Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#201673 12/10/04 02:31 PM
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
As some of you know, my mom had her colon removed on Nov. 30th. Initially, the surgery looked like it was successful, but then she made a turn. At first, they said she had shown all the signs of a pulmonary embolism, but they couldn't actually find the PE. Now they are saying she has an antibiotic resistant yeast infection. And now she is showing signs of bleeding internally. I have no idea what is wrong, and I am so scared. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. She was supposed to have the surgery and then be *better*, not fighting for her life. So, if anyone could possibly keep her in their thoughts, I would be so grateful. Right now, she needs all the help she can get. Those of you that pray, I am sure she would appreciate your prayers as well. While I am not religious, my mom is.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#201674 12/10/04 02:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Laura, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know that in the last couple of days you've been very hopeful that things were beginning to look better. I'm so sorry that this has happened, and I can understand that you're scared. sad

Hang in there. You know we're all thinking of you and hoping and praying that your mom will get better. And if you need company, you know where to find us. wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#201675 12/10/04 02:48 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I hope things start to improve, Laura. I know how hard it is to deal with something like this, especially this close to the holidays. frown

I'll be keeping you and your mom in my prayers.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
#201676 12/10/04 02:49 PM
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
{{{{{{{{{{Laura}}}}}}}}}}

You know we're here for you. While I'm not religious either, I do have your mom in my thoughts.

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#201677 12/10/04 02:53 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
((((((((Laura))))))))))))

Oh, dear. You know I truly wish that she gets better soon.

I hope we can all bring you some confort, sharing this with you. It isn't easy, but please be sure that we are all hoping for the best.

I do pray and be sure she will be on every one of them. She was before and she will keep there until she is finally better.

Hang on, Laura. You must be strong now. I know your father also needs you at this tough moment. So whenever you feel down, come and share it with us. We are here to make it easier for you if we can.

You´re in my thoughts and prayers too.

Wish you all the best,

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#201678 12/10/04 03:11 PM
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
Thanks for your well wishes, everyone. I just got a phone call from my sister. My mom is going in for another surgery tonight at 11:00 -- so in less than an hour. It seems as though the feeding tube they gave her perforated something in her abdomen -- my sister wasn't exactly clear -- but they are going in for emergency surgery at 11:00.

Please, please, please keep her and my whole family in your thoughts.

- Laura

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#201679 12/10/04 03:11 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm so sorry to hear how things are going, Laura. frown frown frown frown

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Laura}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'll keep you both in my thoughts.

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#201680 12/10/04 03:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
At least they've found out what the problem is. frown I'll be thinking of you and your mom. Do come and let us know how things go whenever you can.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#201681 12/10/04 03:24 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
We are here, Laura. Hoping for the best.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#201682 12/10/04 04:38 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
At least now that they know what they're dealing with they have a better shot at treating your mom successfully. We're thinking of her, Laura.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#201683 12/10/04 06:59 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm praying for you guys, Laura. I know how scary emergency surgeries are. Keep strength and hope in your heart. Together, you and your family can support each other. Let us know how things go...we're here for you.

Best
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#201684 12/10/04 07:00 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Laura! I'm so sorry that you, your mom and your family have to go through all this. I'm not especially religious although I do pray, and know that your mom (and you and your family) will be in my prayers.

Hang in there, don't lose faith! We're all rooting for her and we're all waiting for good news from you.

Mirage

Clark: You're really high maintenance, aren't you?

Lois: Yes, but I'm worth it!
#201685 12/10/04 08:18 PM
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
Thank you, everyone, for your support. I can't even express how much it means to me. The surgery went well -- and they found out the reason for a lot of her problems. She had an ulcer in her stomach that was huge, apparently, and it was what perforated. So when that ripped open, it spilled bacteria and other bad things (acid, food stuff, etc) into her body. Now, hopefully, they fixed the perforation, and immediately her vital signs looked good. They are predicting at least a few more days on the ventillator, and quite a while longer in intensive care. I am still worried, but a little more optimistic.

Thanks again for your support. My mom's journey is far from over, but she might be on the upward track now that they know the root of a lot of her problems.

- Laura

#201686 12/10/04 08:49 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Laura, I'm sorry I didn't post sooner - catching up at last. I'm glad your mom is getting better. Keep us updated on her progress, and hang in there. We're all thinking about you. smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#201687 12/11/04 12:45 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
*hugs* I'm glad they found the problem and that she's doing better. I'll keep her in my thoughts, and I hope she continues to recover well.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#201688 12/11/04 01:31 AM
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Sending hugs, prayers, and healthy thoughts.

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
#201689 12/11/04 01:33 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yellow Dart,

I'm so sorry I didn't see this sooner. I'm praying hard for you, your family, and your mom, most especially.

Hang in there,

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#201690 12/11/04 02:35 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Same here - I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. My thoughts are with you and I hope everything improves. At least they found the root of the problem.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#201691 12/11/04 03:59 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad to hear that they now seem to be on the ball, Laura, and taking decisive steps to hopefully solve the problem.

I'll be sending best wishes your way that your Christmas is happy and you get the healthy New Year for you and yours that you've been hoping for.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#201692 12/11/04 05:06 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Laura,

I really hope that your Mom gets better soon.

I don't know you or anyone on the boards very well and don't post that often but I know that you must be very worried and upset, so I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks.

Sarah-Jayne

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve - Still Me
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard