Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#206922 05/04/06 08:41 PM
BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Okay, who else *squeeeeeeeed* at the end like a 13-year-old girl? My shipper heart skipped about three beats. Then I watched it again, quoting it to Paul, word for word. Then I watched it again. laugh

Overall, I thought it was a pretty good episode. Not one of the best ever, but decently watchable, which is saying a lot for Smallville. And I'm completely on board with the Lex/Lana relationship. The birthday party made me sad that Clark doesn't have guy friends though. Pete and Lex used to come to that kind of stuff. frown

~Anna

#206923 05/05/06 12:24 AM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I hated it. Lois knows Clark better than anyone?! That's totally inaccurate for SV - it's just like Lana saying she always knew Clark was the one who could make her happy or whatever. I didn't mind her repeating what Chloe said last week, though - we all want Clark to get over Lana.

#206924 05/05/06 09:33 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hmm. The whole building up of the Zod storyline was amazing but there were so many smaller parts of this episode which I didn't like at all.

Take for example the way, Clark came across as so very stalkerish that even Lois called him up on that. In my opinion Lana was simply the tool to get to Lex/the lab.

Having his deceased father appear to someone must be way to confuse and play a person. I wonder though how Milton Fine/Brainiac knew so much about his father's death and the whole dynamic.

Anna is also undoubtedly right that there's no attachment figure in any form or way which would do Clark good. Devious Lex is someone he tries not constantly meeting him, Lionel is someone he doesn't trust, Pete's been out of the picture for god knows how long, Jonathan is dead .. and then there's his Kryptonian father who no doubt is not a favorite person of Clark's. If I were Clark, I'd go crazy in a world of Martha, Lois, Lana, Chloe and other one or two episode additions to the show wink

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard