Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just thought I'd demand the impossible. But anyway....

I was just wondering about what other TV serieses (sp?), books, music and stuff people on the boards like. I'm bored so I thought I'd ask.....

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Well, there's been a rash of Doctor Who converts in the last year. goofy I'm one of them. wink I'm also a huge fan of the Gilmore Girls and Queer as Folk (US).

As far as books... well, fanfic often takes the place of any books I read, but I will still read them - just not as many as when I'm on a fanfic binge. wink I'll admit to liking those "chick lit" books, the ones like In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner and others. My all-time favorite author is Dean Koontz. I'm also a fan of Tami Hoag.

And for music, I like mostly everything that's not heavy metal or rap. wink My favorite genre... well, add me to the small country music fanbase we have on the boards. laugh

Sara (who should *really* not be procrastinating...)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you for your order with Impossible, Inc. At Impossible, Inc., we strive to live up to the standards of our founder, retired government agent Jim Phelps. We pride ourselves on making the impossible merely implausible.

We regret to inform you, however, that your order has been delayed. Due to a malfunction in our refrigeration units, the following item is on back order:

Item #: 31459
Desc: Ice Cream
Quantity: 17

Since you chose to have all items delivered in one shipment, your entire order will now be placed on hold.

To resolve this matter, we have contacted Ray, that guy who lives down the block and is pretty good at fixing appliances and stuff. Ray has assured us that he will come to fix our refrigeration unit "real soon now."

We will contact you again once the unit has been repaired and our stock of refrigerated and frozen items has been refilled.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for using Impossible, Inc.

(This message will self-destruct if opened in Outlook Express.)

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, and I watch Stargate (both shows) and Battlestar Galactica.

And I read mostly Fantasy these days, with a bit of Sci-Fi here and there. Mercedes Lackey, Terry Pratchett, Elizabeth Moon, Robert Jordan, Robin Hobb, and whatever else looks interesting on the library shelves.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love Paul's post goofy Apart from that, many, varied books, by Greek and foreign authors. An author I enjoy very much is Jules Verne. I've read Dan Brown's books, which I found intriguing, and... well, I've read my fair share of books laugh And fanfic, o' course laugh

Music: Pretty much anything, except trance/progressive, rap (though I like Eminem and 50 Cent) and a certain kind of Greek music :p

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Have to say, I love Paul's post and can't top it!

Let's see....as for tv shows, I love both stargates, and battlestar galactica (when is that new bsg season going to start by the way?! huh ) My hubby and I have been following the new scifi show Eureka also...not sure if we're hooked yet or not. We keep trying to decide about it.

As for books, most of my non-fanfic reading revolves around the things I read aloud to my children, which I am trying to expose to good Classics like The Hobbit, The Chronicles of Narnia, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, A Wrinkle in Time, that sort of thing. And loads of historical fiction to go along with whatever time period of history we're studying at the moment.

As for music, I stick mostly with contemporary Christian like Third Day, Kutless, Jeremy Camp. And some Classical and a little bit of Oldies music from time to time.
That's my two pennies.

Marcy

(Elrond's blessing at the departure of the company from Rivendell)

"Farewell, and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.
May the stars shine upon your faces!"
-Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<hijack thread>
Thanks, Anna and Marcy. smile

when is that new bsg season going to start by the way?!
Sometime in October. According to this article , SG-1 and SGA will go on a 6-month break in September. Starting in October, BSG will air 20 eps, taking us into March. The second half of the Stargate season will air shortly thereafter.
</hijack thread>

Forgot to mention earlier: I also like most of R.A. Salvatore's work.

Paul

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As far as tv, I watch some of the prime time shows, NCIS, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, etc. But I love comedy, so shows like Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond will always be my favorites.

I have a few authors I like to read...Michael Crichton, John Grisham, Dan Brown, Agatha Christie, and classics like the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Other than that, I read off recommendations from friends. I just finish a funny memoir book called Bitter is the New Black. Oh, and I love Dave Barry.

Music? Rock n roll. I listen to the classics, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, etc, but if you ask my friends, they'll immediately point out all the alternatives like The Vines, Ok Go, 311, New Found Glory...People say I'm a little weird lol, but I'm an artist, so I get a free pass to weird. Or something like that. Oh, and I can't stand country.

I'm glad you started this thread! I always wonder what other things everyone is into besides fanfic. (Not that you need much else. goofy )

Jen
wink

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ha ha ha! Oh my gosh Paul! That was hilarious!!!

Okay, ahem, CCWB - here are some of my old habits.

TV - CSI (Vegas); LOST; and when I need a good laugh, Scrubs.

Books - Star Wars (not next gen, but all leading up to next gen) Amelia Peabody Mysteries, and of course all the fanfic I have time to read and write.

Music - pretty diverse, all the way from Celine Dion to Metallica. One thing I'm adverse to is old style Country. Can't stand it. Oh that and violent Rap, I can do some hip hop and some of the early 90's rap, sometimes, but not the new stuff.

Fav movies - I'm not sure you asked for that one but...

This one is harder and I'm tired (was up to late last night fiddling with that stupid USB drive) but I know the Princess Bride, Six Days & Seven Nights, Rat Race, and the Italian Job are all up there in my top 25. Along with a few Bond movies, Pirates of the Carribean and Spiderman to name a few others.

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KSaraSara:
<strong> Well, there's been a rash of Doctor Who converts in the last year. razz

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Columnist
Columnist
I watch entirely too much television. I just think it's a facsinating medium. Current shows I watch include: Prison Break, Bones, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, The OC, What About Brian, One Tree Hill, Smallville, Numb3rs, and ER. There's also a few new shows that are premiering this fall that I'm going to try out, plus I sometimes watch old favorites that have been cancelled, like Alias, Dawson's Creek, Everwood, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Friends, and of course, Lois and Clark.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe no one's noticed I didn't put anything down of my own when I started this thread wink lol

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Originally posted by Clark Kent Wannabe:
I can't believe no one's noticed I didn't put anything down of my own when I started this thread wink lol
I assumed that's because you already knew what other tv shows, books, music and stuff you like. wink

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hmm tv series.. I don't really follow anything exept LnC.. just zapping.. like MTV and that kind of stuff.. once had one week a channel called FashionTV (Italian I think?) because it was free try.. liked that one too.. not really feeling like paying for it though.. smile

I loooooooooooooove Orlando Bloom (PotC, LotR, KoH, Elizabethtown)and I intend on meeting him at least once in my life (as I intend on making a puzzle with more than 18000 pieces once in my life... hey, everyone has goals goofy )

I read stuff like Bridget Jones Diary and Elle/Cosmo

I watch those really bad movies with the concept: fall in love, get relationship, break up, find each other again (, possibly marry) if they wear pink clothes, it's alright with me. You get the picture...

As for music... I like 60s/70s but it was already generally known that i'm crazy.

As for computers/internet; a waste too much time on the computer :p I watch my new LnC dvd's on it (yesterday I saw 6 episodes in a row eek )
and I do a lot of Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro/Paint. Sometimes I even play computer games (Age of Mythology > I'm turning into a guy eek or worse, a little boy!) and of course, I can be found on forums like this one smile

Oh yeah, I love chocolate. Especially Toblerone or Milka. Or Nutella, but then without the bread.

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by Selinde:
I loooooooooooooove Orlando Bloom (PotC, LotR, KoH, Elizabethtown)

I watch my new LnC dvd's on it (yesterday I saw 6 episodes in a row

Oh yeah, I love chocolate. Especially Toblerone or Milka. Or Nutella, but then without the bread.
What's KoH? I got Pirates Of The Caribbean and Lord Of The Rings, but I can't work out KoH....

As for 6 episodes of L&C, after I finished downloading season 3 (It's out in America and therefore online first, there's no way I'm waiting until it comes out over here, I've waited ten years for the show to come out over here, lol) I watched 13 episodes in one day. I would have carried on but I needed sleep, lol.

As for chocolate, who doesn't love it? I eat all I can get my hands on....

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Clark Kent Wannabe:

What's KoH? I got Pirates Of The Caribbean and Lord Of The Rings, but I can't work out KoH....

As for 6 episodes of L&C, after I finished downloading season 3 (It's out in America and therefore online first, there's no way I'm waiting until it comes out over here, I've waited ten years for the show to come out over here, lol) I watched 13 episodes in one day. I would have carried on but I needed sleep, lol.

As for chocolate, who doesn't love it? I eat all I can get my hands on....
KoH = Kingdom of Heaven.. :p

Whoow 13??! eek Can't top that one! smile

I eat as many chocolate as possible too.. in the last two weeks I ate 10 (!!!) chocolate bars.. (100 grams each > a kilogram of chocolate!!) and yes, I've gained some weight after that (BMI is 20,5 instead of the 20 that it was before these 2 weeks...)

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Merriwether
Merriwether
dizzy

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Stargate: SG1
Stargate: Atlantis
Eureka

β€œβ€¦with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Of TV series:
Dr. Quinn
Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye
Smallville (till somewhere in 4th season when it *really* went nuts)

Of books:
Tolkien's LOTR
C.S. Lewis (Narnia, Space Trilogy, Till We Have Faces . . .)
Patricia McKillip (especially Riddle-master trilogy, Song for the Basilisk, and The Forgotten Beasts of Eld)
Orson Scott Card (Ender series)
Diane Duane's Young Wizards and Cat Wizards series
Tamora Pierce (particularly the Circle of Magic series)
Mercedes Lackey's Velgarth books (better known as Valdemar books)
S.M. Stirling's Nantucket trilogy

Of music:
Loreena McKennitt
Yanni
Lesiem
Capercaillie
various songs of the Corrs, Michelle Tumes, Magna Canta, Iona, etc.
much more than I could ever write here

That's the major ones I can think of right now. There're heaps more, but . . . yeah, I could be here for days typing up stuff.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't watch much TV these days. I follow Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis. (200th episode of SG-1 tonight, which should be hilarious -- think I saw a clip in the previews of Teal'c and Sam dressed up as D'Argo and Chiana of Farscape goofy but I thought she made some good points. And then there's classics by Georgette Heyer -- I've been re-reading the Talisman Ring. Again.

Music -- some Christian contemporary, but mostly the stuff that was contemporary 15 years ago. The only radio station I'll listen to is modern country. They've got good God-lovin' songs, romance songs, and fall-down funny songs... Alan Jackson's "Talkin' Song Repair Blues" is hilarious. Alas, I'm the only one in my family who likes country (it's a recent conversion) and everybody else kinda stares at me and backs away slowly whenever I bring up the topic. wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard