Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Hey all,

you might remember me posting some time ago regarding my finals .

I've had my grades for a long time, but thought I'd wait until I had the actual results of where I ended up to post.

So, my grades were:

Advanced Biology: 98%
Advanced Chemistry: 99%
Advanced Mathematics: 73%
Advanced Physics: 94.5%
Biology: 99%
Modern Greek/Composition writing: 76.5%

These grades gave me:
- 18,594 points for the Health field (Medicine, Biology, Pharmaceutics...)
- 17,960 points for the fields of Natural Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, Maths...), Pedagogic Studies and Polytechnical School (Informatics, Engineering...)
(Best possible grade is 20,000 points)

Once I had the results, I had to fill out a form stating which departments in universities around Greece interested me and in which order. I decided on the options below:

- All 7 Medicine departments, in order of distance from Athens.
- All 3 Pharmaceutics departments, same order.
- All 3 Electrical and Computer Engineering departments, same order.
- All 4 Biology departments, same order.

Then had to wait a long time. (Did not do my curiosity any good.)

Eventually, I knew my department on Thursday. (Alas, being away on vacation didn't allow me to post until now.)

It turned out that I missed the last Medicine department for a mere 65 points. So I ended up in...

Pharmaceutics, here in Athens.

I'm very happy with the way things turned out. I admit that it's a bit annoying to know that I was only 65 points away from Medicine - I could have easily scored them. But, while I would have liked to be admitted there, it was never really a dream of life. Plus, it's a difficult profession, takes years of studies, is very demanding etc..
Pharmaceutics, otoh, is another field of study that interests me very much, less demanding (which translates to more Internet time, haha!), it's in Athens (if I had had the 65 additional points, it would have been Medicine in a city as far away from Athens as it gets, and the transfer to Athens does not take place overnight) and, hell, it's a success all in itself! This year, one needed at least 18,461 points to get in there smile

So, for the next five (at least...) years, I'm going to be a Pharmaceutics student in the University of Athens. And I'm really happy about it, because I honestly believe what happened was the best thing that could happen. When you weigh the pros and cons... too many pros! What else could I ask for?

Done sharing my joy now. Thanks for reading smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well yay, congratulations! I'm glad you're happy about the results!! Omg, isn't waiting just terrible? I pretty well drove myself crazy waiting to find out out if I got into the graduate school I wanted. Annnd I feel like I have some more culture now, having read about the testing process in Greece. :p

Best of luck in pharmaceutics!
dance dance dance
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congratulations Anna!

party

If it's what you wanted and the best all round - then I'm so happy for you!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Congratulations Anna! You are brilliant. I, too, think you are going to be very happy studying pharmaceutics, and doing it in Athens has got to be a huge added bonus!

Once again, congratulations!!

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Felicidades Anna!!! smile

Jose clap

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Congratz!!! smile1
Do you learn Greek? eek Oh wait a minute... you are from Greece.. Never mind.. Just a *little* bit sleepy :rolleyes:
But isn't 99% etc extremely high? eek I think you are the next Einstein dizzy :p

Edit: yay!! 100th post!! Kerth!!! laugh

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Thank you all!

And LOL, Selinde laugh Congrats on your 100th post! smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
T
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
T
Congrats, Anna. That was a wonderful achievement and I hope that the future continues to get better with each day. Best of luck with your studies.

Tayryn

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Congratulations! party

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard