Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like the new Dr. Who, also, but I thought they switched to a new Who too soon. It might take some convincing to keep me watching it when the new season comes out. Has it come out in Great Britain yet?

Oh, Caroline, please explain the Office to me. Maybe there's something I'm just not getting. To me the show looks like it's shot with a home video recorder and it's like watching work everyday. I know it just won emmy's, but I just totally don't get it.

Shows that are currently on TV that I watch are Smallville, Survivor, and CSI. I did watch Charmed and hated to see it end. I thought it had another season in it.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Classicalla:
I like the new Dr. Who, also, but I thought they switched to a new Who too soon. It might take some convincing to keep me watching it when the new season comes out. Has it come out in Great Britain yet?
If you mean season 3, then no - there'll be a Christmas special, then they'll probably start the new season in April. The last two seasons began over Easter weekend.

But there's also Torchwood , the Dr. Who spin-off series, which is supposed to be starting some time soon - around Halloween allegedly. Apparently Captain Jack (of Dr. Who season 1) makes it back to the 21st century too late to be reunited with Rose, and hooks up with the alien-fighting organization of the title.

"Torchwood will debut on BBC Three late next year. Created by Russell T Davies it stars John Barrowman as Captain Jack.

"Torchwood will be a dark, clever, wild, sexy, British crime/sci-fi paranoid thriller cop show with a sense of humour - the X Files meets This Life," says Russell T Davies.

"It's a renegade bunch of investigators charged by the British government to find alien technology that has fallen to Earth," BBC Three controller Stuart Murphy told The Independent.

The show will be set in Cardiff, and will be 13 45-minute episodes, transmitting between series of Doctor Who. Confirmed writers include Sapphire and Steel creator PJ Hammond.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
[b] I like the new Dr. Who, also, but I thought they switched to a new Who too soon. It might take some convincing to keep me watching it when the new season comes out. Has it come out in Great Britain yet?
If you mean season 3, then no - there'll be a Christmas special, then they'll probably start the new season in April. The last two seasons began over Easter weekend.[/b]
She might mean season 2 and the change between Nine and Ten. If so, I agree, but as I understand it, it was the actor's choice.

Dave (who wonders if he's the only one not satisfied with just Torchwood in between seasons)

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ohhh. Fun thread! smile

Favourite shows at the moment:
- Doctor Who (yeah, I'm one of the converts)
- Without a Trace
- CSI (all versions, with a soft spot for the NY one)
- Cold Case
- Law and Order (especially SVU) - yes, yes, I have a thing for crime shows
- Gilmore Girls
- The West Wing
- Buffy (S1 to 4 - after that I lost interest, but just thinking of the S2 finale reminds me why I used to adore that show)

Music: basically I love anything with a romantic and catchy tune.

Stuff:
- my cat
- Cinnabons (not for the same reason as the cat!)
- shopping (not for the same reason as the cat or cinnabons!)
- rollercoasters (again, not for the same reason...)
- Tim Horton's donuts
- Indian food
- Mexican food (and drinks wink )
- beer
- wine
- cookie dough ice cream
- cream tea (haven't had one in years - must go back to Chester...)
- coffee
- chocolate bars
- Olive Garden breadsticks
- big macs

Kae smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Season 3 of Dr. Who, eh, Marcus? The last show I saw was the one where Christopher Eggleston (or whomever) turned into the David person and said something about new teeth. I have no idea when or if we will see more episodes.

I also like StarGate (SG Atlantis not as much) and the new Battle Star Galactica.

Kerth
Kerth
Season 3 of Dr. Who, eh, Marcus? The last show I saw was the one where Christopher Eggleston (or whomever) turned into the David person and said something about new teeth. I have no idea when or if we will see more episodes.
There's been a Christmas episode and another series since then - and very good it was too. There are a couple of bad episodes (and annoyingly the first one is one of them) but they bring back some of the great villains of the earlier Dr. Who eras and two of the Doctor's companions from the seventies, and there are some really innovative episodes, such as a love story spanning most of a woman's life and a couple of hours of the Doctor's, an episode told entirely from the viewpoint of a conspiracy theorist trying to solve the mystery of the Doctor, etc. If you can't find it on TV, you might want to look for downloads.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, yes, I'd love to do downloads, but my 'good' computer crashed and seems hopeless. I'm working on an ancient one now. Thank goodness I didn't give it away or I'd have nothing...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard