Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#201096 10/11/04 11:45 AM
C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
I heard last night when I logged into my email. I think the first thing that came into my mind was WHAT? I couldn't believe it at first then I started looking into it for confirmation. He has done so much and given those living with paralysis so much hope in his tireless efforts to find a cure. It is a shame that he won't be with us to see that.

However, I know that he will be with God for eternity so Rest in Peace Chris!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#201097 10/11/04 01:11 PM
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
I couldn't believe the news. I think I was so in awe of the man that I had started to see him as a real life Superman: invincible. I wasn't certain he would walk again, but I truly believed he would live a long life and continue to fight for the things he believed in. I had to check and check the news again before reality sunk in.

The world lost a real hero today, not because of what he did in a set of tights, but because he showed us that the indomitable human spirit knows no bounds. He was an inspiration to everyone and his example challenged each and every one of us to be better than we are and better than we ever thought we could be.

#201098 10/11/04 01:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh God these sentiments for Christopher Reeve are so beautiful. I wanted to see him walk again too. I always donated the few cents I could toward his organization, hoping someday to hit it big and donate a large sum of money to help his cause. I wanted to see him walk again. I know we all did. I wonder if he realized that he did so much more then walk. He gave us hope, he gave us dreams, and he stood up and fought for those in need in a way that went way beyond the physical act of standing. He did so much for this world. God bless him. What a loss the world has had today! But I hope he is feeling free right now and soaring above us all. May his spirit live on and his cause come to an end in the near future. He will have helped to find a cure for spinal injury, even though he is gone. His fight will go on until the deed is done. And I know he will be there when that first person gets up out of that wheel chair to walk.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#201099 10/12/04 09:21 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Following this awful news yesterday I couldn’t even visit the boards.

Christopher Reeve first touched my life as a child and I will never forget sitting down with my father on a Sunday afternoon and watching Superman. Watching a man that could fly and seeing Christopher Reeve portray him in such away changed the way I thought about things and made me look at film, and television and the whole superhero genre in a completely and fascinating way.

But then he touched me in a very different way many years later when I finally sat down to read his autobiography ‘Still Me’. As you can tell from my sig that I have had since then, this book and the story of Chris Reeves life touched me in a way I never thought possible. Reading the story of a man that I have never known but one with such courage, determination and strength made me look at my life in a very different way. I was suffering from mild depression at the time and he made me realise that I was lucky enough to simply be able to breathe; from then on I never looked back.

I am devastated at his death. May rest in peace and may we all be grateful for encountering such a special and admirable man that touched and changed all of our lives.

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve - Still Me
#201100 10/12/04 08:45 PM
C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
For all you Aussies here I just saw Channel 9 and they are screening Superman the movie as a tribute to Chris this Friday at 8:30PM. Though I never liked it too much I'll definitely be watching it. I echo the sentiments made here and elsewhere that Chris was a true Superhero. The Sydney Morning Hearld said that the qualities Superman had were all present in Chris himself since his accident and I totally agree.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard