Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
No more Smallville for two weeks it seems. But that isn't necessarily such a bad thing, considering what was happening in 'Solitude'.

All those little Chloe/Lois scenes were a great addition to yesterday's episode and it really helped to shift the focus a bit from the Clark/Prof. Fine plot. While I really liked both of them in the past, those plot left me disappointed. Prof. Fine tricking Clark into destroying his fortress of solitude was clever but then simply turning his back on him with only a piece of Kryptonite on his chest? And here I thought some artificial intelligence would be much more clever :rolleyes:
But was this the whole showdown with 'the Brainiac'? I haven't read the comics but if that's it, the Smallville producers did a poor job of translating it into their show. Not even James Marsters could save that!

What I haven't mentioned yet is the part around Martha's disease and what her death could have meant for Clark. In my opinion her cheat with him on her deathbed was a waste as she's living on anyway. I'm actually pretty glad that it turned out this way, as the idea of Clark only relying on Jonathan as a parent would do little good on him. Jonathan is a very impulsive and prejudiced person and he apparently shows no hesitation in teaching Clark the same values and manners. There always was a voice of reason in form of Martha, that's what the show has needed in the past 5 seasons and I don't want to imagine what would happen if that changed.

A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Originally posted by Bettina Baumann:
But was this the whole showdown with 'the Brainiac'? I haven't read the comics but if that's it, the Smallville producers did a poor job of translating it into their show. Not even James Marsters could save that!
I don't think we've seen the last of Brainiac. I have read some of the comics and he has a nasty habit of coming back even when everyone thought he was gone for good... thud

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
Features Writer
Features Writer
All I have to say is Lois in the Daily Planet and then looking up at the sign behind her at the end! I loved the little smile she gave at the end after Chloe told her about the possibilities of her STILL becoming a journalist! laugh

E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I thought Brainiac was supposed to be more of a recurring character. I'm willing to bet he isn't dead, either.

I enjoyed the bits with Clark and Chloe, and even Lois and Chloe investigating the warehouse, even though they had to do the annoying car promotion. Whatever happened to old-fashioned ads? I loved the bit where Lois was gazing up at the Daily Planet sign.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm sure Brainiac is coming back, he's just regrouping right now. After all, there's talk he's going to be a re-occurring character.

So what of Prof. Milton Fine now? Does he just disappear? Blow off his classes mid-semester? Or does he reappear, pretending that he was taken hostage so Fine could take over his body and his life just to get to Clark Kent??

When you think about it,there are plenty of interesting things that TPTB could do with this character, considering his ability to MORPH, he could be anyone....

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Top Banana
Top Banana
considering his ability to MORPH
Could he morph into Lana? goofy

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really enjoyed this episode, although I'm with all of you in thinking that this end of Braniac can't be it. I mean, they built up his character over far too many episodes to have him all of the sudden turn evil and poof! disappear.

Did anyone else notice that this episode didn't miss a single thing by not have any Lana? It blows my mind how completely unnecessary she is to this show yet how completely un-aware TPTB seem to be about that fact. Honestly, this epi was one of the best this season, IMO, and she wasn't in it at all.

Loved Chloe coming to the rescue. And I'm now 100% in CC's camp. Chloe is the Lois Lane character. Which doesn't bode well for her fate, since the real Lois needs to step up to the plate at some point.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Features Writer
Features Writer
I agree with you Lynn. Lana is totally unneccessary in this show.

I've been watching Smallville since it's beginning and now they're showing reruns on Saturdays of the first season. I watch them from time to time and even NOW I can't stand watching her!

I used to be able to stomach her...back in the day when she was dating Whitney, but after these last couple of seasons, my eyes have been opened to how really bad she is. lol

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard