Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
oh my oh my oh my whinging mad mecry mecry mecry

i'm really crying here be back

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Me too! it just brought all this stuff up for me. I remember that pain of loss! I couldn't stop bawling for a few minutes. My husband had to come over and comfort me. I am still kind of on the verge of losing it. Crap! some good acting there on the part of the more seasoned actors. It really got to me. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
laura we are crying together here
cause i really thought it was lana not his dad mecry mecry mecry mecry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
.. have to admit, that I was drawing the wrong conclusions from the trailer and previews. The photos of a lifeless Jonathan in the Fortress Of Solitude were obviously a fake or were from a scene not aired on TV.

Regardless, there are some good scenes and facts in this episode. I'm happy that finally the bond between Clark and Lana seems to be broken a bit more than usual. Now the way is free for Lex/Lana - not that I'm overly fond of this couple but anything is better than Lana being Clark's cheerleader.

I'm going to miss Jonathan but I'm also looking forward to what is going to happen from now on. There's no "man of the house" anymore looking after Clark and what does his death mean for the Senator election and their farm?

The thing is, it doesn't matter much who died, Clark's current situation is still a bit awkward. He only goes to Chloe when he has a problem and then their scenes are limited to a Daily Planet newsroom, a very weak display of a one-sided friendship. There never has been much interaction between Lois and him and with the rumors of her moving back to Metropolis, that won't be an issue either. Lana's getting closer to Lex all the time and how awkward would that be, still having her in the picture if she can't even stay at a celebration party for Jonathan Kent?

So what I'm trying to say is that the Smallville writers have reached an impasse. All of Clark's friends are either enemies now, have long ago moved away or died or he presently only has a weak bond with them. Where does one grieving Clark go from here? I simply cannot imagine millions of people all over the world being interested in a Martha/Clark cryfest :rolleyes:

Features Writer
Features Writer
I completely lost it during the last 10 minutes of the show. I hadn't cried that bad during a show in a long time. The scenes between Marth and Clark were just heartbreaking! mecry I kept thinking about it even after I went to bed.

The rest of the episode had me confused, relieved, and mad all at the same time.

Two words: emotional rollercoaster!

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
so true loislane so true smile

Columnist
Columnist
I really wanted it to be Lana who died. But ultimately I guess this is better in the sense that his love for Lana is going to die instead of going into perpetual grief. Will miss Jonathan.

Hate what it looks like they are going to take as the new story line. Clark going into crazed criminal mode again. Hopefully he doesn't actually commit murder - looks like he is thinking about it in the previews for next week.

Update about the show in general. Heard on TV that WB and UPN are merging. So they are in the process of deciding from each network which shows will continue. So they could end the show without having Clark become Superman etc.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by kmar:
Update about the show in general. Heard on TV that WB and UPN are merging. So they are in the process of deciding from each network which shows will continue. So they could end the show without having Clark become Superman etc.
Hm, I've read an article on CNN.com regarding this merge, it seems confirmed that Smallville is definitely going to get a 6th season.

Here's the link: \'Gilmore Girls\' meet \'Smackdown\...S-Warner venture beginning in September.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard