Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
As some of you know, my brother was deployed to Iraq last year. He was able to come and visit his wife, daughter, and our mom for about a week, but had to go back. We've been waiting for him to come home.. this morning, I got this message.

[10:11] misstj58: hi just wanted you to know that as of 630am your brother was somewhere in maine

He's going to be in Wisconsin for a week, then finally come home to stay.

I just wanted to give everyone an update, and thank you all for your good wishes and support for the past year.

If any of you have friends or relatives deployed, I hope they come back as safe as my brother has.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Merriwether
Merriwether
Karen, that is wonderful news. I'm so glad he returned home safely. Thanks for letting us know.

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm so pleased for you, Karen! It's great to see that happy endings do still happen in real life. Bet you'll be partying, right? party

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Karen,
I am very happy that your brother is coming home! It's good to hear that your wish has come true!

I recently read an article about returning troops who are unsure what their reception by the public would be. You can find it here: http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/2/102005mf.asp

Please let your brother know that we are all proud and grateful for the sacrifices of him, his comrades, and their families. smile

~sunkist

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad to hear it, Karen! Please tell him from me that I really appreciate his efforts to make the world a safer place, and I admire his willingness to go and serve. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Woohoo!!!! That is good news.

My uncle was in Iraq for a short time last year. Maybe they ran into each other? He works in logistics for the civil service.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Merriwether
Merriwether
Sorry this note is late - I have not been on the boards much this past month and a bit.

I'm glad he made it back alright. It really jolts me knowing what is going on over there.

party Partay time!!!! party

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great news, Karen, I hope he's made it all the way home by now. My brother-in-law spent 22 months over there 1/2 in Afghanistan and 1/2 in Iraq and came home earlier this past summer.

If your brother ever took a ride on a Chinook whose pilot was bald with a bad sense of humor and an even worse sense of direction that was him. smile

Hope he and you and the rest of your family are doing well.

-Michael

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
Blogger
Blogger
what everyone else said, I was sure I had replyed earlier though...anyways hope the reunion was great, well I am anti-war I am 100% pro solders(I know I probably spelled that wrong but honestly don't know how to spell that word)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard