Hi everyone,

(superman returns spoilers ahead, be forewarned)

I volunteered at Comic-Con on Thursday and Friday, it's a great set-up, if you are willing to give a 3 hour shift, you get in that day for free! Friday I sat in a room for 3 hours because they didn't need us, but I still got to see both Superman presentations - the Warner Bros with Bryan Singer and the Superman through the ages with Noel Neill, both Jimmy Olsens, Non (Jack O'Halloran) and Dick Donner.

Singer showed a gag reel to start things off, it was absolutely hilarious. One of the clips, Richard is supposed to ask Lois about the article she wrote "I spent the night with Superman" and he says it all different ways, X-rated if you get my drift! Then Brandon Routh in the airplane: when he starts to say "I hope this incident has turned anyone off from flying" he says "I hope this incident hasn't turned anyone ON!"

(You had to be there LOL)

I have a ton of pictures which I don't have time to upload right now because I have a wireless internet connection here at the San Diego Marina Inn which keeps fading in and out.

Both rooms were humungous, and nearly filled to capicity. The Convention Center (I measured it) is 1/3 mile LONG ---it's HUGE. Walking from one presentation to the other takes about 15 minutes! There were questions to Singer about X-men, and one teacher asked about the "illegimate child" angle and doesn't that go against who Superman is.

Singer said that Superman loves Lois Lane very deeply, things happen, and that these types of families are part of our culture now (lots of applause for that one). He said that's why it was so important that Richard White be a good guy.

He also explained the glasses on young Clark Kent. He said that he pictured Clark having problems adapting to earth's yellow sun, and him actually needing glasses, until he floats and they fall off and he realizes he doesn't need them anymore. That was supposed to be a parallel to Jason when he throws the piano and then goes to take a hit off of his inhaler and then realizes he doesn't need it anymore.

Richard Donner was so absolutely thrilled that the fans besieged Warners Bros with e-mails requesting they see the original Donner cut of Superman II. It was very cool to see the two cuts - one of the Donner version of Superman II's opening, and then other a Lois Lane trying to prove Clark is Superman scene.

I'm very excited to see the Donner video, and was very excited to hear that Donner and Geoff Johns are going to be collaborating on an upcoming Action Comics@!

I'll try to upload my pics soon and when I have a link, I'll let everyone know.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"