Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Okay, I don't think I've ever written a TOGoM rewrite fic so I thought I'd give it a try wink

I got this little idea in my head yesterday, so I decided to blow off cleaning the den and write this instead.

And comments can be placed in this little folder.

Tank (who wonders if anyone else has ever written a TOGoM based story)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whee! Perry fic! TOGOM fic! Tank fic! goofy And nice little nod to the Silver Age with the costume, too. Wonderful revelation and conversation. Loved how you got the word "lunkhead" in there. huh rotflol

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
How in the world do you guys count these TOGoM rewrites anyway? huh Like Lois being gunned down right after successfully resurrecting Clark? Or Superman being one second too late from saving the Daily Planet party from being machine gunned by Capone's gang?

Roger (mystified by yet another happy ending by Tank wink )

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Kerth
Kerth
It's impressive how writers come with another twist to TOGoM smile

Good vignette Tank! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
This was a brilliant TOGOM rewrite - just how it should have happened (contented sigh laugh )
Keep this up and 'tank ending' will come to mean 'the warm and fuzzy post-fanfic feeling experienced by the reader when the characters realise their deeper feelings and everything works out ok' :p

Keep up the good work!
HC wave

Merriwether
Merriwether
twins <waffy sigh> I knew Tank was really a softy at heart... laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, superb, Tank! How you guys continue to find so many original twists on one episode amazes me. Perry's interference was masterful and Superman's dilemma expertly detailed.

He took another deep breath. "I'll give you till tomorrow's start of a new work day to tell her the truth. If you don't... I will." Perry didn't wait for an answer. He just turned and walked away from the stunned Man of Steel.
Oooooooh. Go, Perry! <g>

"I don't understand," she said. "Are you saying that you were wearing Superman's shirt and that stopped the bullets? Is it the costume that makes him invulnerable?"
I just loved this. And, of course, it's so rational and logical from Lois's perspective.

But first and foremost I'm still so glad that you're not dead that I can let all the baggage of the past year slide - for now. Believe me, there will be a reckoning for that, but not right now."
LOL. Typically Lois.

"Dammit, you lunkhead, why do you think I've been tearing myself apart these last couple of days. I've finally been able to admit to myself that it's Clark Kent who I want. That it's Clark Kent who I need. It's Clark Kent... who I love."
Okay, huge lump in throat now. goofy

LabRat smile (making sure this one goes in her Kerth folder)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was great Tank. I still cannot get over how many T.O.G.o.M. re-writes there are out there and yet how different they all are!

Loved that Perry was the one to give Clark a kicj up the backside! laugh

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank

A great TOGOM rewrite! Very original! goofy

Thanks for sharing this excellent story.

Tricia cool

Columnist
Columnist
Oh god, Tank... :::sniffle:::

That was just too sweet for words - and I love that Perry had it figured out and told him what for!

Hurry up and give us another smile

Melisma (insatiable here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Features Writer
Features Writer
Tank, I loved it. Another wonderful TOGOM variation. Keep writing them like this, and we'll have 2000 of them, and I'll read every one.

A great idea to have Perry confront Superman like that. There aren't a lot of fics where it is a certainty that Perry knows, and this *revelation* was a real delight.

"I don't understand," she said. "Are you saying that you were wearing Superman's shirt and that stopped the bullets? Is it the costume that makes him invulnerable?"
And this was wonderful as well. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, it's a very logical conclusion for Lois to come to.

And the end, with Lois coming up with the answer (as I think has happened once or twice before in other Tank fics smile ) and a perfect conclusion. Just lovely.

But here's where my confusion comes in. Tank has recently unretired, and the two stories he has posted in this folder are waffy TOGOM vignettes. No Whams. Not even a hint of any.

Maybe this isn't Tank. Maybe this is alt-Tank. wink

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonderful,Tank!!

Great idea that Perry would be the one to push Clark into telling Lois he was alive.

I loved that Clark decided to approach her as Clark instead of Superman.

Very waffy and well done!! thumbsup

Missy (who is happy that Tank is out of retirement so that he can write more versions of TOGoM rewrites hyper )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
**Happy sigh**

I swear, as long as people keep coming up with original thoughts on TOGOM, I'll never get tired of reading them!

Jen
(who should eventually *start* a Kerth list instead of digging through the Archive at the start every new year)

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't know, Tank, for your first TOGoM re-write, this one was pretty darn good wink

I loved how Perry let Clark in on the fact that he *knew*, but also knew how important it was that Clark keep his secret. Nice to see Perry give Clark that little extra incentive at the end, as well -- 'if you don't tell her, I will' [g]

Very nicely done! So what's next for you, hmm? smile

Tracey smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm coming in so late here that everyone else has already said what I wanted to say! eek But I'll say some of it anyway. <g>

Great to see a TOGOM story here! Gee, I really wonder why no-one's taken the opportunity to build on this premise before now? smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Quoting from KathyM:

Maybe this isn't Tank. Maybe this is alt-Tank.
Maybe he's really an anti-Tank? (runs from all the rotten tomatoes, but I couldn't resist a bit of military lingo there peep )

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I, too, loved Perry's shove -- it made so much sense given his discussion with Lois before.

Great!!!

Barb.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. drool He will never let Lois with out a good hair cut.

Love it. thumbsup thumbsup

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow Tank what a great idea. I loved Perry in this. Great job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She raked her hands through her lank, dirty hair.
Does this mean her hair was long and thin? That what my dictionary said?
Lank means limp and lifeless, Maria, no bounce. Lank hair in this context is hair that hasn't been washed for three days <g>.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard