Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#208396 10/26/06 06:38 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi I'm a newbie, obviously... I created this new topic here cauz I wanted to get to know you all guys and I thought we could talk about ourselves and about the day we've had and all...

Ok here I go, I'm from Rice Lake, Wisconsin, and I've loved LC since the very first episode. It still is my favourite show, along with Desperate Housewives, I'm a Teri's superfan so I wanted to share my passion with other fans like you gyus. I'm very excited to be part of this forum, plus I bought the second season of LC this morning and I'm enjoyin' it right now! dance

I hope to hear from you...

#208397 10/26/06 08:01 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey welcome!

I'm Jen, or JD, or Shadow...I seem to adopt a lot of nicknames wherever I go in life. <g>

I live in Georgia if anyone feels the need to stalk me (which so doesn't happen here). I'm SO excited I secured a new apartment today. My current roommate is nocturnal and lives in the dark. <g> I'm busting out of this joint!

I still have yet to buy the DVDs. Truth be told, there are so many fanfics here that I like more than the show LOL. But don't let that fool you; I glued myself to my tv set and did not miss a single prime time episode when it was on the air!

I also tend to talk a lot, but I'll shut up now and just give a hearty welcome!!
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#208398 10/26/06 08:26 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Hey, a newbie! Welcome!

Aw, Jen. I'm gonna miss hearing about the vampire roommate. wink

I'm a relative newbie in this fandom, too (although I did watch the show from the beginning back in the day). I just didn't have 'net access at the time. By the time I did get the internet, the show was in its fourth season and, well, I had issues with the fourth season (and the end of the third).

My day? I walk to work since I only live a mile from my office and it *snowed* where I live last night. I don't think I'm ready for winter just yet.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#208399 10/26/06 11:56 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Welcome! Also fairly new to the fandom. I rediscovered LnC after Superman Returns came out.

Let's see... things happening today. Well, good mood, decent day at work. A cuddleful reunion with the hubs when I got home (we are so sweet it's sick), and now he is cooking dinner while I am putting off taking my accounting quiz. And for some odd reason, we are listening to Christmas carols. It's a nice life!

I'm SO excited I secured a new apartment today.
Jen, here is my housewarming wish for you: a complete lack of roaches falling on your head!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#208400 10/26/06 01:58 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hiya there!!!

I fell in love with LACTNAOS when I saw the commericals popping up advertising the pilot. OOOOH, just let me slide back and remember.

I have found myself over the past few years loving fanfic more than the show. I love the writers here so much!

wildguy I better watch out now - I said a naughty I'm sure!

I've had a rather lovely day. I went outside and raked leaves. Yes, I enjoy that. I wore a t-shirt and shorts. Weird 'eh? Well it snowed on and off last week and the one before, so I'm jumping for joy that some warm sun snuck back in for a few days!!

I live in Winnipeg, Canada and it's okay.

Eeek gotta go!!!!

Welcome to the boards!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#208401 10/26/06 08:28 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, Superfanatic! Welcome and enjoy. smile

I'm a senior member. Though not a senior citizen. goofy

My mood of the moment? Pretty annoyed. laugh I've just spent the last four minutes dialing my doctor's surgery repeatedly only to find, having finally gotten through, that thanks to their wonderful appointments system that only lets you phone for an appointment in the hour between 8 and 9 am, all appointments with my doc have gone for today. In the first four minutes! This system sucks. Royally. mad

Now I need an appointment for the RSI in my thumb from dialing their number repeatedly for five minutes. :rolleyes:

Ah well. Going to go make a trip to my favourite charity shop and hopefully stock up with some good books to curl up with. Cheer myself up. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#208402 10/27/06 04:57 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hey there, and welcome!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#208403 10/27/06 05:42 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi thanks for the warm welcome, you gys rock... I read almost every fanfic in LCfanfic.com and now i'm reading the fanfics in annesplace.net, there are some great writers out there, I'm really impressed, I enjoyed reading them so much. Today's friday, my favorite day smile1 no work, only fanfic reading dance What about you guys, do you have any plans for the week end?

#208404 10/27/06 01:13 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, I'm a relative newbie to the boards myself. Although I also have been a fan of the show since before the Pilot.

My day was pretty ok. The first half, I spent reading Dragonquest by Anne McCaffrey (on company time, no less!) while I helped the newbie people in my former department get to know their jobs better--good times! (My computer was a floor above me, so I couldn't really do any of my own work, and the newbies were getting pretty good, so I had nothing else to do.)

The second half was spent playing catch-up for the first half of the day, plus all day yesterday (which I spent reading Dragonflight and helping the newbies).

Then, I had to walk 3 blocks, IN THE RAIN, to get to my car so I could go home. That kinda sucked, but it wasn't so bad, 'cause it was pay day, and I'd decided to save my grocery shopping for tomorrow so I could get on the boards and/or read more of Dragonquest tonight.

What's on the agenda for tomorrow?

Grocery shopping, underclothes & socks shopping, Dutch homework, possibly fanfic writing, and DEFINITELY either fanfic or book reading. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#208405 10/28/06 01:48 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Bleurgh. Got a cold that won't go away - this week I was supposed to have three days off work for other reasons, couldn't enjoy myself because I've been feeling so horrible. Not really ill, just non-stop headache and congestion etc.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#208406 10/28/06 02:45 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome to the boards Superfanatic. I'm pretty much of a newby, too. This weekend I'm trying to finish my latest story. I always search for stories I haven't read yet, but I'm afraid that there a not much left that I'm interested in.

I was very excited when I finally found this fandom. smile1 smile1 I have been searching for good fanfics for years but I wasn't very successful. frown

I'm impressed by the quality of these stories as well.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#208407 10/31/06 01:15 PM
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
First of all, welcome Superfanatic! smile1

And then... I'm in a good mood! Today I gave myself an one day holiday and I went to Florence. The day was woderful, the sky the purest blue, that colour which you can have only few days in spring or in autumn, and the contrast with the white marble of the Duomo and Giotto' Bell Tower was marvellous. I spent the day having my annual "pigrimage" at the Uffizi' Gallery and paying my homage to the Masters, having little shopping (Ouch! Here prices are very high for my wallet!) and then I ended late afternoon eating ice-cream and reading Jane Austen under the Loggia dell'Orcagna, with Cellini' Perseo in front of me and Giambologna' Ratto delle Sabine at my side, while very near a very good street performer (I try to find him every time I go to FLorence) was playing Jeux Interdits (Forbidden Games)' main theme with his guitar: the atmosphere was almost magic. So, a very good day!

Simona smile

#208408 10/31/06 01:50 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Ah Simona that sounds like heaven! What a perfect day - thanks for letting me live it vicariously. smile1

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard