Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Poussin Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
P
The teaser trailer of Superman Returns is on line.
You can see it here:
http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com

Enjoy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for the link, I'd have missed this teaser if not for this post!

There's unfortunately not much new 'there' as I've already seen a few photos from the actors. Kate Bosworth will probably disappoint me and Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor .. phew, I wonder if he's up to the task.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I saw it on TV last night; they showed it near the end of Smallville. Kelley liked all the stuff from the first movie, but it was all kind of non-specific and... non-teasing to me. Another version of Superman. yawn. What's so special about this one?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Um...did I miss something? This could have been a teaser for the first CR movie! Feels like cheating somehow!

Nope, not much here that would inspire me to check it out, I'm afraid. They'll need to do better than this if they want to convince me there's something special about this version that I absolutely have to see it.

How odd that a teaser for a new movie just looks so...been there, done that, haven't we seen this already? They need a new PR company, if you ask me!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I gotta share... IGN.com used the headline: "Superman Returns Trailer"

Best of the Web commented: "It's about time that mooch gave it back!"

rotflol

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It'll probably connect after I leave for work goofy , but I have a feeling it's the same trailer I saw in the previews before Harry Potter last night. I'm looking forward to the movie, but the preview was not that interesting. There wasn't a good look at anyone besides Superman, and I don't even recall anyone speaking besides the preview narrator. Of course it was midnight last night so I could be mistaken...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I wonder if they'll have a better Superman trailer during the Harry Potter movie?

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Saw a trailer during the HP film last night... boring. razz Good special effects on the flying, sure, but there was nothing new there. Nothing to tell me why I shouldn't think this is just yet another re-telling of the Superman story like we've seen lots of times before. No Clark. And we got Jor-El sounding like he's some sort of god, sending his Only Son to Earth to save the poor sinners who know not what they do. :rolleyes:

Yawn. They need to do better if they want to get me there.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And we got Jor-El sounding like he's some sort of god, sending his Only Son to Earth to save the poor sinners who know not what they do.
And isn't that from Superman: The Movie with CR anyway? If this is the 'they can be good people, if they just had proper guidance' line?

Funnily enough, when I heard it in the original movie I didn't think twice about it. But, now, couldn't agree more, Wendy - tad arrogant. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yep, that's the line. They're reusing old Brando stuff to "resurrect" him for the movie. And it does sound extremely arrogant.

I saw the trailer on Smallville. I thought I'd missed some of it, since a friend gave me a heads up when it came on (don't watch the show at all). But I found out I'd seen it all in front of HP. Neither showing really inspired me.

Nope. I liked the trailer for Happy Feet much better than SR. And Monster House. And the Shaggy Dog. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Merriwether
Merriwether
I was waiting to see the trailer, my first non-web lookie, when I got see HP on Thursday. I saw this thread and I had to take a look. I was not impressed. I too found an air of godliness I did not take to. Maybe other trailers will take another angle. I'm curious to see what take they do on 'their' Superman/CK, but so far I'm a little leary from what I've seen.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard