Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#206191 02/03/06 03:54 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Our precious, beautiful, incredibly cute, darling 7 month old is slowly killing us with sleep deprivation!! dizzy

Anyway, I am willing to listen to what is suggested.

thud James thud

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#206192 02/03/06 08:36 AM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Keep in mind that I have no children of my own. Everything I know is from babysitting and observing my 5 under 3-year-old cousins.

I know you said you tried drugs, but there's this gel that you can rub onto the gums of a teething child that will numb the pain and help them sleep. I'll have to ask my aunt what the name of it is, but I've used it on some of my cousins when they've spent the night.

Also... does he/she still have night feeds? One option, as cruel as it may sound, is to let her cry him/herself back to sleep. After several nights they'll stop waking up. I wouldn't suggest it if you have other children, but it usually works.

Short of that, have you thought about trying a sleep clinic?

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#206193 02/04/06 01:37 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Just a few suggestions, hope at least one of them helps:

A gentle massage on the gums can help, the pressure can ease the pain.

Giving your baby a wet washcloth or something cool to chew on can ease some pain. Ice chips are a possibility, too.

Hand over your pinkie finger as a chew toy (fingernail facing down), and try some distractions...act as silly as you can and put on a performamce for your child.

Cool drinks or cool (not frozen) food like yoghurt or unsweetened apple puree or other baby foods could help.

Good luck!

Life is short - wear cute shoes.
#206194 02/04/06 03:42 PM
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Good luck getting through this tough time.

Cuddles and cosleeping are what I suggest. Poor all of you!

And a vote against crying it out.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
#206195 02/04/06 04:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

I don't know if this will help.

I use this with my son.

1. "Humphreys #3" - Teething/Infants is a homeopathic

2. Does "rubber toy" that you put in the freezer so they can scrash their gums.

3. "Baby Orajel" - there are several type for babies.

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#206196 02/05/06 04:18 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
If you've already tried teething gel and cold teething rings\cloths, I would suggest Tylenol. Not only is it a good pain reliever but it usually helps my 8 month old sleep the night.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#206197 02/05/06 05:50 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't have any kids and probably won't for at least another ten years (although I'll have some for sure!), but this idea came from some fanfics I've read, although I'm not sure if it's such a good idea - using alcohol.

I can't remember which stories or even if they're L&C stories, but in one story, the parent/guardian dunked the baby's pacifier in an alcoholic drink, gave it to the baby and the child supposedly calmed down right away. In another story, the parent/whoever dipped his/her finger in alcohol and massaged the baby's gums, and it supposedly worked well too.

Not sure how safe this is, but it's a suggestion I came across. If this is really bad idea for babies, please ignore!

Chriscy

#206198 02/06/06 12:52 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I don't have any kids and probably won't for at least another ten years (although I'll have some for sure!), but this idea came from some fanfics I've read, although I'm not sure if it's such a good idea - using alcohol.
This is a very old method, and as far as I know is no longer used. Once scientists actually started looking into this method they found it was very unsafe for the child.

Life is short - wear cute shoes.
#206199 02/06/06 04:27 AM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Leave the kid on a church doorstep.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#206200 02/07/06 02:44 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is a very old method, and as far as I know is no longer used. Once scientists actually started looking into this method they found it was very unsafe for the child.
Ah! Ok, won't be using this on any of my kids then. goofy

#206201 02/07/06 06:58 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
If the problem is teething, it will go away in a few days. Of course, it keeps coming back until all the teeth are in, as you probably know from your other kids <g>.

It sounds like this baby is more sensitive to stimuli than your average baby. I'd say, try not to let her sleep past about 4 or 5 in the afternoon, so she's tired, make sure she has a full tummy, a clean diaper, is dressed in a warm (but not too warm) sleeper, and (again, if the problem is teething) give her a dose of Tylenol just before you put her to bed. Make sure she's in a quiet environment. One of those recordings of Mom's heartbeats can't hurt, either. And grit your teeth. If nothing works, comfort yourself with the thought that this too shall pass. <g>

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard