Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=2122

Kevin Spacey Rumored for Lex Luthor
Source: Robert Sanchez/IESB.net October 19, 2004

According to a report on IESB Singer & Spacey may be reteaming for Superman.

The role of Lex Luthor won't go to an unknown, at least not according to Kevin Smith on a recent interview with the NY Post and other reliable sources. Kevin Spacey is Bryan Singers number one choice to become Superman's arch nemesis.

Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey have been friends ever since the pairing up in the breakout hit The Usual Suspects. Official announcements should be forth coming from Warner Bros. in the next few days.
-Breanna smile

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I thought Kevin Spacey had given up movie acting so long as he's artistic director of The Old Vic theatre in London? Given that he's doing that, and apparently also appearing in stage productions here in the UK, would he have time to make a movie?

Course, this could all be complete tosh. I'm not that interested in who works at the Old Vic to pay strict attention and so I'm just going on something half-heard on the news at some point a long time back. goofy Could be making it up as I go along for all I know. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
I heard the same thing, listed on superherohype.com. After following a few links, I found the exact text (since I was wondering how Kevin Smith knew, since he's not involved with the movie, though he is big into comic books)..

"I heard Singer's thinking about [Kevin] Spacey as Lex Luthor, which is awesome," Smith told The Post.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard