Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#202069 01/19/05 10:01 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Hey everybody!

I'm looking around for suggestions for a little parody of mine, and what better place than a board full of writers?

A little background: I personally don't like Teri's new hit show, weallknowwhatitis, but all of my disillusioned friends do. I'm not here to rag on DH, let's make that clear (I'll choose another board for that). Anyway, my friends and I are extremely sarcastic, dry humor teenagers who love making fun of things. Plus, we all live in a conservative small Southern town...

SO

we came up with an idea we like to call Desperate Churchmice-so conservative, it's scandalous! The ladies are exactly opposite than their counterparts on the show-e.g. Danielle (Gabrielle) is the head pastor's wife and B.D. (E.D.) is Susie's best friend. Martha-Allie(Mary Alice) transfers to another congregation, and nobody can fathom why.

Sound Stupid? It is. But it's fun! hyper

So, I would extremely appreciate any ideas for this storyline, no matter how outlandish it is.

Waiting anxiously for someone to post or be labeled as insane,

Sarah jump

[Lucius is trying to get his wife to tell him wear his Super suit is in 'The Incredibles']
Lucius Best: This is about the greater good!
Honey Best: I'm your wife! I'm the greatest good you're ever going to get!
#202070 01/19/05 11:22 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol, that's an idea... I love the idea of the woman transferring to a new congregation as the main mystery <g> "Oh, Martha-Allie, what did you do?"

If you get it written, let me know, I suspect I'd enjoy reading it <g>

PJ
who actually likes DH, much to her own surprise

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#202071 01/19/05 06:33 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
hey, I love DH but I also love making fun of things so be sure to tell us when you're done so we can see it.

I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you are thinking about but have you seen this site:
Desperate Houseflies

"I'm a Spanish fly!" lol

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player
#202072 01/19/05 07:16 PM
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Me too, in the.. like DH but this sounds funny... parodies are great :-)

#202073 01/20/05 08:21 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Ok, since everybody seems to want to see the finished product, I'll post it in the Original Fiction section when we're done-I'll probably post a notice here, too. But does anybody have any suggestions for this? help sad

[Lucius is trying to get his wife to tell him wear his Super suit is in 'The Incredibles']
Lucius Best: This is about the greater good!
Honey Best: I'm your wife! I'm the greatest good you're ever going to get!
#202074 01/20/05 10:10 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Suggestions? Okay, well... Martha-Allie's husband has to have some deep dark secret... maybe an old cache of Ralph Nader campaign literature? goofy You know, back when they were young and foolish... Or maybe a secret addiction to lattes instead of plain honest coffee? smile A brown-bag subscription to the New York Times?

And then you need the mysterious stranger who's looking for someone... He can be Bill, the local septic tank guy. (Or maybe Bob the Builder... err, no, wait, that one's taken...) Someone in town lured a young innocent girl into something sordid, like modeling? The poor thing's now in LA rolling in cash and depravity, and someone's gotta pay for leading her astray...

Maybe that'll help get you started wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#202075 01/20/05 11:40 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I don't know what is American conservatism is. I can imagine, but I don't want to guess. Up here, as many know, our stuff is different.

Hmmm...

Plus I don't have much of imagaination!

I would love to read what you plan on writing. It sounds hillarious. I'm also a fan of DH. I didn't think I'd like it so I ignored it, but was drawn to it because it looked neat, the characters seemed vibrant and hey, TH is in it. Now I'm hooked. I would love to see a twist on the DH world!!!

Instead of a fashion show, an 'evil' bake off?

Idon'tknow.... blush

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard