Page 1 of 2 1 2
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Poor Lois. Kick to the gut
He loved her?
blow to the head
And now Clark - Clark, her best friend, the guy she always teased about being a farmboy - was Superman!
and then squished flat.
Only it wouldn’t have killed Clark. He was Superman. He was invulnerable. Nothing but Kryptonite could kill him.

She hadn’t saved his life at all.

She’d died for nothing.
As if being dead wasn't bad enough!

As soon as she figures out how to affect things around her (and this is Lois, so she will!), Clark is gonna be in so much trouble. thumbsup

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What Rivka said. Lovely section, brilliant section break <g> (thanks, Kae!)

Okay, we've established that everyone feels absolutely awful... let's move on to some character interactions, shall we? goofy Even if the first thing Lois does is try to kill Clark. Btw, have I mentioned the idea of them being dead together, happily ever after? laugh

Looking forward to more, so get writing!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
*wince* Never good to have a very mad ghost on your tail. Especially once they figure out how to interact with you and haunt you till your very last days. *peers over shoulder...*

I'm curious, though. Lois doesn't have the will to visit anyone else, so we don't know if she can. And we know she's following Clark.. hasn't been too far from him for long. I wonder if she's tied to Clark, and can't leave him? Hrm...

I'm loving it so far, and can't wait to see more!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Karen:
I wonder if she's tied to Clark, and [b]can't leave him? Hrm...
[/b]
Oh I like that theory Karen, think you might be on to something!

Great part, poor Lois. frown Can't wait for more! I'm hooked!! wink

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
notworthy notworthy notworthy

This is great, Wendy!

I cried (really cried) for almost the entire part, but the final phrases are almost scary: what is Lois going to think, to do, to feel? Her emotions will be so strong that she'll be able to comunicate with Clark? This must be a first: how do you say to your best friend and almost girlfriend you are so sorry she died because of you? So many possibilities with this story, Wendy, I'm very curious to see where you want to go!

Simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Uh Oh Clark is in trouble. When she finally gets to him somehow, he is going to be daed! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
A vengeful Lois ghost! eek!

Poor Clark he is so devastated..and now Lois realizes that she took a bullet for Superman! frown

More soon!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Blogger
Blogger
Poor Lois and Clark... whinging
I'm curious what will happen. Where are they heading? Can't wait more. Great Story! notworthy notworthy notworthy

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW, a superb part! smile1

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
If she were the type of ghost anyone could see or hear, she could go and haunt her killers. That would be something useful, and it would make her feel a little better about being dead. Maybe.
goofy

Folc nature being mostly optimistic, I imagine that we're all hoping Wendy (or at least Ydnew) can fix this. And probably in a way we aren't quite expecting...?

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! What a way for Lois to find out! And like Karen, I wonder if she could go to see somebody else. The way she ended up flying seems to point to the fact that she is linked to Clark.

Those two poor souls. Just two secrets (they love each other, CK=S) between them and look where they ended up. Makes you think if it wouldn't be better to have no secrets...

Can't wait for more, Wendy! clap clap clap

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok, here's a wild theory: Clark's aura sent Lois into the Phantom Zone. She's not dead (oh they did find a body didn't they? There blows that theory <g>)

That is so tragic when she realizes she stepped in front of a bullet for nothing.

ANGST is thy middle name...

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Top Banana
Top Banana
He was Superman, for god’s sake! How the hell had she been able to make him move?
Interesting! Looking forward to seeing what the answer is. So like Clark, through all this, probing at his love for Lois and also knowing that he has to "act" - to get Capone. I do like how you're shifting back and forth between Clark's introspection and Lois's reaction to his grief. Liked Lois's reflection about her "crazy period", too.

Loved this last bit!
<<She hadn’t saved his life at all.

She’d died for nothing.>>

Sets up an interesting jump-off point in your fic too - could shift so easily into 'screwball comedy' here or just the opposite - follow Pam's thought and soon Clark is a dead man too. <g> So ... uh ... how dead is Lois?

c.

J
jwb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Originally, I wondered as well how Lois would have been able to knock Clark down since he is Superman. However, even though the show was a bit inconsistent with this, Clark can get knocked down when he is suprised. The boxer did it (sorry, don't remember episode titles much anymore). He got hit by a car once and knocked over. The point is, if he isn't expecting it, he's just as easy to topple over as anyone else.

His dense molecular structure might make it a bit harder, but Lois was reacting on instinct and probably had a bit of adrenaline to help her.

Very interesting story Wendy. Looking forward to more.

--
Jeff
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Holy... mother... of... pearl. eek

I can't believe I'm saying this, but poor, poor Clark!! goofy Not like we haven't seen sharp farm implements come flying through the air to kill somebody on L&C before... wink

Waiting [im]patiently for the next part! wildguy

Sara smile

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Top Banana
Top Banana
So now she knows. And she wants to kill Clark. Well, they could both be ghosts and live happily ever after... wink Now, problem is, she needs to find a way to interact with reality so she can actually kill him. laugh

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, wow... poor Lois. I can't even begin to imagine what she feels like now. Alone, of course, probably hurt that even Clark didn't trust her completely, and angry that she'd died for him while he didn't even share his secrets. And of course, because she didn't have to die.

And poor Clark... because he knows she's died for nothing. And that it had been his fault for not telling her.

Really love how you tied them together. I suspect even if she didn't want to go after him, she'd have to. Soul mates? <g> Very, very nice.

Can't wait to see what she does to him. Knowing her, she'll find a way to let him know what she needs him to know. wink

Julie smile1

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Jeff, very plausible explanation for how Lois could knock Clark out of the way. smile

c

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry so late in the reading here, but no internet at home...

That clone excuse orginally used in TOGOM can bring her back right??? Cause this is just too sad if Lois can't come back!!! whinging

TEEEEEEJ whinging

Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved that tear trickling down his cheek. Loved it.

Yvonne
sighing deeply...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard