Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#200845 09/15/04 11:56 PM
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I phoned Wendy last night to check to see how the big moving day went, and things couldn't have gone better.

The house was left in immaculate condition, the old owners couldn't have been friendlier showing them how everything works, and the only downside is that Wendy and John will be dog-sitting for apr. 2 weeks. However, that isn't even that bad as the dog has a run at the end of the yard, and the old owners will be feeding him, walking him, and cleaning up after him. (Big dog! Lots of cleaning up!) Wendy and John will probably not even consciously remember that he's still there.

When I phoned in the early evening, there wasn't much left to do. Wendy was about to make the bed (for falling into in a few hours in a state of total physical and mental exhaustion! Can you tell that I've moved before?) and then she and John were going to buy groceries so they could actually COOK a meal! I gather the attraction of fast food restaurants has begun to pall after so many weeks of patronage!

Sometime later this week, W&J will be back online with a temporary dial-up connection with cable modem coming in about a month. This means that Wendy might not be so lightning quick with her responses to emails, the boards, etc., but that just means she'll be reduced to the speed of a normal person, not the 'super' person that she is! clap

I foresee many mini FoLC-fests in my future! (October, October, October!!!) party

Irene laugh

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#200846 09/16/04 05:21 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
WooHoo Wendy!!!

Glad to hear the move went smoothly. Now you can stock up on all of your favorite foods, sneak to the kitchen in the middle of the night and help yourself to a giant glass of ice without having to remember to take your room key. wink Of course, this means no more housekeeping services to make your bed every day and refresh your towel supply.

Now, you go out and give that dog a pat or two. I feel sorry for it frown That its owners had to leave it behind for a while. Poor puppy!

Congratulations!
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#200847 09/16/04 09:27 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Oh!! Good news!! Nice!! clap clap

Happy settling, Wendy!

See ya soon,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#200848 09/17/04 09:07 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Woohoo!! Great news! Thanks for the update, Irene. smile Glad everything went smoothly with the move. And LOL on the home-cooked meal! Can't cook to save my life, but I sympathise! What's on the menu?

Kaethel smile (seconding Irene's "October, October, October" hyper )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#200849 09/18/04 12:32 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Yay for Wendy! Now if only they'd hurry up with that broadband! wink

Glad to hear things went well.

Sara (who is kicking herself now b/c she found the disk with Wendy's fdk on it a day late! It's coming soon! laugh )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#200850 09/18/04 03:07 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Wendy moved? Did she bring John with her?

Tank (who really should pay more attention to what's happening in the world)

#200851 09/21/04 02:54 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey El!!! Looks like they have your room all ready for you ... Just hope they clean it up after the puppy leaves. <G>

sloppy

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
#200852 09/21/04 04:12 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
rotflol

Hey A!!! Remember we're supposed to share the room? sloppy

El devil

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
#200853 09/23/04 11:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ROFL!!! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#200854 09/23/04 11:55 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy, Welcome Home!

Let's see if I can remember this:

May the walls keep out the cold and wind. May the roof block the rains. May the floor be strong beneath you, and may the hearth be...ah, shoot...the heart of the...I don't remember...warm and inviting something something...happy, joy-filled, full of years in your new home...something.

And I mean every word of it....that I could recall, and the rest that I couldn't! But you're a writer, you can just fill-in the blanks for the rest?

CC- Sorry, that was weak. No defense.

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#200855 09/24/04 03:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you, CC! smile

And, for anyone who is interested, this is our new house: laugh

[Linked Image]

This was taken close to sunset, so the brick shows as golden-brown; it's actually grey brick.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#200856 09/24/04 12:25 PM
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Beautiful! Glad you made it safely.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard