Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#207517 07/07/06 01:52 AM
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks to Superman Returns, there's been a fair amount of specials and debates over Superman's powers in relation to real life. National Geographic Channel had a really good one the other week.

I saw a link on slashdot.org today to an article titled Astrophysics taking off on Superman . It doesn't go into depth too much, but I thought this bit was interesting.

Marti points to a book called "Great Mambo Chicken," which tells of a scientific experiment in which a researcher put several chickens in a centrifuge and raised them in twice-normal gravity for months at a time. When they emerged, the chickens were stronger and had larger bones and muscles, and greater endurance. In other words, they were superchickens.

So, the physicists say, it does work in the real world.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#207518 07/07/06 02:58 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting! cool

they were superchickens.
LOL! rotflol

Andreia laugh

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#207519 07/07/06 06:31 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Haha, yes, it's interesting indeed.

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard