Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#202237 02/12/05 04:25 PM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I was surfing around tonight and found a link to this story in a L&C thread on the Television Without Pity message boards. It's a crossover fic between L&C and Smallville.

It's mainly a SV fic, set in S1, but with references to a whole bunch of other sci-fi type shows -- Sliders, Quantum Leap, XFiles. And, of course, L&C.

Plot summary -- Tempus visits the SV universe to destroy yet another incarnation of L&C, and Wells takes our L&C there to stop him.

I haven't read very many SV fics, but this is a good one for L&C fans. It respects the 'ship, though with a really sweet twist. smile And it's well-written and fast paced, so I think it's worth a try, for anyone who is interested in reading such a story. The writer did a nice job of trying to marry the two universes, and there is some nice humor, too. (As well as some mild to moderate violence re Clark and Clark fighting the bad guy, etc. -- still, nothing I would consider more than PG13 on our boards.)

http://www.smallvillefanfic.com/archive/12/seventytwohours.html

I enjoyed reading it, and I thought the SV fans here might, too. smile

Kathy

#202238 02/14/05 04:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting story, Kathy smile My favorite bits, though, might have been the cameo from SportsNight (motto: it's about sports. Just like Baywatch is about water safety) and the reference to the Greatest American Hero laugh

Can anybody find any other references I missed? smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#202239 02/15/05 05:57 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
*falls over laughing* Oh goodness, that's too funny.

BTW, there's also an MiB reference. Which really had me rolling. Along with the Quantum Leap bit.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#202240 02/25/05 05:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Let's see, There was the Back to the Future ref of parking the time machine behind a billboard.

Time Trax ref with Darian Lambert

Batman ref with Tempus changing into the Joker and quoting him.

Even with the writer's pulling-a-fast-one in the end, it was still a well written story.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard