Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#203828 07/07/05 04:33 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'm just starting to read about this... it sounds horrible. Are you London FOLCs okay?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161768,00.html

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
We just got briefed on the attacks at our morning hospital conference.
Please check in London FoLCs, and let us know that you're ok!!

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm okay smile I work in Greenwich which isn't central London, I live even further out and drive to work so shouldn't have too many problems getting home - although I'm sure the roads will be choked with traffic.

Yvonne

Top Banana
Top Banana
My thoughts are with you all, please be safe.

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Columnist
Columnist
This is awful. frown My thoughts and prayers are with all of you UKers. Please keep us posted and let us know that you're okay.

~Anna

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well holy Christ. And the hell of it is when I left London yesterday morning, everything seemed fine and calm and safe...Scary how all that can change in a second.

Be safe, everyone.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the hell of it is when I left London yesterday morning,
DAMN JD!! Be careful out there and come home safe.

TEEEEEJ

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I'm glad you got out of there before this happened, JD. I hope we hear from our London friends as quickly as possible. I won't relax until I know they're all okay.

Our sympathies go out to our friends in the UK. This is a terrible act of savagery.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
My thoughts are with everyone in the UK after this horrible tragedy. frown

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by TJgruffs:
And the hell of it is when I left London yesterday morning,
DAMN JD!! Be careful out there and come home safe.

TEEEEEJ
Well, I've never been more happy to see my house. I was supposed to go to Scotland this week, but when the protestors started hitting the streets, that trip got fuddled up. I have this knack for attracting disasters everywhere I go...Anyway, I've got to get repacking and all for a conference.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Q
Qex Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Q
I'm fine as well. I was at work (the quietest day we've had in ages, actually) when a colleague came down and told me the news. I went upstairs to see what the TV news broadcast was saying, and there it was. It was a little surreal, since I actually live in Central London, near Hyde Park.

Nicole

Merriwether
Merriwether
frown

I'm glad to see y'all are safe. smile

Jen, my parents flew out of London yesterday as well -- they're in Zürich this week. And my SIL and BIL and their kids are fine.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It was so awful this morning getting ready for work and hearing about this on the radio at 5am. What a shock. Been watching MSNBC all morning (we had it on at work), it's such a tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with all you UKers ... I hope you, your families and friends are safe. What is this world coming to? frown

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm still in shock about the news. Just a few weeks ago, I was still there... A lot of you probably know I was in London for the last year but I'm back in the Netherlands now. So I'm fine and everyone I know there is okay as well.

I just can't believe it. My thoughts are with all the victims. frown

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm still in shock too - been watching TV news for the last hour, after having been out all morning. That bus exploded on a route I used to walk along when I was in London for meetings several times a year. I'm hoping that my old colleagues at AUT headquarters are all safe and well. As the casualty count increases, I can't imagine what families and friends of missing or injured people must be feeling.

I'm so glad to hear from at least some of our London FoLCs. This is just sickening, so horrible. Yet again, though, wonderful response from the emergency services. Doctors, nurses, ambulance workers, police, firefighters, dispatchers, London Transport staff, everyone who works in emergency response all deserve our immense gratitude and appreciation.

Jill, I don't know if you heard, but some of your colleagues (British doctors meeting at the British Medical Association headquarters) were first on the scene after the bus explosion - they probably saved a few lives there.

Wendy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm glad you London FoLCs who have posted are safe. And yes, please chime in if you're okay. My thoughts are with the victims of these monstrous attacks.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I was horrified to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers are with the people of London today.

While watching the news, I found myself thinking about the bombing attacks on London during WWII and how impressed the world was with the bravery of London's residence. Terror attacks, like this one, and those bombings during the second world war are, in my opinion, like announcing to the entire world that your cause is doomed. It accomplishes nothing except to install resolve in the survivors.

Have all our FoLCs checked in yet? If you haven't, please do.

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, I'll second what Wendy said about the emergency services, and add that the media have been excellent, too. I remember thinking that 9/11 brought out the very best in our media - they were highly professional, informative and never hysterical or over-speculative - and the same is true today. Both public and commercial media services have done an excellent job of keeping us informed and providing useful advice, helpline numbers and so on.

Seen some devasting accounts of people being trapped in dark, hot, smoky tunnels with little air. Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

But transport services are already beginning to get back to normal and today a lot of people in London just got on and did what they would do on any working day - so we are not terrorised. We are defiant.

Yvonne

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you for your thoughts everybody.

I work on the outskirts of London, so I missed everything.

It's very close to home, as most of the transport links in the area where I live, in Walthamstow, go into the stations that were affected.

My housemate missed one explosion by 10 minutes, and two people she works with are injured.

Like Yvonne says, we just got on with it.

It's sad, we have seen scenes like this before in this city. It doesn't make it easier, but it does mean we know we will get through it.

Best wishes everyone.

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am glad you guys are all ok. I was horrified by the news.

I know how it felt when 9-11 happened in America. I felt it hard being a New Yorker. We all new someone who was killed or new family of people who had lost someone.

I am sure you are all going through a similar experience. It is a shock and scary and depressing as hell. The only thing you can do is try to get back to as much normalcy as possible.

But if you are having trouble sleeping, eating, crying or feeling hopeless, sad or numb, that is depression caused by the event. It is very common after an attack of this type. There is help and hope for these feelings. If it persist call your Doctor. Right now it is new and the shcok will be with you for a few weeks. See how it goes after that.

My prayers are with all of you. For the little bit of evil that is in the world, just remember there is much more good. Just look at the response of all the fire fighters, emergency workers, police and the community. God bless them! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard