Next Thread
Print Thread
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
My first thoughts were "Hell frellin yeah!"

From SciFi Wire :

SCI FI Channel confirmed that Farscape star Ben Browder will join the cast of SCI FI's original series Stargate SG-1. Browder will join the cast in the show's upcoming ninth season; no information on Browder's role was available. Meanwhile, the show's producer, MGM, is still working on a deal to bring back SG-1 star Richard Dean Anderson (Gen. O'Neill) in some capacity.
Some more background information on Ben Browder and info on SG1 eps itself are at Gateworld\'s article here.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmmmmmmmm. Not sure how to feel about that. <g> I was kind of wishing for Adam Baldwin and the return of SG-13 in some capacity. goofy

Ah well - could be interesting. laugh Just glad to hear that they're expanding the cast in some way, actually. (Providing this is a permanent casting and not just a guest role). We've lost far too many semi-regulars recently and looks like we're losing more before the S8 finale. (Which I am NOT at all happy about. mad ) A mistake I think as it's seriously reduced the cast. And unnecessarily too imo.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
seriously? Crichton and O'Neill on the same show...? eek Sounds fabulous to me! smile1

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not necessarily, Pam. SciFi is still in negotiations with RDA on S9 and there are no guarantees he'll be part of the new season. There's talk that even if he agrees to do S9, he'll only appear in the first 4 episodes.

There's some fan speculation that BB is being brought in as a replacement for the O'Neill character, rather than an addition to the established cast. If that's the case - if he's intended to play a character more or less the same as O'Neill then I'll be less than pleased, I think.

But if they do it right, it could be interesting. wink

Still would have preferred Adam Baldwin to reprise his role as Dixon if they're looking for fresh blood before they got to trying to shoehorn in a brand new character this late in the day. Especially when their track record of fitting in new characters to replace well-loved ones isn't exactly stellar. razz

And particularly since I've now heard that AB was very keen to get a regular character role in Atlantis, so obviously would be eager to get on SG1 if he was asked. And it can't be the thought of paying high cast salaries to an established name that's preventing them from signing up AB if they're willing to pay BB.

But kind of getting keen to see how things pan out in S9 now, after some initial trepidation at this news.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, true, they haven't been that terrific about replacement characters -- Jonas was playing Daniel all year long, pretty much the same way Daniel would have. Still, I have hopes smile And RDA has been on the verge of leaving for how many years now? They've been changing the team dynamics for a while now, so I'm interested to see what they do with BB -- I certainly hope he won't be an O'Neill look-alike. It could be fun if he was a hotshot young officer, giving Sam lots of opportunity to practice her leadership skills drool Farscape really annoyed me by the end, but BB was always cool.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If they can pull this off, it will be a great boost for the show.

Really, the writers are used to having a four person team and they really need a grunt with a comic flare to round them out again.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard