Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Kerth
OP Online Content
Kerth
C
Just wanted to tell you guys to have a happy new year and I also got to wondering what your new years resolutions are.

Mine? I will stop procrastinating

I will find my muse and write a fanfic based on Lois and Clark

and my last one: I will stop myself from locking heads with people I've learnt the hard way that it really gets me in trouble!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Happy New Year everyone! Hmmm...I haven't thought about a New Years resolution yet.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
mine? never put the wrong year in at work when I'm uploading notes to the medical record. the extended care providers are learning if they can't find their january notes, they should look in last year's january notes. laugh

and...... *sigh*.....to....hm.... i really, really, really shouldn't be saying this, but... to finish the monster fic i've been working on for, oh, 10 years. (not straight, though---just for a two or so years about 10 yrs ago, and now again for the past two years).

may everyone's new year be as fun and rewarding as the second half of this last year was for me! (which is pretty darned good!) and may mine continue to be as good. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Happy new year!

My resolution is to definitely work out more.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Happy New Year!

I'm normally not huge on new year's resolutions because I tend to stick better to the ones I make when I'm inspired to throughout the year. That said, there's always things I want to improve on, so tentatively, my list is this:

-be a better student (do readings regularly and do assignments well before they're due)
-sleep earlier (ha!)
-develop better eating habits and exercise regularly (HA!!!)
-be more patient, especially with my mother
-help develop the social aspect of my sorority and maybe help with Spring Rush, if they have it
-figure out a way to purchase all the things I want with my non-existent budget
-make more friends
-contact old friends more often

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, Happy New Year to all!

Me, hmmm:

- Loose weight, tone and get my awesome muscles of the last decade BACK!

- Get into making videos again. (non-LnC stuff)

- Read

- Jump out of accounting and try and get into HR.

- Be happy. Help my hubby be happy.

- Not spend as much money on stupid stuff.

- Try and not be shy and go and see my friends and go out on my own. Hubby made me a car person and I don't drive.

- Hmmm, maybe try and drive again. I have only driven a handle full of times since I earned by license in 1993. Good grief. I'm afraid of other drivers.

- I could go on and on.

- Learn stuff and be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I should probably get in on those excercise resolutions. I still have some pregnancy pounds to get rid of and my son is 7 months old. They says if you don't lose if by 1 year, chances are you won't lose it at all. So, I've got 5 months to get back into shape.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Features Writer
Features Writer
let's see
get my d.l.

lose five more pounds

love my bad kids lol

and buy season two of lnc

and also my fouth kid my husband laugh

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Kerth
Kerth
I still have some pregnancy pounds to get rid of and my son is 7 months old. They says if you don't lose if by 1 year, chances are you won't lose it at all.
Hmmm...should I admit this? Okay, maybe it will inspire some people. I gained 28 pounds when I was pregnant (not bad). He only weighed six pounds of that. When my son turned two years old, I still had 20 of those pounds on me. frown I started trying to lose weight on my own (because those birthday pictures embarrased me!), and in the next three months, I lost 10 pounds. Then I decided to try Weight Watchers in September (my friend had just finished losing 50 pounds with them!). As of today, I've lost another 20 pounds. smile I have 10 more pounds to lose before I'm at my wedding weight (from 8 1/2 years ago!), and will probably try and lose ten more after that, which will put me into a good weight for my 5'4" height.

So all of you with new lose weight / more exercise resolutions, it can be done! Good luck to you all! thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Merriwether
Merriwether
Awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!! party

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm. I don't do real resolutions (see current sig), but I guess I won't get into the whole bit about why.

OTOH, they are interesting to read about. And, since no one's posted the link yet...

How did you guys do with last year\'s resolutions ?

Paul, who has also lost about 20 pounds in the last year smile

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Last year, I said:

- Even better grades! (I'm an insatiable perfectionist, as it seems *shrug*)
I finished 2004-2005 school year with a 19,6 out of 20 - second best in the school.
This school year (2005-2006) seems to be going fine so far. (Except for Advanced Mathematics - but I was having trouble last year too and it didn't prevent me from excelling in the final exam, so I'll be an optimist.)

- Finish The Walls Between Us (again).
I finished it and posted it, but it turned out a horrible story. It needs major editing I don't have the courage or the inspiration to do, so I'll let it rot... err... rest in my hard disk for now.

My new year's resolutions are:

- Finish some of my Harry Potter fic amd post it.

(- I'd say work out more after I finish school, but somehow I know I'm not going to do that.)

There's another thing, though, one that is probably going to affect my entire future and doesn't really depend on me.

This year is my last year at school. In June, I'll take the finals and, depending on how I score, I'll get into a university to study something. (Or not, if my scores are too low.)

The thing is, I don't have a motivation. I still haven't decided what I really want to study, what career I really want to follow, or, in general, what I want to do in my life. So I have nothing to make me focus on my studies. Even just the pleasure of getting top grades isn't enough motive anymore. Been there, done that (for the past 11 years, no less); it's not a challenge anymore.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I want a motivation. As things are now, I'm doing generally well at school while being under almost no stress at all. If finding my motivation means I'll get all stressed, I don't want to find it.

So... I will make no resolution as in 'Get into university' or 'Get top marks again' or even 'Find out what it is I really want to do and pursue it'. I will only go on with my life and wish for the best.

Happy New Year and I wish good luck to everyone with your resolutions smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How did you guys do with last year's resolutions?
rotflol
Oh dear.

Well, I did get a better job...sort of. We're cutting back on hours now that the holidays are over, so I'm screwed, but hopefully for not too long.

I actually went to the gym more. That kind of flopped when I switched jobs, but the stockroom also functions as my personal weight-loss center.

I think I've actually gotten messier, if that's possible.

Annnd I suck at the GRE. Thank God I don't have to take it anymore. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So all of you with new lose weight / more exercise resolutions, it can be done! Good luck to you all!
Good for you, Susan! Keep it up! smile

But oh dear. This brings about something I didn't want to mention before for fear of jinxing it, but I actually want to lose weight too (hence the eat-better-exercise-more thing). I want to lose about 50 pounds (it'll make a world of difference because I'm petite in stature too)...but I just love my food and hate to exercise (except partying!). We'll see, we'll see. Like I said somewhere else though, I've been a total sloth, gorging myself on cookies and chocolates and sleeping a ton but I've actually lost a dress size this holiday, so maybe I have luck on my side. :p

I still haven't decided what I really want to study, what career I really want to follow, or, in general, what I want to do in my life. So I have nothing to make me focus on my studies.
Y'know what? It's perfectly ok to not have any idea what you want to do with your life, so don't let that stop you from doing your best. The thing is, in many cases, undergraduate degrees don't have a lot to do with what a person's career will be (unless if they're going into something really specialized right off the bat, like medicine). That's what post-grad's for! In fact, my aunt got her degree in hospitality, decided it wasn't for her, got her MBA and now she's in accounting! Similar thing happened to a couple of my high school teachers. And in Career Studies class, a mandatory grade 10 course here in Ontario, Canada, we were told some statistic that most people change professions at least once in their life anyway. So don't be intimidated by the whole future thing and think that what you decide has to be what you're stuck with forever. I wish someone had told me that earlier; I had to struggle with that too and I was feeling a lot of pressure.

Instead, I'd suggest that you focus on and study whatever you like best or whatever you're best at; might as well have fun, right? And as someone who's just made the transition from high school to university, I'd say that it might not be the best idea to take a break like a lot of people do between high school and univeristy because when you're fresh out of high school, you're still in what I call "school mode" and you still have the drive to be educated. I find that once people get out of school, they lose that drive and they don't feel like learning anymore and they don't try their best.

My two cents. Good luck and don't forget to have fun! smile

C
Kerth
OP Online Content
Kerth
C
Congratulations to all those who lost weight! I lost heaps since I start university four years ago (the Sydney University campus is really big), but when people see me they think I did some serious dieting which I didn't because I have about the smallest appetite of my friends. No I get really ill which stuffed my whole body (curse those antibiotics good for killing my infection, but bad for the body in general). Granted I could probably lose a bit more but I am quite tall by Asian standards so probaby not a good idea one of my best friends thinks I'm malnourished because I eat so little.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Kaylle's New Year's Resolution: Leave more feedback. She reads things and adores them but is either too shy or too busy to tell the author so. This year she is going to be braver and procrastinate more. So if you get an email from her out of the blue, this is why. wink

And, to finish something. laugh

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard