#200979 10/03/04 03:49 PM
N
noorie Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
N
Did anyone else watch?

I thought it was great, and Teri's character is so far my favorite. Susan and her daughter trying to clog up the drain before Mike showed up, and Susan accidentally burning down Edie's house were both fabulously funny.

This show is getting great buzz -- and I can see why! smile

#200980 10/03/04 03:55 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I watched, and thought it was funny. They even got the Lois analogy out of the way very quickly..

"Macaroni and cheese was the only thing Susan could make, and she rarely made it well."

hehe

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#200981 10/03/04 04:42 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Soooo funny! Fortunately I saw the first go around of the pilot before they changed a few things. Man, I wish I could turn on that gizmo called a tv sometime. Six nights out of seven are usually packed, though. Oooh, idea, all tv from now on needs to just come on Thursday nights! laugh

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#200982 10/04/04 08:52 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I watched it too and really liked it. I'm partial to Teri's role of course. It's nice to see her back on TV.

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#200983 10/04/04 02:30 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just watched it tonight. I really, really enjoyed it.

My favorite parts:

When Susan (Teri's character) burned the house down.

When Gabrielle left the party to run home and mow the lawn so her husband wouldn't fire her boy-toy gardner.

When Lynette's old coworker asked her if she liked being a full-time mom, and she contemplated telling her the truth, but then lied and said "It's the best job ever." I've lived that moment!!

I hope this one has legs. I'll be tuning in every week.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#200984 10/04/04 03:19 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
When Lynette's old coworker asked her if she liked being a full-time mom, and she contemplated telling her the truth, but then lied and said "It's the best job ever." I've lived that moment!!
Definitely one of my favorite moments. Don't you hate it when people are so cheesy?

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#200985 10/05/04 02:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I saw the second half of it... my husband had seen the earlier bits so he helped fill me in on some of the characters. My favorite line, which would make a terrific sig file, would have to be:

"I can't believe you tried to kill me!" "Yes, well, I feel badly about that."

rotflol

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#200986 10/05/04 04:00 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL Pam!! I had forgotten about that one. It was probably the best line in the whole show.
rotflol

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#200987 10/18/04 12:58 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I watched my first episode last night (towel bye-bye one) and I really enjoyed it. I laughed so hard. I wanted to watch the first ones, but I wanted to watch but wasn't sure. Now I wish I watched it from the start *sigh*. Well I know what I'm doing next week! Watch, there is no episode next week. Arugh. That would be my typical type of luck.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#200988 10/18/04 06:59 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I am SO addicted to DH... The cast is amazing. Of course Susan's my favorite character--with a 'disaster' in every episode so far--but the mystery is super intreaguing as well.

Bravo to Teri and the rest of the cast on the success of Desperate Housewives!
--Wanda

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#200989 10/18/04 09:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really wasn't sure I'd like this show... as a non-desperate housewife myself wink I was a little worried about negative stereotyping. But it's been pretty cool, with a wide range of characters and their problems. Very funny, but with enough bite sometimes... When Bree (sp?) came out with that line about Rex at the dinner party, I think my husband actually flinched.

And I'm really curious what's up with Mary Alice. Plus the busy-body woman from last week... and that little girl is hilarious.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#200990 10/18/04 10:35 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Pam,

I have to say I agree - the last thing the world needs is another show that exploits housewives. And until I read reviews of the show, I had no intention to watch.

That said, I think the title is a little misleading. Other than Mary Alice, they don't seem desperate at all (ok, maybe Bree too). They're not desperate - they're just trying to live day-to-day.

As someone who comes from a broken home, the scene last night with Susan's ex-husband struck extremely close to home for me. But in a very funny way. This show just keeps getting better.

And I really want to know what the tie-in is between Mike and the trunk.

Elle Roberts

She's a dancer who doesn't dance. He's a painter who doesn't paint. It's like a bohemian version of the Island of Misfit Toys. – “Igby Goes Down”
#200991 10/18/04 02:57 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
When Bree (sp?) came out with that line about Rex at the dinner party, I think my husband actually flinched.
I thought that was hilarious and such a hit below the belt at the same time. I find Bree facinating and so disturbing at the same time. How on Earth does she get her hair to stay put!!

I'd say more (I always want to say more), but my computer keeps wanting to shut down on me every five minutes. Ugh. I can't get any homework, BRing, chatting done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard