Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#201897 12/31/04 03:17 AM
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well there was a mini blizzard and because of it I feel torn!

First my dwarf hamster, Tidbit, passed away some time yesterday. I went to say goodnight to all five hamsters (I share them w/ my brother and husband, but I picked Bits b/c he was white w/ huge black eyes) shortly after midnight and I found him. Well I only slept a few hours b/c of my little furry buddy.

Then I woke up and had to get to work and my husband says let's take the car. I knew better, but I wasn't up for persuading him to take the bus. Well it got stuck, work clothes got gross, my drink bottle leaked in my bag, I'm tired, my husband is flat on his back now in the living room (he has sports induced asthma and an infection right now) and now I'm all bothered b/c I cannot get into work.

I don't want to go, but I feel guilty!!!! I have stuff on my desk that ***had*** to be done today b/c it is the last working day of the year. Though, I don't seem entirly motivated to walk to work (it would prob take 2 hrs today)and walk to the bus stop again to see if any buses are moving about. I would walk there, but the way back would be too tiring. Today was my turn for treat day too. I have so much food and not enough space to store it b/c it will go bad by Tuesday (when I was suppose to back to work). I needed enough to feed 40-60 people.

I cannot get a hold of any of my supervisors, which I hope means they cannot get in. But still I cannot relax!! I always get thorugh a blzzard or unless I hear that my work or school has closed down for the day. This one is such a little snow storm, but no the wind is making such silly snow hills.

Well, at least I dont' work in a restaurant any more and I would have to die first if I couldn't come in.

Silly little storm

Blizzard Warning Continued

Well at least it isn't cold outside.

Sometime please tell me to get a life and relax!

EDIT - I went and waited for the bus with some others. NOTHING. It's funny out there b/c I saw six cars stuck and then these 4X4s just flying about, but all at the whim of the snow ruts. It was like a scary dance.

My husband decided to trek off to Safeway. Normally a 20 min walk. He has to go and get his meds.

I'll *try* and enjoy my day off. UGH. I'm such a freak.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#201898 01/01/05 04:32 PM
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'm going out of my mind. We are stuck in this house. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do?

I've:

dug out the VCR and watched LnC
painted orcs
played with my hammies
teased the dog
got the car stuck again
poked my brother
cleaned the basement
watched TV
paced
teased my husband
paced some more

I tried to read more fic but I cannot sit still.

AHHHHHH

Isn't there someone from Brandon here?

#201899 01/01/05 06:04 PM
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Awwww sweety, naw though and know where it is. Actually, I think I have family there cousins or something but don't know where they live or their numbers.. shucks huh...

Anyways been there done that with the storms, usually my solace is online i do have a treadmill and an excercise bike as well. Andddd I take advantage of catching up on sleep and chores. We rarely shut down for storms anymore so I savor the 1 or 2 days off a year because of it. Unexpected forced relaxation :-D

Get some excercise if you can, aerobics or something that gets you moving so you work out the restlessness then enjoy some reading nods ... and hope that everyone else does stuff to keep themselves sane as well.

- Katie..

#201900 01/02/05 02:40 PM
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I was wishing I had a treadmill or a hamster wheel. I watched my hamsters with envy. We finally got the car out on Sunday afternoon.

My relatives from Nottingham are coming over on Wednesday. I hope they don't mind too much snow. I have not seen them since Aug '95 wel my Aunt and I have not seen her daughter since...I was 10 (I'm 27 now).

I get to go to the gym tomorrow! Yipee I am soo looking forward to buring off the 5 lbs I gained over the holidays....plus some.

I got into my LnC tapes!!!

#201901 01/04/05 02:18 PM
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Hmm. Well, I'm a born Minnesotan, so blizzards are usually when I catch up on reading. Nothing quite like reading a book during a snow storm and drinking a cup of hot cocoa or coffee.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard