Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
From ComingSoon.Net

The ABC Television Network has picked up two of the season's most successful freshmen series-Desperate Housewives and Lost-for the full season, it was announced today by Stephen McPherson, president, ABC Primetime Entertainment.

"'Desperate Housewives' and 'Lost' each bring something unique to the table, and we're thrilled that audiences responded from day one," Mr. McPherson said. "Creatively, these two shows only continue to get better."

Added Mark Pedowitz, president, Touchstone Television: "Success in our business starts with creators who are passionate about an idea. That vision is then embraced by hundreds of people who help bring it to life week-in and week-out. I am so proud of everyone associated with 'Lost' and 'Desperate Housewives,' for all their hard work and support, and we're ecstatic that viewers have responded so positively to their efforts."

A primetime soap with a truly contemporary take on "happily every after," Desperate Housewives takes a darkly comedic look at suburbia, where the secret lives of housewives aren't always what they seem.

On each of its broadcasts, ABC's Desperate Housewives has been the No. 1 TV program on Sunday night in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49. The program is also the No. 1 new TV series of the new season in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49. On its most recent telecast (10/17/04), the show hit new highs across the adult demos: Adults 18-34, Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54. On its series debut (10/3/04), Desperate Housewives attracted the largest audience for any ABC series debut in eight years and was its most watched drama debut in 11 years - since 9/17/96 (Spin City) and 9/21/93 (NYPD Blue), respectively. In its three airings, Desperate Housewives is bringing ABC 124% more Total Viewers (20.8 million vs. 9.3 million) and 131% more Adults 18-49 (9.0/21 vs. 3.9/9) to the time period than at a same point a year ago.

Desperate Housewives stars Teri Hatcher as Susan Mayer, Felicity Huffman as Lynette Scavo, Marcia Cross as Bree Van De Kamp, Eva Longoria as Gabrielle Solis, James Denton as Mike Delfino, Nicollette Sheridan as Edie Britt, Steven Culp as Rex Van De Camp, Mark Moses as Paul Young, Ricardo Antonio Chavira as Carlos Solis, Cody Kasch as Zach Young, Andrea Bowen as Julie Mayer, Jesse Metcalfe as John and Brenda Strong as Mary Alice Young.

Marc Cherry (The Golden Girls) is executive producer and creator of the series. Michael Edelstein (Threat Matrix) and Tom Spezialy (The District, Ed) are executive producers, Kevin Murphy (Reefer Madness) is co-executive producer and Charles Pratt Jr., (Melrose Place, General Hospital) is consulting producer of the series, from Touchstone Television.
The article goes on to talk about Lost, if you're interested in that. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
WooHoo!

I've gotten hooked on both of these shows. I knew they'd developed a pretty quick following, but TV network execs often baffle me by their interpretations of ratings and demographics and the like. So this is reassuring.

Another show I've been enjoying (strangly) is "Life As We Know It". Hope that gets the lift. As well as "Clubhouse" which is very sweet and charming!

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard