Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Good Lord. I loved this! I'm glad the IRCers nagged you enough! You really captured Lois' wallowing for me, Clark's moping...I pretty much just puddled into my bed. smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, Julie! I remember seeing a snippet of this on IRC a few weeks ago and being desperately envious of this line:

the once praised Lois Lane had the instincts and judgement of a doorknob, as it turned out.
ROFL!! thumbsup

Great, so revealing Lois-rant:
She took a deep breath. “I wanted to tell you,” she started slowly. “That I might have feelings for you. That I did, *do* have feelings for you. Only you cut me off. With your stupid lies, with your stupid, pointless confessions. With what *you* wanted. With what you thought was the right thing to say. Without thinking about what I might’ve had to say – you know, this is what you get for not letting me go first.”
And as for this:
They were the same person.

She repeated that to herself several times before the idea even began to penetrate her brain. It seemed as bizarre as saying Perry and Cat Grant were the same person.
Great line! And, yes, to Lois it must absolutely seem that ridiculous, that unlikely. People wonder why she never guesses, given how well she knows Clark and Superman, but of course why would the idea even occur to her?

And what a lovely, WAFFy finish! Understanding, I love yous and a smoochie. Perfect! twins

I hope this means we'll be seeing lots more from you, Julie!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay, Julie, you posted! thumbsup

Fantastic job!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Julie,

This was a lovely story. I was so sorry for both Lois and Clark and I did worry when Lois found her way into that bar. However, her super man was there to rescue her and what followed in Clark's apartment was sweet, with just enough angst to keep me guessing.

Thanks for sharing.

Yours Jenni

Merriwether
Merriwether
Wonderful, Julie! I love how you did this, between drunken Lois, the revelation about feelings, and the revelation about Superman. I liked the lines listed above, and I also liked

First, she’d missed the biggest criminal in the galaxy right under her nose, then *Superman.* Superman, the world’s strongest man and renowned superhero – under her nose.

Her nose wasn’t very reliable, she noted to herself, and then almost giggled at the idea.
Hehe

You know you're going to be nagged lots for stories, right? laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, Well, Julie gave a non reader of fanfic the tingles. I guess that means your story ROCKED! LOL I've only read like 3 or 4 stories I think and most were really really short. But I really loved this story. And Rachel will probably die when she sees I've read another one. Good job Julie with a start like this I'm off to find more!
Jen

Tempus: Because you are, in a
word, looney toons!.

Inmate: Looney toons is two words.

Tempus: Not if you say it fast.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Julie this was awesome! thumbsup WAFFy, poignant, so sweet and beautifully written! clap I'm still gushing!! wink Glad you posted it!! laugh

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wow that was sooo good! Excellent job.

Melisa

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow Julie I am impressed. This was a great little story. It had all the classic Lois and Clark that I love, including a revelation. Wonderful! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Julie

WOW! I love this. smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
goofy

Just one more thing: Make lots of freakin monday!

Can't wait to see what you have in store next!!! evil

Sara (who commends herself for not saying *anything* about beachwear... devil )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice, Julie smile excellent balance between waffiness, angsty moping, and those nice observational bits (like Wendy, I loved the 'doorknob' ref and also the Cat and Perry image. ) Also liked how you transitioned between Lois's & Clark's POV

But ... would Lois Lane order a double gin and tonic ? laugh

c

J
jwb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
This was a very nice story - just the right length with lots of emotion and feeling to really sink your teeth into. I was a bit surprised when Lois went into the bar. I would have just expected her to go home. Obviously, it worked out in the end. wink

Thanks for posting.

--
Jeff
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
/me hesitates to say I Told You So, but... goofy ]

PS - rotflol at the Corrs reference!!!!!! rotflol

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Columnist
Columnist
When they finally came up for air, both were flushed and breathing hard. She leaned her forehead against his. “I love you, Clark,” she said hoarsely. He cupped her cheek in his palm tenderly.

And in that moment, all was right in their world.
blush

Great story.

I love it.

Sweet...so sweet blush

Karla

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, thanks, everyone!

I honestly didn't think it would be this well received... and no, no hate-mail yet. <g>

Wendy - there's a WIP. But don't hold your hopes up too high...

Karen - I'm biting the bullet <g>

Sara - beachwear? What beachwear? /me wistles

Sara #2 <g> - the Corrs reference isn't supposed to be funny. <g>

Thanks, all, for the wonderful comments. Much appreciated!!! You guys really made my weekend. smile

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Kerth
Kerth
Beautiful! drool

Jose thumbsup

P.S. More fic, Julie!! wildguy

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Features Writer
Features Writer
Julie, this is excellent! hail I can't believe that you actually thought you'd get hate-mail after posting an angsty yet wonderfully WAFFy short story. We're the "perfect" audience.

Lots of wonderful passages have been quoted. I loved this too...

She must’ve noticed that long pause, because she continued. “And if you want to say that I was only on the rebound, and that those feelings weren’t real – Clark, when I was walking down the aisle I thought of you. When I was getting ready for the wedding I thought of you. It scared me, but I couldn’t help it.” Her voice choked up slightly before she finished.

He grinned. He couldn’t help but grin.

“Clark, you find that funny?” she asked, sounding disgusted.

Funny? She thought he found it funny? He found it wonderful. Wonderful wasn’t even adequate... amazing, fantastic, brilliant, incredible...

He would have kissed her again, had she been a bit closer.
Very very nice.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I told ya on IRC, but I'll say it again here.

Julie, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

This story was absolutely fantastic! goofy )

I don't really normally care for HoL stuff, but this was not only tolerable, I actually liked it! smile

Keep it up! thumbsup

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard