Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#201449 11/09/04 04:59 PM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Just read this little tidbit on Kryptonsite (a Smallville fan site, for those not in the fandom):

CBS Sends Former "Superman" To The Dugout
The new TV series Clubhouse which starred former Superman Dean Cain (from Lois & Clark) has been sent back to the minors. After a dreadful Saturday night debut, the network that requires "CSI" to be in the show's title to ensure success has decided to axe the show.

What does this mean for Smallville? Well, it means that Dean Cain may soon be looking for a job. So, Al, Miles... one former Superman helped young Clark Kent on his quest in "Rosetta" and "Legacy"... perhaps it's time to bring in a protege or offspring for Dr. Swann. 22 million former Lois & Clark viewers may be watching... too bad his desperate housewife can't join him.
Big fat bummer. The show was cute, but I can kind of see that it had very limited appeal. How much can be done around the antics of a bat boy?

Sorry Dean. frown Hope to see you on Smallville...

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#201450 11/10/04 12:04 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I agree with your assessment. I'm not surprised it is getting the ax.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#201451 11/10/04 01:21 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'd like to see him on Wisteria Lane. laugh

#201452 11/10/04 10:50 PM
Blogger
Blogger
never saw the show, but hey it means he can come to Smallville well I wont mind wink

hmmm now if he were to move to Wisteria Lane then he and Lois err Susan could solve the big mystery and fall in love goofy

#201453 11/11/04 09:10 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Its tough enough that Dean can't go on a talk show without people mentioning Superman. I love how Dean always says that Christopher Reeve was the best Superman, in his opinion. Now as for Clark Kent, he's the winner dance

Anyway, Dean showing up on Wisteria Lane would only all an oil tanker to this fire, much as I'd love to see them together again!

#201454 11/11/04 09:53 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ouch! Seems like Dean's production company isn't doing well, either (does he still run one?). I mean, first Ripley and now this... But as long as I can see him back on the telly on a regular basis again, I don't care what show he's on. He's just wonderful! drool

Now as for Clark Kent, he's the winner
YES!

Mirage smile

Clark: You're really high maintenance, aren't you?

Lois: Yes, but I'm worth it!
#201455 11/11/04 11:37 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yup, it's a shame because he really seemed happy that he'd got a regular job which didn't suck up too many hours each day and gave him more time for his son (and whatever else he does to fill his days).

Would he accept a posting to Smallville? Personally, I doubt that he'll ever receive the invitation, but if he did, would he want to re-associate himself with the character he's been trying to distance himself from for the past n years?

Yvonne

#201456 11/15/04 06:51 AM
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
I'm sorry that this has happened to Dean Cain, but I can't say that I'm too upset, because CBS is replacing Clubhouse with The Amazing Race.

It so happens that I'm a huge fan of The Amazing Race. It's the best reality TV programme I think, some squabbling to make watching entertaining but not enough to be the focus, which is of course the places that each team goes to and the tasks they have to complete to get the next clue.

Don't kill me please?

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard