Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh wow!! Oh, WOW! whinging

You keep amazing me with every new story you write these days. I'm just at a loss for words. Wow! notworthy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my GOD!
help

PLEASE!!!! grovel grovel

-Sira - who just loved this part and is still hoping for a happy ending

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I did suspect that lovemaking would make her visible
YEAH, and they could just do it again RIGHT?? RIGHT???? And they could stay that way forever, cause it can't be like this, please don't let this be forever Wendy whinging

Top Banana
Top Banana
whinging whinging whinging

You know I rarely cry at books or fanfics
I frequently cry at fanfics, well, fanfics which you may crying on, obviously(just speaking about Wendy' fanfics, "For the greater good" comes to my mind, but other writers could say something about my weeping on their stories too), and this part is not an exception! mecry mecry mecry

How are you going to fix this? It seems without hope for an happy ending, above all because of there is only one part to go! (But with your "When you said you love me" you proved me wrong... hint...hint...)
I'm going to check the exact state of Lois's body, I don't remember very well what you said about it...

Ok, not too much hope there frown

Simona smile notworthy notworthy notworthy

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I don't see why a ghost and an alien can't live happily ever after. In fact, I think it would be more credible for Lois and Clark to come to some sort of relationship situation with her being dead than for her to miraculously, suddenly regain her life after being shot in the chest and being dead for several hours.

Clark has that 'vision gizmo' thing, maybe that will help.

Tank (who passes along a bit of advice for Lois... concentration is the key)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Reading that actually hurt. It choked me up. I don't know if I can take it anymore but please hurt me some more so I can find out.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Okay, I've figured it out. You're not going to fix this because there's nothing to fix. I mean, Lois and Clark can still interact, verbally and *cough* physically, they can still work together and investigate stories. And I'm sure Lois can still type in ghost form. She doesn't need to eat, may not need to sleep, and will be a *great* employee because not only does she not get sick, but she has no use for money! Or for a health plan! Perfection in its simplicity!

I'm looking forward to part 6.. when Perry tries to convince Human Resources that yes, they can hire a ghost. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Columnist
Columnist
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Goddddddddddd!!!! whinging

mecry mecry mecry

A Happy Ending Here Please!!!!!!!!!!!! grovel

I love this part.

I can´t wait to read part6

Karla

Top Banana
Top Banana
My heart is breaking as I read this, it is all feelings rolled into one..sentimental, heart rending, sad, agonizing, loss..you're killing me and the rest of us too!

mecry

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AWWWWWW! I love it and yet i am so sad for them at the same time. Of course I never considered making love to a ghost, but it sure does stir up the imagination...

Oh where was I, yes this was a very emotional and sweet sorrow kind of chapter. I am looking forward to the surprise finish. How will you male Lois live? Will it be H. G. Wells? Will she suddenly come to life from death? will she inhabit the body of a clone? Don't leave us hanging too long. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well of course there will no Utopia if Lois remains dead so Herb has just got to show up and take Clark into the past to prevent Lois from walking in front of that bullet...

or

It's all a dream!!! (easy way out!!!)

Pure Angst by the way!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Yeah... what Kae said in her topic line.

*sniff*

Sara frown

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
razz

Then, incredibly, she laughed. “I forgot you can’t see me! I was shaking my head, Clark.”
LOL! Nice touch.

What was done was done. But that didn’t make it right, or even bearable. Spilt milk could be cleaned up. Lois was dead and would stay dead.
razz

“You’re right! I’d have to pretend to be hurt, or else...”

“Or else everyone would know you’re Superman.” She grimaced, then remembered that he couldn’t see her. “Anyway, I just realised that. So, I guess in a way I did save your life tonight after all.”
Ah ha! Therein lies the twist! Kinda scary.

At least she’d have Clark... for the moment. They could even work together. She stifled a hysterical laugh as it occurred to her that she now had one ability even Superman lacked. Finally, after all her childhood daydreams, she was invisible. She could get past all those closed doors. Combining her invisibility with Clark’s powers, they’d be unbeatable.
frown

But that wouldn’t be the worst of it. Clark loved her now. He might even be content to have a relationship of sorts with her now. But, sooner or later, he’d get tired of a girlfriend who was only there in spirit? Someone he couldn’t go out with - could never be seen in public with? A woman he could never marry, who couldn’t give him the kids she was sure he’d want?
/me whimpers...

He didn’t know if it were possible. He didn’t know if he could bear to do it anyway. But he had to let her go.
/me thwaps Wendy!

Her words stunned him. “Make love to me, Clark.”

Make love to - But they couldn’t. Could they? Could she?
eek

Touching. Kissing. Caressing. Fingers and lips speaking wordlessly, eloquently, of need and passion and longing. Of love and loss. Of desire and deep yearning. Of life and death and never wanting to let go. Learning how to say goodbye when that was the last thing either of them wanted.
/me tries to catch her breath

And, as the storm ebbed away at last, he saw her.
Ack!!! You're kidding me? Right? eek

But, in front of his eyes, she began to fade, growing fainter and fainter until all he could see beneath him was the bedding.
ACK! ACK! ACK!!!!!!

“I’m still here,” she repeated. “I’m here, Clark - I won’t leave you, I promise.”
Crap! You scared the living daylights out of me! (And I'm not even going to ponder whether or not that's a bad pun. razz )

This precious hour would be as if it had never happened.

He lay still, stroking her hair, as his heart slowly turned to ice.
/me thwaps Wendy repeatedly!!!! Fix it now!!! whinging /me whimpers mecry

Sara (who's pretty much too traumatized to say anything else frown )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm a little ferclempt (Brooklynism, meaning teary-eyed). Talk amognst yourselves.

Finally, after all her childhood daydreams, she was invisible. She could get past all those closed doors. Combining her invisibility with Clark’s powers, they’d be unbeatable.
For a moment I was thinking... hmm, Invisi-girl! But the joy was short lived, because she's not invisible! She's dead! whinging

Then, you teased both me and Clark before she faded away. Now, is that fair?

/me clutches my chest
One more part! My kingdom for Lois's life! Or, maybe just Clark's powers? (I think I saw them on ebay)

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This was asolutely heart-wrenching! mecry

This whole fic has been a wonderful, horrible angst-fest, and I'm sure that Kleenex distributers around the world love you and are singing your praises as we speak.

But now there's only one part left, so hurry and fix it!! wildguy wildguy wildguy

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto on the ferclempt.

whinging

So bittersweet. Good Lord, there's no possible way to 'fix this'. mecry

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it too late to smile1

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Actually, when you think about it. Clark's 'perception' of Lois is not really any different than it would be if he happened to be blind. The blind person in a relationship has to rely on his other senses to 'interact' with his/her partner, they just can't see them. Kind of like how it is with Clark.

Tank (who thinks that Lois' death also solves the problem of Clark's extended life expectancy brought up in Brutal Youth since she'll be able to be around as long as he is)

Kerth
Kerth
wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, i have faith Wendy will provide us with that happy ending for Lois and Clark. smile

But the autopsy is an issue - think it's automatic in these situations - I know is it is in Canada. As for the US, all I know is what the procedure is in Law and Order and CSI (which of course I accept as absolutely 100% accurate wink - so automatic autopsy there too)

OT warning:
[[
who thinks that Lois' death also solves the problem of Clark's extended life expectancy brought up in Brutal Youth since she'll be able to be around as long as he is
Always thought that was left very ambiguous at the end of Brutal Youth. Clark gave up some of his life span to save Jimmy, leaving us with the thought that CK would probably be around about as long as Lois would be - levelling the playing field so to speak. smile Also the idea of Superman's longevity was nothing more than a hypothesis advnaced by Bernie Klein whose theories were not always on the money laugh - in fact that was part of his charm - he was a bit of a crackpot scientist. smile So if Bernie was wrong about S's longevity, then, given his swap with Jimmy, we we could as easily conclude that Clark wouldn't outlive Lois, or not by much. He might even have a lot less time left than Lois, depending on how much of the old life forcestuff got transferred to Jimmy. ]]

back to Wendy's story smile : Kryptonite bullets for Clark, eh? But would Clark commit suicide in this situation? Maybe some obliging bad guy might pull the trigger?

But poor Lois! Clark may be emotionally distraught, but Lois has been murdered!!! Right now it's looking like it ain't going to get any better for her. laugh

c

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard