Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay, I'm in Smallville/Buffy the Vampire Slayer Heaven. I just read on Kyrptonsite.com that James Marsters - Spike - is scheduled for multiple appearances on Smallville during Season 5.

Here's the official press release:

JAMES MARSTERS VISITS “SMALLVILLE” AS THE EVIL BRAINIAC AND TOM WOPAT REUNITES WITH SERIES STAR JOHN SCHNEIDER

Burbank, CA July 22, 2005

James Marsters sinks his teeth into another juicy role for The WB when he joins the cast of SMALLVILLE for multiple episodes. Marsters will portray Brainiac, a classic DC Comics villain and one of the Man-of-Steel's most formidable enemies. Additionally, one episode this season will reunite series star John Schneider with his former “Dukes of Hazzard” co-star, Tom Wopat.

Marsters plays college professor Milton Fine, alter ego of the uber-villain Brainiac. Possessed of a vast, superior knowledge limited only by his hubris and emotions, Brainiac comes to earth armed with a secret about Clark's biological family and the truth about Krypton's demise. Brainiac's presence in Smallville will have a devastating effect on Clark and Lex's already deteriorating friendship.

Marsters first appeared on The WB in the critically acclaimed hit series “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” as Spike, the vampire who first tries to kill Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar), but ultimately falls in love with her. After five seasons on the show and Spike's untimely demise, Marsters' character was reborn as a ghost on the series spin-off Angel starring David Boreanaz.

Marsters began his professional career in the theater, performing in stage productions including “The Tempest” and “Red Noses” at Chicago's renowned Goodman Theatre. In addition, Marsters revisited the stage in Los Angeles with a starring role in an original play produced by Noah Wyle, titled “The Why.” Additional television roles include a guest appearance on “Northern Exposure” and the series “Strange Frequency” for VH1, as well as on Gene Roddenberry's “Andromeda.”

Brainiac is the latest DC Comics character to appear in SMALLVILLE. The Flash, Mxyzptlk and Perry White have all made appearances during the series run. Last season, Lois Lane (Erica Durance) joined the cast.

Also this season on SMALLVILLE, veteran actor and Broadway star Tom Wopat will portray a state senator who was a boyhood friend of Jonathan Kent (Schneider). In addition to his role co-starring with Schneider on the hit television series “The Dukes of Hazzard,” Wopat starred in the popular sitcom “Cybill,” with Cybill Shepherd, and in the daytime drama “All My Children.” He was also nominated for Broadway's 1999 Tony Award as Best Actor (Musical) for his role opposite Bernadette Peters in the revival of “Annie Get Your Gun.”
Woohoo! party

Only bad thing; I guess James won't be sporting his platinum bleach-blond Spike do. I guess I can suffer through. wink

Also, looks like future Justice League colleague Aquaman will make an appearance sometime around Episode 4. I'll leave you to guess who his love interest is supposed to be. Suffice it's to say, it's not Lana because Lana and Clark are going to actually date. :rolleyes:

Can anyone say "Crap."

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
The guy who played Spike's going to be on? Cool. That ought to be fun.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Is Lois going to be back? If so, I'd hate to see her pair up with Aquaman. Please, please be back. Somebody needs to give Lana an eventual heave-ho.

It can't be Chloe who pairs up with Aquaman since the writers wouldn't make her lucky enough to actually get a date.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yes, Roger, Lois is going to be back.

And I won't answer your question about who pairs up with Aquaman. Unless you want me to, that is...
wink
L.

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by lynnm:
Yes, Roger, Lois is going to be back.

And I won't answer your question about who pairs up with Aquaman. Unless you want me to, that is...
wink
L.
It's not... Lex, is it? wink

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Not Lex.
Not Lana.
Not Clark.
Not Jonathan.
Not Martha.
Not Lionel.
Heck, not even Pete. wink

Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh man. It's Chloe, isnt it?

It isn't enough for the writers to stomp on her heart week after week. Now she has to date a big Fish.

<sigh>

Can't wait! How much longer until the premiere?!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
LOL, CC! Send me an e-mail if you want me to give you any details about the Big Fish and his Mystery Love Interest.

The first episode of Season 5 is scheduled to air on September 29th.

In case you didn't know, Smallville is moving from Wednesday nights to Thursday nights this fall. This is a cool thing because my Wednesday nights were packed - The West Wing, Lost and Smallville all together on one night. My TiVo worked overtime. I thought I'd be in good shape with a little spreading of the wealth, then I discovered a new show - Over There. Which is on...you guessed it, Wednesday nights! wink

Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was trawling around the net and happened upon this poster site

Did you guys know about this poster of TW? Holy...! The boy doesn't do much for me normally, but even I went 'Hubba! Hubba!' and had to turn up the fan several notches. Yowsa!

And this on top of your news about JM, Lynn. Geez, I may have to start watching this show. laugh

LabRat smile (trying not to hyperventilate)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
I will watch anything James Marsters acts in. So it's time to start watching Smallville.

He's one of the top actors ever, imo.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Columnist
Columnist
Lab, I assume you're referring to the first poster on that site. (*fans self*) If so, you'll definitely want to check out at least the pilot ep of Smallville. That poster is a shot from a scene toward the end of the pilot. laugh

If you're talking about the second one, well it's nice too. I actually have that one. *G*

~Anna

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There was a second one?!? dizzy I didn't even spot it - my brain went into a spasm as soon as it spotted the first. (This was the nekkid TW one with the scrawled red S across it..er...him...geez, where's that fan?)

LabRat (hyperventalating again)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
LOL The second one isn't that exciting. It's just him standing there, fully clothed. And there's some other pictures on the side, but I don't remember what they are. It's rolled up and stashed in my closet at the moment.

/me hands Labby an extra fan or two.

~Anna

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It looks like Smallville is really pulling out all the stops. Stunt casting, and bringing in even more characters who have no business being involved with Clark's early years.

I figure the shark tank isn't far behind.

Tank (who doesn't like Smallville, but has seen enough of Erica's performances to be able to appreciate her protrayal of Lois, even if Lois doesn't belong in Smallville)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard