Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
It'd really be nice if they don't find anything horribly wrong with me, and they might not since the MRI is clear. I may just have a false tumor, but if you happen to think about, it'd be nice if you kept me in your thoughts. I just got diagnosed with a condition that I can't even spell out that's making my eyesight degenerate, but if nothing else is wrong tomorrow, all I'd have to do is start taking some medication that would relieve my headaches and definitely keep my eyesight from worsening. I keep thinking, and it's so horrible, but I'm only 22 years old, and the last two weeks before I'm supposed to start grad school have just been hell. I've been to my regular doctor, I've gotten the MRI, I've seen my eye doctor, I've seen my neuro opthamologist, and now I'll get to add a neurologist and a spinal tap to the list, and I'll finally know what's actually wrong with me tomorrow. I hate hanging in limbo.

Thanks for letting me whine for a minute or two, I really appreciate it,
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Good luck, Jen. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Blogger
Blogger
I'm praying for you Jen, I hope everything goes well and that whatever you have is curable. smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
eek

Hugs, good vibes, and prayers heading your way!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow. Getting a spinal tap is no fun. (I probably made myself more nervous than I needed to be, tho.) They had a bit of trouble with me until they moved down one vertebra. After that, everything went pretty smoothly.

I hope you find some answers, Jen, and that they're good ones.

I'm a little surprised, though, to see you say that you expect answers tomorrow. MRIs and spinal taps both usually take a few days to process. With an MRI, you can sometimes get a "cold read" if you ask for it (they get someone to take a quick glance while you're there to let you know if there's something really obvious going on), but it's with the understanding that it's not a binding opinion (he's taking a glance at the films, not making an actual diagnosis).

Anyway... good luck to you. Let us know how it goes!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I don't know if it's tomorrow yet in your country, but assuming it is, good luck today! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that whatever it is you have it can be cured with hopefully not-so-painful medications..

Here's a good luck kiss for you: sloppy

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Jen,

I'll be thinking about you, praying for you. A spinal tap isn't as bad as it sounds. The dread is so much worse than the actual thing. Keep that in mind. I've had a couple of them with no problem whatsoever, and I'm a big, big chicken when it comes to any sort of medical procedure.

I'm sorry things have been so bad for you! Hang in there and keep us posted.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Good luck with the spinal tap, Jen. Hope the procedure goes well and that the results are good. Sorry to hear about your recent health woes, and I hope they'll come to an end soon. You're in my thoughts and prayers. smile

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Jen! My heart goes out to you (I'm needlephobic - hate them, hate them).

I can feel for you about the whole "I'm only 22" thing. I was diagnosed last year with inflammatory arthritis and I said "But I'm only 28".

I will be thinking about you today. Hope it goes smoothly and please let us know as soon as you find anything out.

<DJ Hugs> sloppy

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
A spinal tap isn't as horrible as it sounds, although it's no piece of cake either. I'll be thinking of you.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Hope everything went well, Jen! Let us know the results when you're able.

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hope your results turn out just fine.

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow what a miserable experience, but thank you all, I felt a lot better going in today. Hopefully everything will be ok. Everything else has been really consistent so far; I'll still have to wait for test results, but they said my fluid looked like it's supposed to. And I have to admit, having forced bedrest and watching movies for the rest of the day sure beat editing type and graphics all day at work hehe! Although I just feel like a slug lol.

Jen

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm so glad it went okay today Jen. Let us know about your results okay?

You got to watch movies all day? Manage to fit in any LNC episodes? wink

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by MetroRhodes:
You got to watch movies all day? Manage to fit in any LNC episodes? wink
Hah, no can do, my VCR is unusually terrible. For right now, I just don't watch the series enough to convince myself to buy the DVDs, so I'm still using my old TNT tapes whenever I want to throw on an episode.

Jen

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad you made it through. smile

Enjoy the rest. Good luck on the tests. Hope they find something simple and treatable that actually explains the problem.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hot diggity, the results are in. I still have papelodema (sp?), which is still the vision thing I can't spell, but my spinal tap is totally normal. To be more specific, I technically have pseudotumor cerebri, which is literally, a false tumor. Papelodema by itself is all the fun of tumor symptoms without the tumor. But if it hadn't been for a mere weekend of morning vision loss, I never would have noticed. So my prescription for Diamox (another sp?) should come in a couple of days, and that'll simply keep the pressure down in my head, which will restore most of my vision and knock those silly headaches out of the way. I'm so glad it's not something more serious, and thank you all! No matter how much I'm here or not here, it's nice to know you guys are here.

Jen

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
dance

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay!

That's great news, Jen!!

I don't think it could possibly have come out better!

So... congrats!!

party

Thanks for letting us know. smile

Paul

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Fantastic and welcome news about the false tumor, Jen. I'm very pleased for you. smile1

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard