Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've been watching the show since its inception in 2001 and Clark lying/misrepresenting himself as a 15 year old is not as blatant as an 18/19 yr old doing it. He's "Superman in training" now...and Superman doesn't lie.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Top Banana
Top Banana
He's "Superman in training" now...and Superman doesn't lie.
You see, I think this is really interesting, Chris. And I totally get your point.

But while Superman doesn't lie, doesn't Clark Kent?

Isn't the whole Secret Identity/Cheese of the Month/Glasses as Disguise thing a lie? And completely necessary if he wants to be effective as Superman and have a life that's his own?

I don't see it as a moral failing when Clark Kent looks right into Lex Luthor's face and lies. The alternative is to put vital information into dangerous hands. So maybe Superman- hero in tights and cape- never lies. But Clark Kent lies every day in ways big and small. What choice does he have?

Just a thought. My two cents. No big whoop. But I do love this shade of gray!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I liked most of the premiere. Seeing the Fortress of Solitude was cool. I fully enjoyed the Chloe/Clark scenes. I'm not too fond of the whole Clark/Lana thing myself. But it was entertaining, for the most part.

I am also looking forward to seeing James Marsters on TV again. I wasn't into Buffy, but I did enjoy Angel.

And yes, I'm looking forward to the Lois ep, but mostly because of the DoH reunion.

Rumor has it (according to Kryptonsite) that Tom Wopat's character will have a Dodge Charger with the doors welded shut. I wonder if it will also be orange and have a horn that plays Dixie? And will they get what's his name who played Cooter to have a cameo? laugh

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
Chloe is Lois. No. She is. Maybe she doesn’t have the name, but in every way that counts, in every way that matters, she *is* Lois.
Except she doesn't have the chemistry with Clark that Lois has. I'm not just talking the chemistry we saw in LnC between Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher. I'm talking the chemistry between Smallville's Clark (Tom) and Lois (Erica). Just watch TW's eyes next time those two share a scene together. They absolutely light up. Those two sparkle when they are on screen together.

Plus, they have that banter down pat. Lois gives Clark the grief that we all expect from her, which Chloe does not.

Don't get me wrong. I love that Chloe knows. And I love that she will probably become his cohort in solving crises during the next season or two. I love that she's accepted him completely, which is surely the thing that will give him the courage to confess all to Lois when the time comes (and I'm willing to bet this is something he never does with Lana).

But Chloe is just the pre-Lois. She's the warm up band. The practice round, if you will.

Sadly, the run of this show will end before the real Lois will be allowed to step up and take her rightful position. They are giving us Chloe as a consolation prize.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard