Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#206242 02/09/06 05:07 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
HA!

Now that I have lured you all here with the tastey temptation of Cheese, I can now talk about anything I please!!

Okay, maybe not anything. I doubt yall would stay awake long enough if I continue to babble on aout just anything..

Anyhoo, new to the board and fandom community, but not the show. Hmm. I'd just gotten back from Japan (my daddy was a contractor for the US after he got out of the Army laugh ) when the second season came on and it ended just before I went to Highschool (GASP I'm a youngin!!).

You know, people use this show as an excuse for why two leads shouldn't be put together, but I liked it! (Of course I'm a big ol' sap when it comes to Shippy Fluffy Goodness...)

Tralala. What else?

Oooo! I got the first two seasons on DVD (but I LOST the disc with Pheremone My Lovely!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo)
but I need to get my paws on the last two seasons. (Hmmmm. The looks like a job for (!!) Downloady Places? (Any of yall know a good place for that?)

Things To Do:
Dorky Music Video Making!
Scary Fanfic Writing!

Okay, for those of you still with me, thanks for reading. laugh And to summarize this post: Howdy!

-CB

PS Have I tempted some unknown (to me at least) Flogging Fates by posting this here?

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#206243 02/09/06 06:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome. smile

Nope. No flogging here. Unless you do something incredibly dangerous like withhold fic. Then you might see a few of these guys... wildguy wildguy wildguy Possibly a bit of flogging, too. [Linked Image]

Otherwise, we tend to be a very friendly community.

Of course, if, at any point, you do want to test our babble tolerance, the OT section is the right place. wink

I should mention, however, that vid making is not in any way considered "dorky" here.

As for downloading, WinMX and BitTorrent are probably a good place to start. If you need more help, ask in L&C or How-To.

BTW, age range around here is pretty wide. You're by no means our youngest poster.

Anyway, welcome again. Hope this helps get you oriented. Have fun. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#206244 02/09/06 07:07 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Fresh meat!!! wave

And another Arizonan!! Army, eh? Does this mean you're in Fort Huachuca? For some reason... I only know the AFB's in AZ... huh I'm in Tucson. smile

Welcome to the boards!!! mecry </i>

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#206245 02/09/06 08:42 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KSaraSara:
And another Arizonan!! Army, eh? Does this mean you're in Fort Huachuca? For some reason... I only know the AFB's in AZ... whinging (Actually they're better of fearing meeeeee!)

shock Fresh meat?? EEK!

*runsandhides*

And YAAAAAAY!!! I'm glad video making isn't considered dorky around here. However, I only have experience in the Farscape Community as far as those go, but Clark's been egging me on with all these pwetty songs! (Of course most I found on the Smallville soundtrack, so chances are good they've been done to death! Waaah!) As for Fanfic, I'm afraid to unleash my inner muse just yet. I fear I may permanently scar some young minds. devil

PS, I have a block of Colby Cheese in the hotel's fridge. If you want it, come get it before I eat it AAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!! Muahahaaaa!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
#206246 02/09/06 11:24 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Welcome to the boards, Catherine! smile1

Tricia cool

#206247 02/10/06 12:21 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Welcome!

I'm glad video making isn't considered dorky around here. However, I only have experience in the Farscape Community as far as those go
Hey, another Farscape fan! laugh I've been out of the loop for a little bit - since the end of season 4 and all the campaigning for a 5th - but I found the mini-series in Vietnam for $2 (it never aired on TV here) and so now I'm rediscovering my love for it again, watching old tapes, looking through photos from gatherings etc. Did you ever go to any of the conventions and/or get to meet any of the cast/crew?

Life is short - wear cute shoes.
#206248 02/10/06 01:03 AM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Hey, Catherine! Welcome to the wonderful world of FoLCdom. smile

Feel free to let your muse run wild. Fics, vids, cheese sculptures... anything you like. You'll find FoLCs can be very accomodating. <g>

Oh, and don't worry about being a youngin', you're a whole 2 years older than I am. <g>

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#206249 02/10/06 09:52 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
And five years older than me <G>

Welcome, and have fun!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. dance

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#206250 02/10/06 10:07 AM
Kerth
Kerth
<MontyPython>

Customer: Have you in fact got any cheese here at all.

Wenslydale: Yes,sir.

Customer: Really?

(pause) Wenslydale: No. Not really, sir.

Customer: You haven't.

Wenslydale: Nosir. Not a scrap. I was deliberately wasting your time,sir.

Customer: Well I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to shoot you.

Wenslydale: Right-0, sir.

The customer takes out a gun and shoots the owner.

Customer: What a *senseless* waste of human life.

</MontyPython>

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#206251 02/10/06 10:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Howdy, right back atcha! smile

Vid-making and fanfic-writing is highly encouraged around here.

Where are your Farscape vids, btw? I was a John/Aeryn shipper until they killed me with the "get 'em together/tear 'em apart" schtick. I think it was either the time when they were stuck on a planet for ninety years and Aeryn still hadn't told him she liked him, or possibly when she'd decided that she did like him, but he was taking drugs so he didn't care anymore. To my way of thinking, it's just as hazardous to a TV show if they *never* get the leads together, or never let them stay that way.

I don't know if anyone's done vids to Smallville songs with L&C graphics... could be interesting! Same names, waaaaaaay different universe.

Anyway, welcome to the nuthouse smile I have a feeling you'll fit right in wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#206252 02/25/06 10:28 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Yeehaw!

Okay, so I've sadly been without the net, then I got it back, and now I am settled (mostly) into my new home on Fort Huachuca! Anyhoo, I just thought I would reply with thanks for the warm welcome!

I admit, I usually don't try to get involved with fandoms because usually they are Very Scary Places indeed (I was a notorious Lurker at Alias BBs, but I got scared), but this place seems friendlier than your average place laugh

And ooo! I have managed to download several episodes from seasons three and four! Only missing a few now, and soon my collection shall be complete! (insert evil laughter here)

Originally posted by ChiefPam:
Howdy, right back atcha! smile

Vid-making and fanfic-writing is highly encouraged around here.

Where are your Farscape vids, btw? I was a John/Aeryn shipper until they killed me with the "get 'em together/tear 'em apart" schtick. I think it was either the time when they were stuck on a planet for ninety years and Aeryn still hadn't told him she liked him, or possibly when she'd decided that she did like him, but he was taking drugs so he didn't care anymore. To my way of thinking, it's just as hazardous to a TV show if they *never* get the leads together, or never let them stay that way.

I don't know if anyone's done vids to Smallville songs with L&C graphics... could be interesting! Same names, waaaaaaay different universe.

Anyway, welcome to the nuthouse smile I have a feeling you'll fit right in wink

PJ
Weee! I like fitting in! laugh

Anyhoo, I only got into Farscape after it had ended (waaaaaah!). The leads DID get together, but it was very rocky and crazy and omigosh insane. It was great, though! I can get a year's supply of angst in a good five minutes of a couple of episodes. And yeah. Season four with the drugs? Gah! I wanted to strangle them all! Gah! Drugs! Stoopid!

As for my vids (which hey! mostly J/A ship yay!) here 's a link to the page they're all on, if you're interested.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard