Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#207571 07/13/06 02:07 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I went and brought today a Microsoft Wireless Notebook optical mouse 3000 and it's supposed to work with Widows XP says it on the packageing but it won't work with my Dell notebook a Windows XP box popped up saying it didn't know of this product.

Has anyone else had trouble with a wireless mouse?

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
#207572 07/13/06 05:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sounds like you need to install the mouse software. Checking MS's site, I see that the mouse works with XP but requires additional software in order to function. "Works with XP" in this case means that the mouse software can be installed on XP.

From what the site says, the mouse should have come with a CD. If you have that, use it to install the necessary software.

If you don't have the CD for some reason, you can download the software from MS.

This should be the direct link for it.

If, for some reason, that doesn't work for you...

This is MS's page about the mouse. On the right side of the page, there's a section that says "Downloads." The "How To Guide" will most likely walk you through the steps you need to take to get the thing working. Just below that is the "Download Software" link. Click that, fill out the form (use the pull-down menus to tell it that it's a mouse, which mouse, what OS you're using, and what language you want), and you should be taken to the page from the first link I gave you, where you can download the Intellipoint software.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#207573 07/13/06 10:03 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
HatMan has already explained it to you xD

But I have some problems with my mouse too, and I thoght this would be just the right place to tell my problem laugh

Well, it works and all, but sometimes the receiver stops recieving for a few seconds. It's veeerrry annoying.. Could someone help me plz? Ive already tried to put it on another place in my room etc..

tnx!

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#207574 07/13/06 10:56 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Do you have a cordless phone? If so what band is it on? Some cordless phones are in the same band as some wireless devices.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard