Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
From ComingSoon.net
Marcia Cross, Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Eva Longoria and Nicollette Sheridan have been set as presenters at the 62nd Annual Golden Globe Awards to be telecast live on NBC Sunday, January 16 (8-11 p.m. EST) at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

They join previously-announced presenters Patricia Arquette, Kate Beckinsale, Halle Berry, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell, Topher Grace, Goldie Hawn, Dustin Hoffman, Kate Hudson, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Diane Keaton, Anthony LaPaglia, Matthew McConaughey, Megan Mullally, Al Pacino, Mekhi Phifer, Lisa Marie Presley, Prince, Tim Robbins, Meryl Streep, Charlize Theron, Usher, Mark Wahlberg, Naomi Watts and Renée Zellweger.

Cross, Hatcher, Huffman and Sheridan are Golden Globe nominees for their roles in the ABC series Desperate Housewives. The only other instance of four actresses receiving Golden Globe nominations for one series was 2004, when Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon were nominated for their performances in Sex and the City.
Teri Hatcher, Marcia Cross, and Felicity Huffman are nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy. Nicolette Sheridan is nominated for Best Performance by a Supporting Actress in A Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Kerth
Kerth
Teri won wink

She was smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, well done, Teri!

I'm not as interested in the actors as the characters in a show, generally speaking, and for some reason, what I'd heard about DH made me think it was some madcap 'Lucy' style comedy.

So, when it premiered here in the UK a couple of weeks back I paid no attention. It got excellent reviews though.

Couple of days after the premiere, I was bored late at night and channel hopping when I noticed that E4 was repeating the pilot, followed by episode 2, so I thought, 'What the heck...'

Well, I was hooked! I wasn't expecting the sly, dark humour or the underlying note of 'dark underbelly of Suburbia' at all. A kind of mix of Twin Peaks and American Beauty. I love it.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
jump

I'm happy they were well reprsented in the Golden Globes! My roommate and I are *obsessed* with Desperata Housewives. But we've got nothing on my own mother. I can never watch it when it's scheduled because I always have band practice, and my VCR is really ghetto, so my mom actually tapes the show every week for me, and I swing by the house every Wednesday to pick it up. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Welcome to the party, Labrat.

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm so happy Teri Hatcher won! She was looking so healthy and beautiful at the awards show. laugh

I love watching "Desperate Housewives." It's one of the few shows I actually got my boyfriend hooked on. lol!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's one of the few shows I actually got my boyfriend hooked on.
It does seem to appeal to the men just as much, doesn't it. I keep hearing from people saying much the same thing. I told Stuart he'd like it too. He gave me one of those 'You're not serious?' looks. Then he sat down halfway through last week's episode and actually chuckled a time or two. I think he's on his way. <G>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lab, I think it helps for the guys that Teri, Nicollette, Eva, Marcia and Felicity are pretty easy on the eyes! Really, it does my heart good to see these actresses who are no longer young barely-twenty-types looking so incredibly lovely (not that they are in any way old, mind you). Makes me feel good about being thirty-something even though I look nothing like any one of them.

Actually, my husband will sit and watch the show with me. He doesn't go out of his way to catch it, but if I've got it on, he doesn't mind so much. Unlike Smallville, which he deems cringeworthy wink

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Kerth
Kerth
Lab, I think it helps for the guys that Teri, Nicollette, Eva, Marcia and Felicity are pretty easy on the eyes!
Really? I didn't notice goofy

Jose (expecting when are we going to see it here :p )

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Features Writer
Features Writer
-Labby

That's exactly how my boyfriend reacted when I told him I was going to watch the premiere episode. lol! wink

I like Smallville too. It's my favorite show on TV "now." If there's anything about it I don't like, I just remind myself it's just an alternate universe story. goofy My boyfriend actually enjoyed watching Smallville before I even introduced DH to him. It also helps that he thinks Kristen Kreuk aka: Lana Lang is hot! clap

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard