Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, all that pretending about Lana and Clark "just cuddling" was in vain. This opening scene once more showed me the lack of dynamics between those two characters; trying to sneak out and actually being caught by his parents ... what offered some great dialogue was shot to hell by his parents' reaction. I could've pictured this a thousand times better and funnier, pity that it was played out that way.

Clark actually dying was more than I expected, his resurrection to his 'old self' was only a matter of time and predictable. Lionel Luthor coming back was spooky .. I liked that smile

The very best part of this episode though was the talk between Jor-El and Kal-El in his fortress of solitude. When his father was talking about exchanging a life close to him ... I was repeatetly wishing, they'd take Lana away dance Doesn't look like my wish's going to be fulfilled (yet). I just hope, Jor-El leaves Chloe in peace, she almost died once because of him in this season.

Top Banana
Top Banana
When his father was talking about exchanging a life close to him ... I was repeatetly wishing, they'd take Lana away
Ditto wink

Anyway, after watching this episode it struck me, that as the seasons progressed in Smallville, Clark has become more and more rebellious, childish(or maybe teenagish??) and kinda emotionally detatched from his parents.

Just my viewpoint... wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Features Writer
Features Writer
I had a feeling that Lionel acting all weird like that in the mental hospital had something to do with Jor-El, so when Jor-El "appeared" as him, it didn't surprise me.

I just wish the part with Clark getting his powers back would either erase the memory of him being with Lana, or somehow Jor-El made it so those last couple of days never happened. drool over her instead! thumbsup

Top Banana
Top Banana
This one didn't bother me as much as last week's episode, despite the fact that I can no longer delude myself that Clark and Lana are really no more than bowling partners. I was surprised to find them sleeping together in Clark's bed. Did they really expect to get away with that? That morning after scene, with Papa Kent all outraged and Mama Kent doing the rational "I hope you were careful" routine was cute.

The best part of the show; John Glover as Jor-El. Awesome!! I've never been as big of a John Glover fan as many in the Smallville fandom seem to be. His hair drives me crazy. But last night he earned my approval big time. What great acting - how completely different his portrayal of Jor-El was than Lionel Luthor. Which was key, because Clark could have very well not wanted to listen to a word Jor-El/Papa Luthor had to say thinking something was amiss. But the way JG played the scene, there was no doubt he was being controlled by the spirit of Jor-El.

Let's place bets right now. I say Jonathan will be the one to bite the dust. Despite my fervant prayers, we all know that Lana will be the last woman standing if the entire universe explodes, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Okay, the scene after Clark comes back to life and he's standing in the hallway in his torn clothes, all dirty and whooped looking after stopping the missile. Lana finally sees that he's alive, and I'll confess I had a brief "Aaawww!" moment (the only one I've ever had where Lana and Clark are concerned). Except, I kept saying "How's Clark going to explain this?"

There is no way in the world he could ever offer up a reasonable explanation for the situation. You see, Lana, I wasn't really dead. I was only mostly dead. So Miracle Max made me a chocolate-covered magic pill that brought me fully back to my old self, except it blew all my clothes to smithereens. Honest.

And wouldn't she expect him to be weak and maybe, perhaps, needing to go back to the hospital? How would he brush that off?

Then Lana showing up at Lex's place? Total WTF moment. It felt like a scene that had been taken from a completely different episode.

I'm actually feeling really sorry for Lex. Between Lana's idiocy and Lionel's sudden recovery and complete indifference toward all the goings-on of late, the guy has to be so confused. No wonder he turns to evil. The good people of the world are so screwed up it's no wonder he'd want nothing to do with them. I'm not sure I like this approach of forcing Lex to the dark side simply because so many people are messing with his mind. I would imagine having Lionel Luthor as a father and role model is quite enough.

Once again, Chloe totally rocked. The scene at the end, when she tells Clark that she liked being the only one to know about him but advised him to confess to Lana, what a great friend. She is quickly becoming the reason to watch the show.

And of course we are left to wonder if Clark will now break up entirely with Lana or if he will just find lame excuses why they can't have a physical relationship. I mean, I'm guessing he'll avoid having sex with her now, right? Not even because of the super-powers thing but because he'd never be able to explain the lack of a bullet wound scar.

So we've come full circle, just like at the end of Season 2. Clark and Lana finally get together and have a relationship that lasts all of two episodes. Yet they will now paint this as The Perfect and Most Tragic Romance In All of Human History. Move aside Romeo and Juliet, Lancelot and Guinevere, Angel and Buffy. Clark and Lana have arrived.

Next week, Aquaman and the return of Lois. WooHoo!

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Features Writer
Features Writer
I agree with you, I think Jonathan might be the one to die...as in keeping with the Superman movie. Although Chloe could be the one to die too. I'd hate to see her go, but I'm still hearing rumors of her demise and with her out of the way, then Lois could take front stage in the journalism department. She could be so upset over her cousin's death that she decides to honor her memory by becoming an award winning journalist.

Columnist
Columnist
I too was hoping that Lana will be the one to bite the dust but since the producers seem to be totatlly hooked on her I don't think that will happen. We could get lucky though and have it be Kristen's idea to leave the show. She's been doing make-up commercials and hopefully being offered movie parts so maybe she'll want to leave -- one can only hope. I ultimately believe it will be Jon because the deal he made with Jor-El and then also Jor/Lionel makes the comment of hoping one day Kal-El can call him father.

I totally wanted to barf during the Lana hospital confession of LOVE. How she also knew he was the one - yeah right then why in season 1 did she totatlly blow off Clark in favor of Whitney. I think Lana is completely self-absorbed and wouldn't really know love if it bit her in the *** . I find with each new episode I despise her more.

Oh new though on who dies. Chloe is running Jon a tight second on the one who pays with her life. I feel like they are having a hard time knowing what to do with Chloe in Clark's life now. She knows the secret and has accepted it and settled into the best friend/confidant (sp) role that Pete filled for a short time. Look what happened to him - they moved him away. So Chloe looks like another good choice of the person to kill in order to pay Clark's debt. What do you think? huh

Features Writer
Features Writer
I barfed too during the hospital scene and Lana with her whole love confession. I too thought...yeah right! cat

Blogger
Blogger
I was soooooo mad when the show started with Lana in Clarks bed! mad Urgh! I hate Lana!I wanted to throw something at the tv! I feel like Smallvilles ruining superman.

Features Writer
Features Writer
i agree very much mad evenindeath

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I could have done without the Clark/Lana scene myself.

Other than that, this was not a bad ep, IMHO.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Columnist
Columnist
Didn't Lana and Clark start out at her place? How did they get to the farm? Or was this... round 2? Or 3? Or... dance Seems more like Lois than Lois. Though the subtle references between Lois and Clark are great. Can't wait to see what they come up with next!

SQD

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard