I totally know what you mean, Lisa. Our high was 44 today. I finally left the dog outside to his own devices because I was just FREEZING while he was taking like, a year to sniff around outside. Unfortunately, I don't have the southern accent that goes with the temperature mentality; my dad is from Queens, so three guesses as to what I similarly sound like. goofy

Weekend/into next week plans include more guitar playing and...art...in general. I promised mom I'd repaint her lawn ornaments while I'm in town, I promised myself I'd start a new painting, I'm painting my friends martini glasses for Xmas, and I have this pesky Graduate School Review to start working on.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
And, wow, you must love to write, Caroline. 5 AM!
Yeah, it puts me in a happy place. smile And having that quiet, creative time to myself in the morning seems to make my whole day go better. It's totally worth it to get up at 5:00.

And count me among the thin-skinned, wimpy Southerners who are Not Amused by this visit from Jack Frost. I went out at like 2 this afternoon, expecting it to have warmed up as it usually does, and I had to go back in for a coat. I couldn't even remember for sure if I owned one, and if so, where it was. I have no idea how people who live in the North (which as far as I'm concerned is anywhere North of me, so North Carolina would qualify *g*) can stand it.

Brrrr...

Caroline

Top Banana
Top Banana
I live in Maryland. A few days ago, it was in the 40s or 50s. Now, it's BELOW FREEZING.

I am cold. You are not. :p

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm with the above. When you're below zero, you're cold! It's so cold here I can't even get hot water. Somebody forgot to insulate the pipes.

As for my weekend. Let's just say it involves a lot of writing and none of it's for fun. I just got back from the Christmas party (which was somewhat Christmas but not really very festive). Now I'm staring at my screen, desperately needing to write things, and totally incapable of actually doing it.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Features Writer
Features Writer
As for my weekend. Let's just say it involves a lot of writing and none of it's for fun.
I feel your pain. It promises to be a lo-o-ong weekend.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You wimps, feeling cold at above-freezing temperatures! wink We're down at -5C and thereabouts (23F) and today we got dumped on with 30 inches and more of snow. Nothing moved in the entire city. Most workplaces closed, all schools and colleges closed, no buses running, police advising everyone to stay home.

Now that's winter weather goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well now, if we're going to have competitions on how cold it is... It's hot in Maryland compared to here, you know... 15F here, but with winds at 15mph and more, they say the windshield factor brings it down to something close to 6F. Winter is here... (and in the depths of winter, we actually get days at -40. really. Did you know, -40 is the same in F and C. *lol* useless info, isn't it?)

I was given a really amazing present today at work (from a bunch of the guys who feel sorry for me getting my pink slip right before Christmas) - they gave me a 30' tall Superman figure. He's SO cool!!! ( it\'s like this the image is not fab, but the figure most certainly is!)

The boss took us all to lunch at a steakhouse downtown. YUM. laugh One of the guys was telling me of a conversation he'd been having with some of the other developpers (after they learned I'd been "terminated") and I was just blown away by the comments - I don't socialize much with these guys and I really only have contact with them through e-mails, talking about bugs and stuff they need to fix - I had *no* idea they appreciated me so. I mean, I know they only ever tell you these things when you leave, but I didn't think they even really noticed me at all. I was sorry to have to go before, now I'm really super bummed!!!

Watching all my fav Christmas shows right now. They had Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer before and it's Frosty the Snowman now. smile I think I'll pop my VHS copy of How the Grinch Stole Christmas next. I've watched all these every year since I can remember - even when I was too young to even understand English. I expect to start crying in about 15 minutes, when Frosty melts... as usual. wink

Hope you all have a great week-end. I have no plans, I'm just going to *sleep*. laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
I didn't go bowling tonight--didn't even call anyone to see if they wanted to go.

It was cold, and I just wanted to curl up with my blankies and read. Actually, I didn't read that much after I had caught up on the boards and balanced my checkbook. Instead, I started catchin' up on my Smallville watching--I watched season 5, episodes 10-13. And now, I have to wait for episodes 14 and 16 to finish downloading (those two have been giving me trouble for DAYS).

It's 1:30 in the morning, and I probably should go to sleep, but I'm WIDE AWAKE. Not to mention, it's Saturday now, so I don't have to be up at any specific time anyway. I'm definitely not in a hurry to go out in the cold (which, admittedly, was only 25F (about -1.5C) the last time I was in my car to hear/check--at 5:30 "yesterday" evening.

I wrote the first scene of chapter five of my current WIP during work today (it was REALLY SLOW), but I think it kinda sucks--it jumps all over the place. I'll probably re-write it as I type it up--hopefully later today, after I do some shopping and such--then go on to write some more scenes. Never know . . . maybe I'll actually get the next chapter beta'd and posted within a month, instead of three months hence!

Anyway, I think I'll find something to read now . . .

Darcy\'s Place
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yeah, it's about 20-30 degrees Fahrenheit here most of the time.

Lara, I think that's wind chill factor, not windhsield factor, just to let you know.

Darcy, was just listening to some fo your audiofics. Good job.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard