Next Thread
Print Thread
#207059 05/20/06 08:24 AM
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
I've been preparing myself almost a year for this month that is to come...

It's finals time for me. Starting 23 May and on till 3 June, I'm taking the exams for the subjects that will determine my university access grade. Then there's two more weeks until 20 June, when I'll be taking the exams that will allow me to graduate from high school.

The second bunch of exams doesn't worry me all that much (after all, my semester grades guarantee that I'll graduate even if I completely flunk the exams laugh ). It's the first bunch that... well, it doesn't exactly worry me. I want to perform well, sure; but I don't have a particular goal in my mind. I'm still unsure about what I want to do; I've got a few departments in mind but nothing I like better than the others. I still have some time to decide, but I don't think I'll make a final decision; I'll let my access grade decide for me, I think. I won't go thinking 'I want to score *this* high, because I want to get *there*'. I'll just wait to see what I get, and think, 'well, where can I get with this grade?' I have faith in myself and in God; I've done a good job preparing for the exams, and I believe that whatever happens, will be for the best.

Why I'm telling you all that? Well - this is a very important moment for me, and I want to share it with you, because you are a very important part of my life smile Some of you have seen me on IRC with a nick suggesting that I was studying Advanced Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry; it's performance time now!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

P.S.: You expected me to say that you won't be seeing me around much until my finals are finished? Well... I'm not sure I can keep myself away from here wink

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#207060 05/20/06 08:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Best of luck!!!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#207061 05/20/06 08:55 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good luck, Anna. Not that you'll need it. FoLCs are smart - we all know that! laugh So you're bound to ace it! thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#207062 05/20/06 10:05 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, you'll ace them Anna! thumbsup I'm pulling for you! We'll all understand if you have to stay away for awhile...just don't stay away too long (if you do you'll miss the story I just started posting - tee hee laugh ).

Let us know how it goes!!! dance

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#207063 05/20/06 10:43 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Anna,

I'm sure you'll do great! Just do your best and I'm sure you will have a grade high enough to choose anything you want to do.

Best of luck!

malu wave

#207064 05/20/06 02:42 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Good luck, Anna!!! Though, like the others said, you don't need it; you're smart enough without luck. I'm sure you'll do wonderfully!!! smile1

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#207065 05/20/06 07:53 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Some of you have seen me on IRC with a nick suggesting that I was studying Advanced Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry; it's performance time now!
Can't help being curious about what you are actually studying, Anna. All I really know is that you are a language whiz and that you have me in awe of your linguistic abilities. Are you studying advanced maths or physics too? Somehow it wouldn't surprise me!

Like they said, Anna. You are bright, or make that brilliant. Good luck! You'll do fabulously, I'm sure!

Ann

#207066 05/21/06 12:32 AM
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Can't help being curious about what you are actually studying, Anna.
LOL, I should have elaborated on that laugh

I've chosen the Science studies track, which includes Advanced Mathematics, Advanced Physics, Advanced Chemistry and Advanced Biology. Along with Modern Greek/Composition writing and Biology, these are the subjects that will determine my university access grade.

Having chosen these subjects, I have access to all the departments of natural sciences and the Health section, most of the departments in Polytechnical school (Informatics, Engineering, stuff like that) and the open-for-all Pedagoguical studies. The deparments I'm interested in the most are Medicine, Biology and Chemistry (in order of how difficult they are to achieve), but... as you see, I have many options smile

I'm a weird girl with weird tastes. Basically, my favourites subjects in school were the ones language related (English, French, Ancient Greek), Biology and Chemistry laugh But I chose Science studies over Humanitarian studies because they gave me more career options. It hasn't always been easy, but I haven't regretted it smile

Thank you all for your support! smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#207067 05/21/06 02:56 PM
T
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
T
Hi Anna,

Sounds like you're studying some pretty complex subjects and need to concentrate on them for the near future.

Good luck with your finals, Anna. I'm sure that you'll ace them.

#207068 05/22/06 03:10 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmm, Anna, I knew it. Some of us just get all the brains! And in this case, "some of us" is clearly a girl named Anna from Greece!

Best of luck anyway, though I'd say that in your case, skill and smarts will influence your score so much more than dumb luck! thumbsup

Ann

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard