Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#201173 10/17/04 03:19 AM
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Yes, it seems to be finally official. Latino Review (a site that I have seen give true reports along with cool set pictures) reports that Bryan Singer has cast relative unknown Brandon Routh to portray our favorite superhero on the big screen.

After rumor upon rumor posted online about Warner Bros.’ reintroduction of the next “Superman” movie franchise, and just who will be playing the part of the Man of Steel himself, LatinoReview can now put to rest the biggest rumor of all… Just who is “Superman”?

Director Bryan Singer had recently mentioned to AICN that he is committed to casting an unknown. Thanks to our same source 'Anonymous,' who has given us the ‘firsts’ on castings on Fantastic Four, and Batman Begins, we now have info on Superman.

The man who Singer has picked to play Clark Kent/Superman is none other than a relatively unknown actor by the name of Brandon Routh (Seen here in the photo to the right dressed in his own Superman outfit on Halloween last year).
According to stats posted at IMDB, Brandon ‘B.J.’ Routh stands at 6’ 2” and just days ago celebrated his 25th Birthday on October 9th. Sadly, this is the same day that “our” Superman Christopher Reeve had fell into a coma and later had died. And Routh was born in Iowa, which is the same state that George Reeves was born, one of the original silver screen Superman stars.
The whole article, including the picture, can be found here .

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#201174 10/17/04 03:56 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
For me, Dean Cain is still the best CK/Superman yet (even better than Christopher Reeve), but this guy, he does come pretty close. cool

Spiderman sorta prove that action hero movies don't *have* to be mindless things. Let's see what the scriptwriters do for this Superman movie.

#201175 10/17/04 08:34 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Cool. He needs to bulk up if he is really the next Superman. He's cute, but man I'm sure they'll dress him up better, eg. not w/ a t-shirt underneath. LOL. He look like someone dressed up for Hallowe'en. Very cheesy.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#201176 10/17/04 10:07 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hmm. I've seen better.

Then again, with all the make-up and the dressing up and the rest an actor gets before the shoot, you never know...

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#201177 10/17/04 05:53 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Hallelujah!!! I was hoping that they would pick an unknown actor. laugh I think that's really the best option for them. goofy

This guy doesn't look too bad...I think it's those old CK glasses that are turning me off, though I'm sure that that'll be taken care of in the film. wink

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#201178 10/18/04 12:56 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I was hoping that they would pick an unknown actor.
Me too.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard