Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'm not sure what I want to be. I've been pulling my hair out over what I want to be or rather what I am allowed to do...

Since I am not allowed to dress up, as I said last year, since I work in the evil corporate atmosphere on the floor were the evil big-wigs are when they are in town. razz

My goal is to make people laugh and I thought maybe I could be a CNN correspondent. I can interview them about the tumultuous time the accounting department will have with the Saskatchewan PST (provincial sales tax) reducing from 7% to 5%. There are many jokes associated with those from Saskatchewan so I'm going to go with that and some lame stress jokes.

whinging

Last year I was Clark Kent, so I can't do that this year. That was a total unexpected hit. It was even brought up in a meeting six months later by someone not even in my department.

I thought I could be a VP (vice-president). There seems to be so many of those at work. I swear I must work in VP land. I would wear a tie and dress up. I have many ties.

I don't want to pretend I'm a psyco or a mind reader...something in that realm.

A co-worker who has a position 'above' me suggested I should dress up and freak out the management into thinking I was going for an interview. She said that would be freaky going into the year end rush and all. MUHAHAHA.

Any ideas?

Well if no one says anything - HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Bummer that you can't dress up. At my work, we're actually encouraged to dress up, and we have a big party and contests for best, scariest, and funniest costume. Last year, I dressed up in the renaissance costume I'd bought at the Maryland Renaissance Festival last year.

I'm debating whether or not I should wear it again--or I could wear the costume I had my dad make (basically a black robe tied closed at the chest with a black pouch on the side--a DragonLance-type wizardess of the evil pursuasion) when I was a senior in high school, or my old karate gi.

I like your idea for non-dressing-up, Roo. Last year, this guy I work with basically dressed up as a computer geek (which he technically is all the time), and from what other people said, he looked like Kip from Napoleon Dynamite. I've never seen the movie myself, so I can't say for sure.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oh my gosh. He looked like kip! rotflol

I don't remember him dressing up like this in the movie, but here he is. [Linked Image]

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's too bad you can't dress up... I would have had a great suggestion for a simple costume that would have been a hit with accountants... wink

I did it a couple years ago at work, back when dressing up was still a trend (it died, for some reason.. sad!). It's even cool cause it worked in English and in French, so everyone got it. hehehe! I cut up little pieces from a old bed sheet and wrote numbers on them, then sewed them on a old pair of jeans and t-shirt. Can you guess what that made me...? Someone you can count on (ROFL!)

If you were Clark Kent last year, maybe you could start a trend and do another character from the series... Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Lex... Dozens to pick from. wink You could even dress up all in green and pretend you're kryptonite. LOL!

I hope you'll let us know what you'll have picked, btw! I'm curious to find out! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my gosh! rotflol That was SO a dead ringer for Chris (the guy I work with) last year! Thanks for finding the picture.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard