Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
omg omg! i am about to die of an heart attack.
did the ugly green eyed monster rear it's ugly head mecry frown wallbash

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Um... what on Earth are you talking about? smile

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
o.k did you see how clark was grilling him lol
but i still think that lois should not be there
but she will find that someone special oneday and looking right at him laugh laugh hyper

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
I still have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm going to assume it's the new episode of Smallville.

Who was Clark grilling? The man Lois was kissing?

You think Lois shouldn't be on Smallville, and that Lois is looking right at... Clark?

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
yes i;m talking about the new one
lois don't see her real man right in front of her clark
the story line is kinda backwards but lois needs to leave
he was grilling aquaman
now u see thank u

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Yep, now we're on the same page.

Thanks. smile

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This episode would have been fine, if there had been a little bit chemistry between Lois and Aqua Man. All those staring contests, that wasn't my idea of a short romance.

The interactions between Dr. Fine and Clark on the other hand were cool. In the end, he also becomes active in researching and exposing LexCorp. I wonder how that will pan out.

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not sure yet whether I liked this episode. The first 30 seconds made me want to wolf my cookies <g> as Lana and Clark were being cute, but fortunately after that, Lana was barely in it.

Whether I like this one depends on where they're going. The fact that Lois was falling for Aquaman was a big negative and wayyyyy out of canon (I should be used to it by now <g>), but Clark's apparent encounter with the green-gilled monster might just be able to save it. Are the writers going to take this further? Is Clark really jealous or is he worried about another super-powered person horning in on his territory (Smallville, not Lois)? If it's the former, then yippee! If the latter, then boo-hiss.

I do like that Clark's apparently starting to see Lois in a different light, especially after she makes her comment about wanting to meet someone who wanted to save the world rather than owning it. <Just look behind you, Lois. He's right there.> Lois also sees Clark in a different light, but this brother thing has got to go.

Interesting comment Clark made about not being ready for the JLA. If there's already a Justice League of America, who's in it if Superman, Aquaman, and the Flash aren't members?

How is it that an oil slick alien who's only been in Smallville for such a short time knows enough to be a history professor? Granted he's supposed to be Brainiac, but he's one quick study. Clark helping to bring down LexCorp might be a bit premature. One day they're friends, the next Clark's disavowing Lex, then instant enemies. Others may disagree but it seemed awfully fast for Clark to go from suspicion to outright hostility.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
thank you rl there's someone on the same page as me thumbsup

Top Banana
Top Banana
I really enjoyed this episode. I think it's because it was a "Superman" episode rather than a "Clark and Lana's relationship" episode.

I loved the guy that played Aquaman. He was perfect. Except, as noted by my husband, Clark is looking a little bit puffy around the middle for the strongest man on Earth, yet Aquaman was amazingly trim and buff. I'm thinking TW needs to hit the gym a couple extra hours each day and work on getting a bit more cut if they plan to keep showing fellow superheroes standing next to him.

RL - I think when Clark referenced the JLA, it was supposed to stand for the Junior Lifeguard Association which AC mentioned in the previous line. Even so, the connection is absolute and I got a total squeee moment out of it.

As for the Lois/Aquaman relationship, I'm okay with it. I mean, if they aren't going to have Lois and Clark have an attraction right now, and if they are going to insist on making Clark and Lana be in lurrvve for an indefinite amount of time, they need to give Lois something to do. I liked that it showed a softer side to Lois (although, dang, that girl was a shrew at first). It reinforced her personality by showing that she treats all guys the way she treats Clark, that she's such an independent person it really ranks on her to be indebted to someone for saving her life. Future fodder for LnC friction.

Too, I could totally be imagining this, but isn't there canon somewhere in some bizarre incarnation of Superman that pairs Lois with Aquaman in some way? I could be so way out there on this, but for some reason it's niggling the back of my mind.

But I do agree that they need to kill any references to Clark being a brother figure to Lois or Lois being a sister figure to him. That's just gross.

And IMO they were a bit too ambiguous about Clark's reason for being jealous. In the end I got it that he was much more jealous - or concerned - over AC's powers than he was in Lois's interest in the guy. I would have much preferred if they'd had Clark feel a jealousy over Lois's infatuation with AC, something that kind of blindsides him because he hadn't realized he could even be jealous in that way. I guess right now he's so happy with Lana it's just not an option.

As for Prof. Fine, have I told you all how much I love James Marsters? Have to admit hearing him talk without a British accent and the brown hair is totally throwing me, but I let out a great sigh whenever he appeared on screen. This is going to be a great character. Right now he has Clark so totally snowed, and I can believe it.

Again, I could be so wrong, but I was under the impression that Brainiac was created on Krypton and downloaded with the entirety of Kryptonian knowledge, which would include the history of the planet Earth. So I'm not surprised he'd know a lot about the history of humans.

And I'm not surprised by Clark's actions toward Lex. This has been four years coming. I didn't see Clark as acting like he hated Lex. But clearly he no longer trusts him nor does he view him as a good person without question. I think Clark has lost any lingering ideas that Lex's motives are for the good and now questions everything the guy does. Which makes sense. If they'd continued the cycle of Clark and Lex are friends/Lex does bad, Clark gets mad/Clark and Lex make up, well, that's already gotten almost as old as Clark and Lana.

My biggest complaint - and this is so stupid - is that they kept AC in those stupid orange tank tops and green swim trunks. I get the visuals of having AC dressed in Aquaman's orange and green, but come on. The guy is there for a couple days and he never changes clothes? Gross.

Really, this might be my favorite episode so far this season. Only thing missing was some good Chloe time. And this actually speaks to why I was okay with Lois and AC. The only other girl they could have had AC save up front and then develop an attraction to would have been Chloe. But Chloe's already been down that road several times. I would have hated to see her dumped in the end when AC took off. Although, perhaps selling a jealous Clark might have worked better had it been Chloe in AC's clutches *g*.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Columnist
Columnist
Haven't made up my mind about this ep yet. But I can say this... PLEASE SPARE ME NEXT WEEK'S EP! wallbash It looks positively awful.

SQD

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by lynnm:
Again, I could be so wrong, but I was under the impression that Brainiac was created on Krypton and downloaded with the entirety of Kryptonian knowledge, which would include the history of the planet Earth. So I'm not surprised he'd know a lot about the history of humans.
I don't know a whole lot about Brainiac so that might explain it. Thanks. smile

And I'm not surprised by Clark's actions toward Lex. This has been four years coming. I didn't see Clark as acting like he hated Lex. But clearly he no longer trusts him nor does he view him as a good person without question. I think Clark has lost any lingering ideas that Lex's motives are for the good and now questions everything the guy does. Which makes sense. If they'd continued the cycle of Clark and Lex are friends/Lex does bad, Clark gets mad/Clark and Lex make up, well, that's already gotten almost as old as Clark and Lana.
I agree it would have been old. But they could have continued the distrust for a little while longer before it became outright hostility. I think at this point, they are enemies, and they both know it.

Really, this might be my favorite episode so far this season. Only thing missing was some good Chloe time. And this actually speaks to why I was okay with Lois and AC. The only other girl they could have had AC save up front and then develop an attraction to would have been Chloe. But Chloe's already been down that road several times. I would have hated to see her dumped in the end when AC took off. Although, perhaps selling a jealous Clark might have worked better had it been Chloe in AC's clutches *g*.
If it had been Chloe, we wouldn't have gotten to see Lois in a bikini. wink Then again, I'll bet Chloe would look pretty good in one, too. laugh Sorry about the lack of naked TW this ep, Lynn.

P.S. The preview looks iffy, but it had James Marsters making this line: "There are no such thing as vampires." rotflol

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Blogger
Blogger
I actually liked this episode! They finally showed Lois and they barley even showed Lana! smile1 At the end of the episode when lois said something like "he was the only guy ive ever met who wanted to save the world" then clark said something like "You'll find someone better" (i can't rember what they said but I know it was something like that) I was like *sighs* yeah she will smile

E
Columnist
Columnist
E
This wasn't too bad. I loved it at the end when Clark told Lois that she'd definitely find someone special.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
Gotta say this is one episode I loved and would not immediately "erase" from my DVR

goofy

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
I watched it several times, having taped it. I missed the week before, was on vacation and agonizingly, my VCR mysteriously didn't work.

I liked Lex in the scene where he has AC tied up and he makes all those sarcastic remarks about having a thirst for knowledge etc etc. You could just see MR enjoying himself with all the sarcasm - it's apparent to me he was bored with "good Lex" and is enjoying the turn to the dark side.

I was kinda surprised that AC didn't ask Clark where he got his powers. He was accepting of his abilities without any conversation (at least on screen) about it. That was weird.

Lois and AC - well it was nice to see that Lois can be attracted to someone, but I was hoping that Clark would show some jealous and realize that maybe he was really attracted to her. Clark and Lois have way more chemistry than Lois and Ac, or Lana and Clark.

Also since apparently Lana gave Clark a stirring speech at his death bed (which I missed) I feel they should have showed a conversation between the two of them explaining how Clark's body disappeared and he was miraculously rejunvenated.

Who knows what's sitting on the editing room floor as they say? Time constraints sometimes mean that storylines get cut.

Next week's ep looks silly but the part with Chloe and Daily Planet and Princess Leia looks interesting.

Wonder who's going to die in the 100th episode? As much as I like Allison Mack, it almost certainly needs to be her since she's not part of his adult life.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
in the words of tempest duh laugh jawdrop lois look behind u

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard