Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#206509 03/15/06 07:04 PM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I feel like Responsibility City has to set in, and I was just informed by my best friend that I'm officially old. goofy In any case, I thought I'd crack open a drink and celebrate in a thread since I don't actually have time to celebrate it today LOL! Cheers!

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
22? goofy

Happy birthday! dance

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or me.........

Anyway, you're only as old as you feel....

Which makes me 2598.....

Columnist
Columnist
22????

22 years is how long I've been married!

At 22, you have your whole life ahead of you. When I was 22, I had just started dating my hubby, I had no kids, I had no house, I was working in a completely different field, and I weighed a lot less than I do now.

Enjoy 22! Don't make yourself older than you really are. Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
LOL! 22? I'll have been married 33 years at the end of April!

My husband and I thought it was hysterical when our oldest son went through "mid-life crisis" at 25. At 22 I had just started nursing school, and at 25 I got married. Enjoy your twenties and don't start worrying about the years just yet. I figure I'm old when I can't climb a tree, take a judo fall or sit on the floor comfortably. As it is, my hubby and I are going to Hawaii next month before I take over the care of my 86 year old mother, and I plan on going para-sailing again. And taking a helicopter ride over Kilauea. Believe me, Shadow, age is *all* in the mind.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I remember 22, most miserable time in my life.

Trust me, sooooo many things can change in the next ten years you will look back on this and laugh, or cry. I'm praying for laughter for you. thumbsup

James

β€œβ€¦with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Happy Birthday!

Wow, you all make me feel like my life is over. wink I'm 24, have been married for 5 yrs this summer and have 10 month of son. Everyone here was either free or miserable in their 20s. I am having a great time so far. Hope you enjoy it too.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Happy Birthday, Shadow! I'm 50 years older than you, so I'll make a wish for you.

In the next 50 years, I wish you'll gain the wisdom to know that responsibility is not really a drag. It means being your own boss, making descisions for yourself, recognizing the good and the bad, and learning from the fallout. It means discovering that caring for someone else and putting their needs first is much more satisfying than always thinking of yourself. It means living every day of your life to the fullest, rejoicing in the good times and enduring the bad; turning the best into sweet memories and making lemonade of the worst. It means making mistakes, overcoming them, learning from them, and leaving them behind. It means being able to laugh at yourself and your fears while you pursue your dreams. Responsibility means living your life in ways that make you feel good about yourself and your world.

If all that seems a bit heavy, then put on some great music and dance your cares away.

Don't just have a happy birthday, have a happy life!

dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
September 1 is my 44th wedding anniversary. You have a lot of fun (and work) ahead of you! Remember to enjoy it as you go and remember the times (good andbad) that you've had.
I've just officially started Medicare. (Don't get me started on Part D!) DO start funding your retirement early!
I had my first child when I was 22!
thud
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Happy 22! Enjoy all your years and please don't worry about the passage of time. There's no such thing as officially old.

I'm 40, and I feel ageless.

Jude, your post really was something special!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Well, I'm not 22 yet, but I'm going to be legally an adult (aka. 18) in exactly 2 months from today and this is giving me some mixed feelings... (LOL)

All I can say is... enjoy life! And may we have you around for a long time yet smile

Happy Birthday!
See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Happy belated birthday, Shadow!!! Hope it was a good one! laugh

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Blogger
Blogger
My husband and I thought it was hysterical when our oldest son went through "mid-life crisis" at 25.
Hrmm...I dont remember that....

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
It isn't fun growing old huh? :p I just turned 22 last November and the jokes just pour in 21 is a milestone but 22? Nope your stuck in this limbo and believe me being one of the oldest of my high school friends I always got jokes of being 'ancient' by the time I was 16 or 17!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sorry I missed your birthday, Shadow. Happy very belated birthday, anyway! party

Oh, and are you old? Shadow, I'll be 51 next time. I'll say no more about what that makes you in my eyes! (Hey, that was a compliment, OK?) wink

Ann

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard