Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Sighing, he looked back at the mirror. The words still stared back at him. The letters bright red. Slashes of blood across the glass.

Slashes of blood across his hands, her dress, her body, the floor...
Oh, god! mecry This is why I was scared. Paragraph six... hurts already. frown

And, as he watched, a lipstick moved in front of him and letters appeared as if out of nowhere.

IT’S ME. I THINK I’M A GHOST
/me giggles...

Like lightening, another message appeared on his mirror.

IF YOU’RE DREAMING THEN SO AM I
OMG! Forget the first message, Julie, *this* is where he should by all rights drop dead. eek

And then he noticed that something - someone? - was holding the towel against the mirror, trying to erase some of the writing. With one stride, he was there, grabbing the towel and wiping furiously, using his heat vision to melt the lipstick a little to make it easier to remove.
I don't know why I do, but I really, really love that amidst all this insanity he's assuming, he's still a gentleman like that. But not just that, he's disbelieving, but eager to read more. I probably just butchered what I was trying to say, but hopefully you'll know what I mean. smile

Yeah, right. More evidence that this wasn’t Lois. She’d never been lost for words in her life.
Good point, but given the situation...

IF IT’S NOT LEAD-LINED, DON’T BOTHER
thud

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, this is good, Wendy <g> I liked the bit where he was hugging what his eyes told him was empty air <g> Very evocative, really. He's got part of her there -- but only part. *Loved* the snuggling on the bed.

Being dead sucks. Fix it soon, wouldja? wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
whinging

That's all I really have to say for now. Being dead does suck.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
The whole touching thing had me confused. "she's a ghost, all those touches should go right through!" But you seem to be explaining that.. she's becoming more and more solid? So, maybe, just perhaps there's no need for a body? Or.. something.

My mind's trying to figure out how it's going to end up, so hurry up with the story so I can get it back on other things! laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
/me swallows lump in throat

Oh, my God, Wendy... I think my heart just did several trips around my body!

The second her lips touched his, she felt him still. And then he made an inarticulate sound and one arm tightened around her. The other slid up to cup the back of her head, holding her against him. And then he was kissing her back, the way she’d yearned for, dreamed of, longed for, needed.
Poor Lois!!! help

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
razz

Her hand squeezed his again, lingeringly this time.
Awwww!!

One squeeze. She understood. And, perhaps, if he was luckier than he deserved, she even forgave him.
*Love* these lines!

She shifted. Unable to see her, he had no idea what she was doing. And so he was taken completely by surprise when soft lips pressed against his.
hyper Thank you! wink

For the first time, she’d been grateful that he couldn’t see her. She didn’t want him to see her crying.
Awww!!

No matter that, for all she knew, she could disappear at any second. She needed this.
Awww!!! (Though... if you have her disappear, Wendy, I really will stop speaking to you. ;P)

Unable to hold the words back, she whispered, “I love you, Clark.”
AWWWWW!!!!! *sigh*

“Oh, god, Lois, I love you too. So much...”

Shock made her rigid. “You can hear me?”
eek ... hyper

“I... well, I was probably crushing you...”

“Lois, I’m Superman, remember? Trust me, you couldn’t crush me.
whinging *Such* emotion!!! frown

But, still, nothing had changed. She was still dead. They were never going to be together. What a time to discover that she loved him and that he loved her back!
Awww!!! mecry

Sara (who dreads waiting for... tomorrow wink ... to read more frown )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
mecry mecry mecry

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I liked the lines Lois wrote on the mirror. They felt fairly like things she would say. And her choice of words for proving who she was (Clark's crack as Superman about being lead-lined) was not only a good quote to refer to (as only the two of them would know it), but it also let Clark know that she KNEW. For some reason, I can see Lois preferring double meanings like that. wink
This chapter had a nice mix of humor, romance, and angst. I'm quite eager to see more. laugh

Random questions: How does being a ghost affect bodily functions? I assume she doesn't need to eat and all that? But if he can touch her, what else can he do with her? And if her normal bodily functions don't work, that means there's no danger of anything, right? Lol, what a weird bunch of questions for me to ask . . .

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part, Wendy! Lots of emotion: sad and waffy and awwwwwwy...

I am so glad he finally knows that Lois is there and that Lois can better and better communicate with him... But it makes me wonder... What is going on with Lois? She slowly seems to be regaining everything she lots with that bullet. And it makes me wonder why that is so? Wishes? Her realizing her feelings for Clark?

[I have to admit I have this weird scene running through my slightly crazy head where all they need to do is make love and Lois will be back again, safe and whole... I know it's completely out there, but I can't help it...]

Post the next two parts soon, please! Or I'll go crazy with that weird idea in my head...

-Sira thumbsup thumbsup

Blogger
Blogger
They hold and kiss! How could being with a ghost be so romantic! They should be back together that's why Lois are hanging around Clark. clap

Kerth
Kerth
Curious about how are you going to fix this, Wendy laugh

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I am loving this story. Heartwrenching yet romantic. Great work. Can't wait for more.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm alternating between saying ARRRRGGGGHHHH and a very contemplative "hmmmmmm." This part was VERY interesting, Wendy! Especially since they've been showing "Ghost" on HBO in the mornings lately while I've been getting ready for work, the timing of this story has been perfect (apropos of nothing). :p

One little niggle - you might want to change the words "dressing table" to something else - in my mind, women have dressing tables (maybe) while men have dressers, bureaus, vanity tops to their sinks (I can't remember if the mirror is in Clark's bathroom or bedroom, sorry), etc. "Dressing table" sounded too feminine for a man's apartment.

I'm just figuring that Clark can touch her and now hear her because of his superpowers - especially now that he's aware that she's ...er...there, he can push his senses beyond the boundaries of mortal men (sorry :rolleyes: ) to pick up sensory cues that the rest of us probably still wouldn't notice. VERY nice - I loved that they could hold each other, Clark's joy at being able to hold and touch her, the lifting of some of Lois's desperation by knowing that she's not alone, the kiss was wonderful, and then we come crashing down to earth at the realization that as wonderful and miraculous as it is for them to be togethr and close and holding each other and aware that each loves the other, Lois is *still* dead. Damn. smile1

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
Columnist
Columnist
Oh Godddddd!!!!!!! grumble

Lane and Kent working here so everything is gonna be ok soon.

How about posting part 5 now so we can see the famous team of Lane and Kent pool their remarkable brainpower to figure out how to resurrect Lois before an autopsy -
An autopsy!!!! Oh God grumble

Karla

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooooooh... thumbsup , notworthy and cannot WAIT for the next part!!!!! smile

Sara [snuffling quietly to herself]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy, what a fantastic idea! And such moving scnenes, likes Clark moving from one sentiment to other:

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY?

Yeah, right. More evidence that this wasn’t Lois. She’d never been lost for words in her life.

Then more words appeared.

IF IT’S NOT LEAD-LINED, DON’T BOTHER
So, Clark began to hear Lois's voice - did their physical contact cause it? Would he see her if they had even more contact?

Gabriele
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whinging whinging whinging
And I know it's been mentioned but...
since they've been showing "Ghost" on HBO in the mornings
I just have had repeats of "Unchained Melody" ramping through my head all day since I read this...arrrrrrgh!!!

Bring her back!

Kick A$$ story by the way! clap

TEEEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok so now I know she isn't dead, she is just having an out of body experience. :p Supposedly one can even have sex out of body, smile1 So how does this sitation get resolved? whinging Anyway, if she were really dead she would be cold. They say ghosts can bring the temp in a room 10 degrees rapidly. cool Although Clark doesn't feel cold he senses it, I think. dizzy Whatever! Just get to it and post more soon! I need to know what happens next! huh Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Where is Lois' body, by the way? Did you tell us? You are exploring the supernatural side here and it's very interesting! I'm really into "New Age" stuff myself.

What the Hell, true love can bring a body back from the dead...

OR>>>>>

Maybe Clark is really the one who's dead and this is just like that Nicole Kidman movie where she was the dead one and everyone else was alive???

Can't wait for the next part!!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW, WOW, WOW! smile1

Tricia cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek