Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Keeping the violence under control - that's a positive first step, Sara! drool And even nicer to get a new Sara fic. laugh

LabRat smile (not that I'm hinting or anything...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, non-violence! Keep that up... Hang in there, Sara, I know you can do it. Y'know, in my experience, nothing will distract you better than a good flame war... want to argue politics with anyone? goofy Whatever your views are, I guarantee you can find someone to disagree with them laugh Just, um, do it in e-mail, k? Otherwise the other admins will kill me wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay, Sara! As Labby and Pam said, non-violence is good. <g>

Hang in there, you're doing well!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Sara}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Julie thumbsup

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Keep up the good work, Sara!

We are all so proud of you!!!!!

--Wanda thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Merriwether
Merriwether
*waves pom poms*

Go Sara! Go Sara! Go Sara! dance

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$32,000.00 SARA

TEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think we need to do a count for you, Sara. So, assuming you still haven't had a cigarette, this is Day Three, right? Congratulations on making it this far! party

And hang on in there - let us know when you need a little extra encouragement, all right?

Any other smokers out there ready to stop along with Sara? Mutual encouragement and all that... wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Thanks, Wendy!!! And thanks for the continued support, everyone!!! love

For easier time-tracking purposes wink , I started at 12:00:01 am on March 1st. <g> So... It's been officially 3 days and almost two hours.

Today was a hard day and I almost didn't make it. Hope tomorrow's better.

You guys really are a *great* help!!! smile

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
My first reaction when I saw this thread's title was, "Good for you, Sara!!" thumbsup

I can't be around so often anymore, but my thoughts are with you.

And, yay, you're making it happen!! Let's celebrate!! party party

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Keep up the good work, Sara!!! You're doing so well! dance

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Merriwether
Merriwether
dance dance dance

I'd calculate the day, but you didn't specify time zone and I'm too lazy to figure it out.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Mountain Standard Time... which makes it... SIX days as of right now. I'll be honset... I did have one or two. So I cheated. But I'm really encouraged by the fact that I didn't enjoy the experience, which is good. And, I'm telling myself that it's far better than having smoked two or three packs. wink

I'm hanging in there. Finding it difficult at times to function without my stress reliever, but I'm dealing. smile

Thanks again, everyone, for your support. I really wouldn't have made it even a day without your support!

Sara

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

Merriwether
Merriwether
Six days is almost a week, yes? smile Awesome.

And yeah, I'd definitely agree that one or two is far better than one or two packs. goofy

- Under the Tuscan Sun
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I recommend checking your savings (pun not intended). You might want to consider doing a cash jar for your designated cig money. Watch how fast it grows! Like a Chia Pet with dollar bills.

Keep going!!! hyper

TEEEEEEEJ

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mountain Standard Time... which makes it... SIX days as of right now. I'll be honset... I did have one or two. So I cheated. But I'm really encouraged by the fact that I didn't enjoy the experience, which is good. And, I'm telling myself that it's far better than having smoked two or three packs.
I think most people fail at giving up an addiction, Sara, because they pay too much attention to the little steps backwards that are inevitable and let them overcome them.

So, much waving of pompoms and hearty ra ras all round for your positive and sensible approach to those. They will happen - but turning them into positives and letting them help you move forward as you are doing is a huge help towards your goal!

Well done, you! smile1

Keep it up!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Absolutely! Keep it up, Sara! How many days now? And TJ's right: start putting your saved money in a jar somewhere and whenever you're tempted to buy a packet count how much you've saved so far. wink

Hang in there!! We're rooting for you.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Almost 10 whole days. laugh And... if I didn't need the money for other things, I'd be saving it. razz )

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ten days Sara, congrats!!!! clap

Keep the good work, you can do it!

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
Merriwether
Merriwether
thumbsup hyper

- Under the Tuscan Sun
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1

Tricia cool

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard