Next Thread
Print Thread
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
I thought this was one of the cheesiest Smallville eps ever, but as an Angel fan, it was worth watching just to see James Marsters say, "There's no such thing as vampires."

lol

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The first thing I noticed is that they've finally corrected their typo in Kristin Kreuk's name in the intro. Dunno where I've picked that fact up, maybe at one of zoomway's synopsis.

The second thing was James Marsters talking about leaving footprints on the history of time or letting them be washed away - while seeing Lex walk up behind him. What a sign, not to speak about the great confrontation following and then in Lex' home. In my opinion, it's the first time I really saw him brooding.

Oh and another fine quote from Clark and Chloe, a glimpes in his future.

"Don't you think the cape is a little much?
"I kinda like it."

Sadly, that are my only useful comments on this episode - I even considered stopping the player a few times during the Lana scenes. Finally I was more or less glad that I kept watching, if only for the first appearance of the 'Brainiac' part of Professor Fine and Clark 'appearing' in Chloe's dormroom while they were on the phone. Cool smile Chloe's summary of this whole episode was nice and her final words about the planet were sweet, up up and away - I wish you the best, girl!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Loved everything having to do with the Daily Planet. laugh

Hated everything having to do with Lana...especially the stuff about her feeling his "heart" while biting him. Barf-o-rama! razz

E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
Oh and another fine quote from Clark and Chloe, a glimpes in his future.

"Don't you think the cape is a little much?
"I kinda like it."
Oh, yes, the cape was great. smile

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, this one goes down as one of the bottom ten. The only reason I didn't stop watching was because of James Marsters and Chloe. Best line of the week was James' "There's no such thing as vampires." Classic.

I'm very glad that TPTB are using Chloe the way that they are; that she's becoming a central character to the story rather than just someone who shows up every once in a while.

And I have to confess, I'm starting to see things the CC way. I'm starting to think that Chloe *is* Lois in pretty much every single way.

Well, you can't win them all.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm starting to think that Chloe *is* Lois in pretty much every single way.
Yeah some websites even spell Chloe's name as CLOIS wink

Lana's dialogs were ridiculous. thud

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by AnKS:
Yeah some websites even spell Chloe's name as CLOIS wink
Actually, that's more of a shipper-identification like Chlark, Clana, Clex etc.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm sorry, but everytime I read the name Clois it makes me think of the clone from that whole Wedding Arc in Season 3 of LnC! lol

She'll always be Clois to me. laugh

Merriwether
Merriwether
Apparently I'm taking over CC's place in the world by having the opposite views of SV episodes as Lynn. I thought last week's was boring as all get out, while I thought this week's episode, though incredibly hoky, was quite enjoyable.

I think it might have something to do with the structure of the episode that made me enjoy it so much -- the fact that, even though the main characters were Lana and Clark, it was *Chloe's* story to tell. I adore Chloe. Just love her to pieces. She *is* Lois to me -- has always been Lois to me -- and this episode not just gave a little more proof of that, it seemed to treat it almost as an established fact.

Chloe is the brilliant, fun, and oh-so-adorable sidekick, and now she's also standing up for herself with the new editor of the Daily Planet. (And I can't be the only one who cheered when the editor shook her hand and said, "Welcome to the Daily Planet." Hmm, come to think of it, maybe Chloe is Clark. <vbg>)

The Lana-as-vampire-bimbo storyline was completely over the top, but since it was a special "Halloween episode", I do tend to a cut the show some slack. I wanted to gag at the part where Lana "felt the strength of his love" or whatever it was when she bit him ... but you gotta admit, seeing her knocked over the staircase to her "death" was kind of gratifiying. wink

Still, this episode had me laughing, even as I was rolling my eyes, and I am really enjoying the Prof. Fine character ... it's neat to see someone be a match for Lex in the "villain" department, especially when you know they are both bad, yet you can't help but almost root for each of them to win. (And was that black I saw Lex wearing? Or maybe the purple is just getting *really* dark, now that he is. wink )

I'll be curious to see next week's episode, with a half-naked Lois falling into Clark's arms, but I have a feeling it will only prove to me that ED and TW, as cute as they can be together, only have a mere fraction of the chemistry that AM and TW have.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... Chloe is this universe's Lois!!

Kathy

P.S. Oh, yeah, and did anyone else notice the music video clips at the end of the episode? Even my husband mentioned that they looked just like the ones we do online. <bg>

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well if you want "over the top", how's this:

Chloe dies in the 100th episode, and so does Lionel. Each of them gets to possess a new body...so Chloe picks Lois, and Lionel picks Lex.

Their personalities merge....Lionel's dark side turns Lex into a 100% villain...Chloe's reporter self and excellent grades turns Lois into investigative-reporter mode. She goes back to college and really applies herself, wanting to carry on for her dead cousin.

Of course, the part of Chloe that knew that Clark was super --- somehow doesn't get inside of Lois. Not yet, anyway.

I'm going to give TPTB the benefit of the doubt and just say...it was a Halloween episode. Chloe used the name "Buffy Sanders" to protect the girl's real name.

There were some great moments with Brainiac and Lex.

Hopefully next week will give us a glimpse of the future investigative team of LnC.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Features Writer
Features Writer
i agree with loislane do make u want to ralph thud eek can't wait until next one
and kathy yeah it do look like the clips we do here cool huh?

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
Chloe dies in the 100th episode, and so does Lionel. Each of them gets to possess a new body...so Chloe picks Lois, and Lionel picks Lex.
That would make an interesting fanfic.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, I guess it would, however I wouldn't know which board it could be posted on!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
Probably a Smallville fanfic board, unless it was a crossover.

*Shrug*

Doesn't matter to me, I'd still read it.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard