Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#206531 03/18/06 09:21 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
goofy I also had "Happy Birthday" sung to me by my friends in three languages. Also, last year this time I wasn't quite so stressed about school because my wonderful, wonderful school, my first choice, granted me early acceptance in January so I wasn't worried about getting into university. Plus I'd dropped calculus. laugh

It hasn't been a great day for me so far. I learned today that one of my high school English teachers, who I really liked, passed away five days ago. frown I was especially sad because he had just retired a year or two ago, and he got sick quite soon after his retirement, which I had no idea about. He was awesome because he never assigned too much work (less work for us=less work for him), he liked using our "kid language" to hilarious effect ("Let's just *chill* today", he'd say), and he really was a good teacher. He was fun and funny, and he never took crap from anyone. He liked my work, which I really appreciated. He also invited me to drop in on his grade 12 class anytime I wanted when I was in grade 11 because he knew I liked some boy there. He wished me good luck on all my endeavours - "academic and otherwise" - in my yearbook. He was aweomse. So rest in peace, Mr. K.

Then at 4AM this morning we were waken up by the fire alarm because some incredibly stupid (and probably drunk and potentially high) people on the 6th floor did goodness-knows-what. I wasn't really awake yet and I wasn't thinking straight - so I stepped out into the blistering cold in my fleece robe and flip flops. It started snowing lightly, which was pretty at first, but I couldn't appreciate it after I lost feeling in my toes. We had to trek to the University Community Centre and wait for an hour and a half before we could go back. While I was sleeping with my head down on a table there, a group of disgustingly racist people were having a really offensive conversation that I unfortunately had to overhear. It just bothers me so much that such attitudes exist in an institution of higher learning. mad Plus I was *right beside* them! I mean, everyone's entitled to an opinion, even rude ones (I think Donatella Versace looks like someone stepped on her face, for example), but when it's potentially offensive (and outright politcally incorrect), they should keep it to themselves, you know? Or at least not discuss it when someone who could be offended is nearby, like I was.

Over the past year, I've learned and done quite a bit. I've graduated from high school, begun attending university, joined my sorority, visited Europe for the second time, started to write my first fanfic... I've learned exactly how well and how not well I can handle myself living away from home (I'm queen of a place called Procrasti Nation goofy ), and I've enjoyed pretending to be self-sufficient and grown-up without having any real responsiblities besides getting decent grades and keeping myself alive, like most collegians.

However, I do feel very responsible and mature for choosing to finish my work instead of celebrating my birthday, which can wait. I mean, I had four parties last year, which stretched well into April, so I can do the same this year.

Okay, the Haagen-Daz is finished, which only means one thing: it's time to get back to work!

Have a good one, everyone, and thanks for reading this if you're still with me! thumbsup

Chriscy smile

#206532 03/18/06 09:54 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Happy Birthday, Chriscy!

I'm sorry it didn't turn out to be the beautiful day it could be, but don't let that put you down.

Good luck with your papers!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

P.S.: Ice-cream rocks smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#206533 03/18/06 10:16 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Happy birthday, Chriscy!! Sorry you can't be out celebrating but think of how much better it will be when you do get to celebrate, with the workload off your chest. wink

Julie smile (who is totally applying to Western next year <g>)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#206534 03/18/06 11:10 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry to hear you're having a sucky birthday, Chriscy, but hope the ice-cream cheered things up a little!

Sad to hear about your teacher. I'm sure he would be delighted that he made such an obvious and positive impression on you though. To be remembered so well is an achievement so few of us manage.

Passing a slap around the ears on behalf of Stuart (hubby/firefighter) to those sixth floor morons! :p

(I'm queen of a place called Procrasti Nation [Goofy] )
laugh

Well, if you're not enjoying yourself on your birthday next best thing is to give someone else a chuckle. laugh

Hope the rest of your day/night goes well!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#206535 03/18/06 01:05 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Awww! Sorry you're having a not so nice birthday, but yay for choosing to be productive. Go you! smile

Hope the rest of your day goes better!!!

And ROTFL rotflol at the Procrasti Nation! laugh

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#206536 03/18/06 03:55 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Happy Birthday!

You're birthday from last year sounds quite exciting.

And don't worry...even if you do feel alone right now, you've got all of us in cyberspace! laugh

#206537 03/18/06 09:42 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Congratulations on your birthday, Chriscy, and I'm sorry that so many bad things happened to you. Hope the rest of the day turned out better, and I hope you'll get to celebrate your birthday for real very soon.

So sad to hear about your teacher. He made a great impression on you, but I'm sure you made a great impression on him, too. Teachers and students meeting one another like that is really what school should be all about.

And here's a second round of slaps for those racist morons from me!

Oh, and like Sara said, Procrasti Nation is just hilarious - and if you are the queen of it, then surely I'm the female Prime Minister there!

Ann

#206538 03/19/06 07:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, the right thing. Boo. Actually I did the right thing(s) for my bday last week...then I let my friends liquor me up at the end of the day so it was a win-win situation. But you can always do something fun another time to celebrate! One of my friends threw a party like a month later because there was so much going on in January. Here's hoping your night perked up! Happy belated!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#206539 03/20/06 03:13 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Happy Belated Birthday Chriscy! Sorry to didn't turn out like you would have liked.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#206540 03/20/06 11:03 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
party Happy Birthday, Chriscy!! party

Make a wish! [Linked Image]

MAF [Linked Image]

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#206541 03/20/06 12:24 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for all the good wishes cheer-ons! Even though my actual birthday wasn't fantastic (huuuge anticlimax compared to last year), I'm really enjoying being 19 because I can use my own ID now, among other things. smile1

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard