Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
OK, I found this analysis online and I found it really facinating. I know there are several of us here who will find it interesting, since it's specifically about Smallville, but I think the rest of you might enjoy it, too, even if you don't watch the show.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/lexcorp_hope/312973.html

It's an analysis of how episodes evolve from script to screen, and what the different roles of the various players are (writers, actors, producers, network, etc.) My understanding from the friend who sent me the link is that this person is employed in the industry, but I don't know the author personally to confirm that.

But I found it an interesting read, and believe it would be enjoyable for people who are rabid fans of any show, so I thought I'd pass it along. smile

Kathy

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hope writes some of the best analysis of Smallville I've ever seen.

I love the episode reviews she does - they're very insightful not only about the show but about how television works behind the scenes.

"Let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and trasform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Kathy, that was a great article/essay. I really enjoyed it - thanks for sharing the link.

I like what Hope says as a generality, and since I'm the world's biggest behind-the-scenes fan, this was especially intriguing to me.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Kathy, that was fascinating. However, I'm also rather appalled. It's a wonder that anything remotely creative or original gets made when there are so many cooks intent on spoiling the broth. wink

Yvonne

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard